A flat earther will never be convinced.

• 23 Replies
A flat earther will never be convinced.
« on: June 14, 2007, 04:21:48 PM »
I believe with 100% confidence that the earth is round, and I will never be convinced that the earth is flat. Flat earthers think in the same way and will never be convinced that the earth is round.

Any arguement stating the earth is round with proof is immediatly rebutted stating it is a conspiracy, and since the evidence is too real for them, they have no proof that it is in fact... a conspiracy.

Basically, flat-earthers have thought of everything that can prove earth is round... and have made some scientific mumbo-jumbo to go against it.

No one can ever win in this arguement, because on this site... real proof isn't proof.

It's just ridiculous... don't you think people would have taken pictures of it... what is the government hiding?
Oh right they can't take pictures because the government is guarding the whole perimeter of the earth (explain how that is possible). People don't just fall of the earth without someone noticing that kinda thing.

It's from NASA... but they are part of the conspiracy right?

Did they lie about mars too?

The mars pictures sure look real to me... and there are no such deserts on earth that look like that.

NASA's not lying... flat earthers are lying to themselves.

Just don't go insane when somebody finds the proof that isn't a conspiracy to you... but that will never happen until space travel comes into effect. We'll just have to wait and see... if we are still alive by then.

The earth is round in my opinion (and just about everyone else on the planet), and it is flat to some of you.

Peace out...
The Earth is round because Jesus told me so...

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: A flat earther will never be convinced.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 04:23:15 PM »
You were a member of this site for a month and a half and this is the best you could do?  ::)
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 04:26:53 PM »
You have 2222 posts and you can't say something better?

The pictures are real...

[Besides... I originally came on this site a year ago... I have seen just about everything posted... nothing is left so I posted this, there is no point in arguing with those who cannot be persuaded]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 04:29:14 PM by Jaxson »

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 04:28:56 PM »
How do you think I got 2222 posts?  From writing long monologues?  ???
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 04:31:21 PM »
I believe with 100% confidence that the earth is round, and I will never be convinced that the earth is flat. Flat earthers think in the same way and will never be convinced that the earth is round.

So you admit that you're just as blindly dogmatic as you claim Flat Earthers are?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 04:32:53 PM »
Do you believe the earth is flat?

[blah blah blah... get on topic and actually discuss what I posted]

The book at the beginning of the FAQ by samuel whoever... was written in 1881. They had almost no technology back then... at the time it would have seemed right because there was no other explanation. Modern science has proved it wrong.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 04:34:43 PM »
Actually... as you had said that I am so blindly convinced was how I meant to start this. It is true that I am blindly conviced... however I can't be persuaded to believe in a flat earth without photographs. oh sorry there are none because the government threw them off the earth or something.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 04:36:54 PM »
Actually... as you had said that I am so blindly convinced was how I meant to start this. It is true that I am blindly conviced... however I can't be persuaded to believe in a flat earth without photographs. oh sorry there are none because the government threw them off the earth or something.

So if you're blindly convinced, and you're convinced that we're blindly convinced, why are you even here?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 04:40:16 PM »
Are you blindly convinced?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 04:41:14 PM »
So if you're blindly convinced, and you're convinced that we're blindly convinced, why are you even here?

He wants to feel superior by making fun of FE'ers. I love you though Dogplatter.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 04:47:40 PM »
I'm not making fun of the actual people... I just find it funny there is no actual evidence that the earth is flat except from the guy who founded the society over 100 years ago.

You have numbers... but can you ACTUALLY prove it...

You can throw the numbers out there and they can make sense. But there is no solid proof of it meaning anything...

Round earth people have photographic evidence...

[Is google earth in on the conspiracy too? how do the satellite images match up to a round earth... when the earth is flat according to you?]

And now you try to close the topic by making fun of me?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 05:20:25 PM »
Are you blindly convinced?

I'm not blindly convinced of anything. I think that's why I'm a Flat Earther.

I'm not making fun of the actual people... I just find it funny there is no actual evidence that the earth is flat except from the guy who founded the society over 100 years ago.

We've got tonnes of extended reading if E:NaG isn't heavy enough for you. Ask Tom for a comprehensive book list - by the looks of things he's got far more literature than I have.

You have numbers... but can you ACTUALLY prove it...

You can throw the numbers out there and they can make sense. But there is no solid proof of it meaning anything...

I... don't understand. So do you have a deep mistrust of mathematicians, economists etc? Pythagoras is such a sleazy hustler.

Round earth people have photographic evidence...

I've seen feature-length films with convincing looking trolls, aliens, etc., in them. Are these legitimate evidence for their respective existences?

[Is google earth in on the conspiracy too? how do the satellite images match up to a round earth... when the earth is flat according to you?]

Read up on pseudolites. Google Earth is made with aircraft.

And now you try to close the topic by making fun of me?

The topic's wide open.

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 05:30:35 PM »
You may have lots to read... but most of the reading is somewhere back in the 1800's... it's irrelevant.

