Is this website a joke?

• 54 Replies
?

callum1234

Is this website a joke?
« on: June 15, 2007, 02:45:44 AM »
For real, I heard it used to have a paragraph somewhere saying it was actually a joke, but it was removed later.

I cannot believe that people are in such extreme denial for no real reason.

If theres a great big ice wall, take a fucking picture.  If people stop you, take a picture of them.  Take a goddamn picture of SOMETHING, and post it.

Re: Is this website a joke?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 02:56:40 AM »
they cant get pics cos they cant go to the ice wall for some reason. they thinkb that it can be patrolled by 600 men. nobody here has solid proof. abandon hope all ye who enter here
i believe the world is an oblate spheroid. anything i say that contradicts this is purely for the sake of argument.

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 04:31:45 AM »
For real, I heard it used to have a paragraph somewhere saying it was actually a joke, but it was removed later.

That never existed to my knowledge.

I cannot believe that people are in such extreme denial for no real reason.

Samuel Birly Rowbotham showed the earth flat through experiment, his experiments and results are available online for free in the book Earth: Not a Globe.  That's reason enough.

If theres a great big ice wall, take a fucking picture.  If people stop you, take a picture of them.  Take a goddamn picture of SOMETHING, and post it.

It's been stated before, you pay for it, then they'll do it.

token

• Why don't you go fuck a rolling doughnut!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 04:52:07 AM »
It's a place for debaters, not fuck-minded six-year-olds like you.

The idea is, you defend the side you're on.

The other side may cover its ears and say "nanananana", but that won't stop you from KNOWING that you've done a good job.

On an entirely different note, where has HumblePhilosopher gone to? He had solid arguments.:(
Maybe I will!

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 05:29:33 AM »
The idea is, you defend the side you're on.

Wrong, you say what you want and get laughs.

token

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 05:33:28 AM »
Then every so often, you get those guys who try oh so hard to be funny.
Maybe I will!

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 05:43:59 AM »
Then every so often, you get those guys who try oh so hard to be funny.

Then you laugh at them, not with them.

token

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 05:48:13 AM »
Then every so often, you get those guys who try oh so very hard to be funny.
Maybe I will!

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 05:50:27 AM »
I get the feeling like I'm being insulted...

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 08:40:41 AM »
And occasionally, you come across someone who tries oh so hard to be funny.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 08:49:10 AM »
they cant get pics cos they cant go to the ice wall for some reason. they thinkb that it can be patrolled by 600 men. nobody here has solid proof. abandon hope all ye who enter here
Agreed

600 men patrolling the entire circumference of this "flat earth"? by my calculations and their theory that the flat earth has a diametre of 26,000 miles, the circumference is 81692 miles. If 600 guards were spread accorss this distance that works out to be one guard every 136.153 miles. Someone please tell me how that is going to stop people seeing this ice wall?

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 08:51:17 AM »
Agreed

600 men patrolling the entire circumference of this "flat earth"? by my calculations and their theory that the flat earth has a diametre of 26,000 miles, the circumference is 81692 miles. If 600 guards were spread accorss this distance that works out to be one guard every 136.153 miles. Someone please tell me how that is going to stop people seeing this ice wall?

This isn't a man with a gun standing in the middle of 136 miles.  There's most likely of systems set up to allow them to detect anything that goes past a certain distance.

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 08:56:54 AM »
Agreed

This isn't a man with a gun standing in the middle of 136 miles.  There's most likely of systems set up to allow them to detect anything that goes past a certain distance.
Yeah? then what? a man is dispatched from 68 miles away if this intrusion is detected in the middle. it seriously wouldn't work. Ice wall guard theory [decimated]

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 09:00:56 AM »
You forget we have ways of detecting things long before they get to the 'middle'.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

token

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 09:05:03 AM »
How far would you have to be to see a 50,000 foot wall? How about 150?
On a round earth? On a flat earth?

I swear I'll believe you. (Not being sarcastic, just trying to add to the discussion with my limited knowledge)
Maybe I will!

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 09:06:02 AM »
In which case a single man would be dispatched, 2 if the other side helps, over the harshest terrain on the planet, and the worst storms imaginable. Not to mention if this group is sizable. This theory is flawed, badly.

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 09:06:57 AM »
How far would you have to be to see a 50,000 foot wall? How about 150?
On a round earth? On a flat earth?

I swear I'll believe you. (Not being sarcastic, just trying to add to the discussion with my limited knowledge)
you can see K2 from hundreds of miles away and that's only 26,000 feet

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 09:08:38 AM »
They obviously don't let you get close enough to the 50 000ft part of the ice wall to see it.

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 09:17:51 AM »
How do you know there are guards. and 600 of them.

token

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 09:45:41 AM »
They don't; it's just the number that suits their theory quite well, thank you very much.

Did you think they'd actually procure a number that would help refute FE?
Maybe I will!

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 09:48:54 AM »
i thought they'd at least procure a number that didn't mean one guard every 138 miles, that's just pointless and would have no result, getting power to detection systems in such remote regions is improbbable also, there are simple not enough resources to cover an area so vast.

