Animals false stupidity

• 16 Replies
Animals false stupidity
« on: September 14, 2005, 04:41:20 PM »
I think there is a reasonable chance that our pets could be pretending to be dumb so we will feed em and give em a free ride through life. Other animals might do this too but could my belief be true.
img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a256/Monsuco1/halo.gif[/img]
Respect List: Shian, Zelor_X, JediMasterX, EworMcTam, anyone from GUA or the wastelands. Woot and NINJA forever.

I am so sexy

?

MacMan

Animals false stupidity
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 04:47:05 PM »
Totally agree, they are more intelligent than you, and me together  :(

Animals false stupidity
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 04:57:21 PM »
I'm not saying that but who is the smart one, they do nothing and get free food. hmm sorta like welfare only they are less like bums
img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a256/Monsuco1/halo.gif[/img]
Respect List: Shian, Zelor_X, JediMasterX, EworMcTam, anyone from GUA or the wastelands. Woot and NINJA forever.

I am so sexy

Animals false stupidity
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 04:50:58 AM »
I agree. and Monsuco you are not sexy you fag.

?

Tante Käte

Animals false stupidity
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 09:38:15 AM »
You are all stupid!!

?

arkcarn

Animals false stupidity
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 01:36:13 PM »
What's with humans?
They create problems and arguments.
It's exactly like what Darwin said, humans destroy all those they consider below them so superior genes can be past on.
What is it though? What comes at the end of this struggle to get the best, be the best and only have the best humans live?
There isn't an answer but you humans make the answer.
GOD
But then you find problems with that too.

Sorry.

Animals false stupidity
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 06:20:54 PM »
It's basically like Jerry springer said.

(paraphrasing)

If an alien civilisation looked at earth through a telescope and saw one animal dropping their excrement on the ground and another animal bending down to pick up that excrement, who are they going to assume is the dominant species.

It's exactly like what Darwin said, humans destroy all those they consider below them so superior genes can be past on.

With savages, the weak in body or mind are soon eliminated; and those that survive commonly exhibit a vigorous state of health. We civilized men, on the other hand, do our utmost to check the process of elimination; we build asylums for the imbecile, the mained, and the sick; we institute poor-laws; and our medical men exert their utmost skill to save the life of every one to the last moment.
(Darwin, The Descent of Man, 1800's)

This is nothing like what Darwin said, this is extreme eugenics which some people derived from Darwins theories (even with savages he just refers to weaker men dying out on their own). Normal eugenics simply says do not save people who have genetic disorders as it will result in this genetic disorder being passed on. At best you could say that Darwin was sympathetic towards (though he still did not endorse it) mild eugenics (i.e. if someone suffers a severe genetic disorder then discourage them from having many children and encourage healthier and/or smarter people to have more children).

Seriously though i think the pet idea is pretty out there, while more intelligent than the flat earth theory (not much of an accomplishment), to be true it would have to be born into every pet on earth which among other things seems incredibly unlikely.
ou can't spell idiot without ID.

Animals false stupidity
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 06:22:01 PM »
whoops, i mean jerry seinfeld
ou can't spell idiot without ID.

Animals false stupidity
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 12:22:29 AM »
Darwin was a theologian, not a scientist.

Animals false stupidity
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 02:23:06 PM »
Troubadour: "Darwin was a theologian not a sceintist"

so was einstein, whats your point?

also pets brains << than human brains

from all that we can tell they only have basic emotions, and dogs can't even see in colour.

however if we are doing it on size of brain, the sperm whale has the biggest brain on the planet, and if we are doing it on cognotive strength (ie how many colours can you see) certain squids can see 7 more base colours than us (we only see red green blue)

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
Animals false stupidity
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 11:10:40 PM »
from all that we can tell they only have basic emotions, and dogs can't even see in colour...if we are doing it on cognotive strength (ie how many colours can you see) certain squids can see 7 more base colours than us (we only see red green blue)

I was under the impression that color perception was merely based on the presence or lack of rods and cones in our eyes.  Also, this implies that people that suffer from color-blindness are somehow less intelligent than those who can see colors, is this intentional?

Animals false stupidity
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 05:01:33 AM »
yes but (well dogs mainly, don't know about cats) have an underdeveloped sense of sight, of course they do have a greater sense of smell....

and colour perception is rods (or is it cones? always mix up the two) in the eye, but your brain also has to be able to compute the data sent from them, which, even if we gave dogs rods, they couldn't.

but yeh, how many colours you can see doesn't really how intelligent you are.

i was just trying to indicate that our brains were far more developed than any household pets.

anyway there are more than enough dogs and cats that are put down every day - never mind being spayed - if they really were intelligent they would most likely stop having their balls cut off.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Animals false stupidity
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 12:27:09 PM »
I don't believe that present day animals are smarter than people, but I do believe that the dinosaurs had an civilization far in advance of any proposed by conventional science.

Since I believe the continents have not ever shifted position and "Pangea" is just a government lie, it is necessary that dinosaurs had a means of nautical transport in order to spread themselves across the globe in the manner in which they did. I think it's likely that they built primative boats which acted as ferries which allowed them to colonize different continents.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Animals false stupidity
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 04:05:25 PM »
err how did they build the boat exactly? most of them didn't have A) hands or B) oppoaible thumbs - would be hard to make tools without them  and it would be hard to fashion boats without tools.

also some of them were pretty dam big, surely there would be evidence left of these constructs that were used to transport them.

and also most of them had brains the size of a walnut.

Animals false stupidity
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 10:15:06 PM »
"It's exactly like what Darwin said, humans destroy all those they consider below them so superior genes can be past on. "

If Darwin said such a thing, I regret ever being interested in him.

It doesn't sound like something he'd say though.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Animals false stupidity
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 04:37:31 AM »
Quote from: "DrQuak"
err how did they build the boat exactly? most of them didn't have A) hands or B) oppoaible thumbs - would be hard to make tools without them  and it would be hard to fashion boats without tools.

also some of them were pretty dam big, surely there would be evidence left of these constructs that were used to transport them.

and also most of them had brains the size of a walnut.

It's been discussed already in general. Firstly, opposable thumbs aren't a prequisite for tool use (take nest-building birds, otters which crack shells open with rocks, ants and termites building complex structures - none of these have opposable thumbs).

As for evidence left behind, the ratio of dinosaurs to boats would have been huge, and considering the proportion of dinosaurs which became fossils (very small number), the likelyhood of a boat not degrading over 65 million years is incredibly slim.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Animals false stupidity
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 04:40:23 AM »
it sounds more like a veiled attack against his discreditors if he did.