Where does the math come from, if there is no where to start?

Another thing... if the earth was actually flat and the government is trying to cover it up... why is it that:

You have so much proof that it clearly shows the earth is flat, and yet the government doesn't close down this site?

How do you know your literature and everything in it wasn't made up?

Or perhaps the earth is round and the government isn't covering up anything?

I want you to actually answer this question.. what about these mars pictures? No desert on earth looks like that! And that certainly isn't CGI.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 05:32:10 PM by Jaxson »

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 05:37:23 PM »
You may have lots to read... but most of the reading is somewhere back in the 1800's... it's irrelevant.

Total bullshit. Flat Earth literature in various forms has been published, read and critically reviewed throughout the 20th (and 21st) century.

Where does the math come from, if there is no where to start?

Don't go all zen on me. What are you talking about?

Another thing... if the earth was actually flat and the government is trying to cover it up... why is it that:

They earn lots of money by doing it.

You have so much proof that it clearly shows the earth is flat, and yet the government doesn't close down this site?

The Conspiracy is threatened by effect rather than by quality/quantity. At present we're churning out an FE believer once every blue moon, and only managing to vaguely shake the faith of a handful of REers. In cases where FE sources have actually presented a threat to the Conspiracy's worldwide integrity, heinous steps have been taken.

How do you know your literature and everything in it wasn't made up?

Ditto.

Or perhaps the earth is round and the government isn't covering up anything?

Gee, this thought never crossed my mind!

I want you to actually answer this question.. what about these mars pictures? No desert on earth looks like that! And that certainly isn't CGI.

I disagree on both points.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 05:39:24 PM »
That picture posted in the OP is not a picture of the Earth, it's a NASA 3D model.

Jaxson, do you truly believe that the picture you've provided is accurate?

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 05:43:57 PM »
You disagree that no desert looks like that?

In the picture there is NO dead plant life, no dried up logs, the sand through the whole desert is red (unless there is some desert with huge iron deposits no one knows about).

And seriously, where did the math come from...

And how can a government cover up a large ice wall surrounding the perimeter? There are not enough people on the earth to cover that distance. There have been no pictures of it...

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 05:48:54 PM »
Immediately, on my first impression I can tell that your Round Earth image is a 3D model. This exact image is often posted on this forum along with the caption "The Earth is Round Moronz." In reality it comes from NASA's Blue Marble project. NASA even admits in small print on its website that your image is nothing more than a stitched together mosaic plastered onto a 3D globe.

Th following page is hidden in the confusion of NASA's website. Its existence is necessary for legal reasons. Take a look: http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view_rec.php?id=2429

Quote:

This spectacular “blue marble” image is the most detailed true-color image of the entire Earth to date. Using a collection of satellite-based observations, scientists and visualizers stitched together months of observations of the land surface, oceans, sea ice, and clouds into a seamless, true-color mosaic of every square kilometer (.386 square mile) of our planet.

The cloud image is a composite of two days of imagery collected in visible light wavelengths and a third day of thermal infra-red imagery over the poles. Global city lights, derived from 9 months of observations from the Defense Meteorological Satellite Program, are superimposed on a darkened land surface map.

Credits: NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Image by Reto Stöckli (land surface, shallow water, clouds). Enhancements by Robert Simmon (ocean color, compositing, 3D globes, animation)

If we look around the internet we will find that this image you've given is widely assumed to be authentic - a real photograph taken from space. You probably got found the image in a collection of space images somewhere. It is regarded far and wide to be a true photograph of the earth. It's not.

Do you see now how easily the average person is duped?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 05:52:56 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 05:51:41 PM »
Yeah I had just read that under the picture when you mentioned it.

However, what about mars pictures?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 06:23:24 PM »
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
objectively good

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 06:25:11 PM »
That is partly the sunlight hitting the sand.

Can you explain the wind that is left in the desert sand picture you posted?

And yet you look at my picture and there is no effect of wind in the sand.

(I know there are bumps in my picture, but it is not the cause of wind rather the shape of formations underneath the sand. On your picture it is by wind hence more edges and such in the sand.)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 06:27:18 PM by Jaxson »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 06:29:27 PM »
Photorealistic 3D terrain is definitely possible.

Here's an old freeware rendering program from 1998 that can create such photorealistic images on the fly:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 06:32:15 PM by Tom Bishop »

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 06:32:15 PM »
I should have grabbed a better picture to manipulate, but that took me all of 2 minutes to fiddle with. Imagine if someone actually skilled and using other more advanced programs had a go at it, with a lot of time.

Here is the original.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 06:34:35 PM by divito »
objectively good

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 06:35:47 PM »
my god, of course everything is fake.

In this case it isn't. That picture was taken from video footage, it was not just made as one single picture.

Anyways I am going offline for a while.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 07:53:29 AM »
my god, of course everything is fake.

Incorrect.
objectively good