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 12:44:17 PM »
They don't; it's just the number that suits their theory quite well, thank you very much.

Did you think they'd actually procure a number that would help refute FE?

600 is an example of how few it would take.  People proclaim it would take millions, FE'ers went and showed it wouldn't.  Isn't it in the FAQ?

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 02:35:34 PM »
Heh, this is worth the 30 seconds I spent reading it...

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 02:54:57 PM »
Supposing for a moment that the government does guard it solely by posting men on it, these men are 150 in the air. From that hight they can see at least 15 miles in every relevant direction (this of course is calculating using the RE model... on a FE they might see farther). Thus you can cover the whole wall with just 78,225/30 = 2608 men.

You can decrease it further by giving them snowmobiles and having them ride between waypoints. If they can ride 10 mph and still keep an eye on things, then in one hour one sixth the previous number -- or 652 men -- can cover the wall in an hour. In fact, doing this gives them better coverage, since this way their 15-mile-radius field of vision doesn't have any holes.

Now take the terrain into account -- much of the Ice Wall is probably unapproachable except by air -- and you can trim down the numbers even further.

Strategically locate some helicopter pads (on the wall or floating) and you can have heavy armament on the scene in thirty minutes. Assuming an Apache helicopter can fly 150 mph, in that time they could fly 75 miles, so we would need to place pads every 150 miles, requiring 521 pads. Obviously, if you don't insist on thirty-minute response time, you can do with fewer. Don't forget that the watchmen can see 15 miles away from the wall, so thirty minutes should be more than enough to intercept any boat that tries to approach, snap pictures, and sail to safety.

Of course, this is all assuming that the only means our governments have of detecting trespassers is by looking with their eyes. We're neglecting radar and high-altitude spyplanes, probably with infrared cameras.

We're also neglecting intelligence. Anybody who wants to travel to the ice wall has to leave from someplace, and these someplaces can be watched by agents as well. There aren't too many good places to set on on such a journey from. Then, such expeditions would also have to be planned, and agents could get words about them before they even start. Once they've started, agents could monitor radio transmissions. If they can discover tresspassers a thousand miles away instead of only fifteen, then maybe they don't need so big a force as you say.
Do you realise how impossible it would be to get helicopter fuel to antarctica? not to mention helicopters can't work in that sort of weather, far too windy. Also this ice wall is claimed to have water at it's feet so snow mobiles are no option.

You also forget the many men who have actually reached the south pole.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 02:58:35 PM »
Do you realise how impossible it would be to get helicopter fuel to antarctica?

???
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 03:02:15 PM »
Do you realise how impossible it would be to get helicopter fuel to antarctica?

???

It's thousands of miles away from any port. Only ice breakers cannot even go near such areas as the ice is far too thick to break through. Pipelines cannot be deployed there due to the sub zero deep sea temperatures of the antarctic, even more so no solid groud through which to have an outlet.

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 03:03:39 PM »
It's thousands of miles away from any port. Only ice breakers cannot even go near such areas as the ice is far too thick to break through. Pipelines cannot be deployed there due to the sub zero deep sea temperatures of the antarctic, even more so no solid groud through which to have an outlet.

Well, people seem to get there now, don't they?  I'm sure the government could manage quite easily to do what they've done before.

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 03:14:30 PM »

Well, people seem to get there now, don't they?  I'm sure the government could manage quite easily to do what they've done before.
No really, my soul industry is sub sea pipelines. it's not possible. No Ship big enough could lay such a vast amount of pipeline in those waters. No ship exists big enough to deploy ROV's of the correct size in such waters, not to mention trying to make hydraulics work in -80 degree's Celcius. No helicopter could possibly fly unaided to the antarcic ice shelf *note not a wall, a shelf*. If they caught someone, then what? Gun's don't function in temperature's that extreme. no pnumatic weapon will work due to compressed air forming blocks of ice when used in sub zero environments.

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 03:17:01 PM »
Where are the guards conviently waiting? Did they build little outposts in the ocean for these guards to be dispatched? (an outpost wouldn't be able to be built in most places of the ocean due to depth)

It would be almost impossible to monitor the whole ocean considering other life signs that would pop up the radars. Fishes, whales and whatnot would be swimming around. What stops someone in a small boat from reaching the ice wall? Perhaps one of those mini-submarines?

How could they set up a radar system that can monitor the whole ocean? Where are the radar towers? (Oh, radars work through satellites... but there are no satellites right?)
The Earth is round because Jesus told me so...

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2007, 07:06:43 PM »
Yeah sure there is a giant ice wall and sure there are guards, guarding it. (rolls eyes) Wow, and people wonder why people get killed it's because of morons like this that toss out freaking insane ideas. I mean where is this "ice wall" i wanna google it and get a damn picture of it. And while I'm at it i will get pictures of the guards ya know Elvis, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, ya know none of the famous celebs never die they just get recruited to guard "the wall"