Evolution and Religion

• 205 Replies
Re: Evolution???
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2009, 01:00:42 PM »
Okay, maybe they're fighting, but we weren't talking about them, so why does it matter?  We're talking about how Islam, Judaism, and Christianity are all pretty much the same.
No, I meant this statement is wrong.
They are very much the same Mohammed even consulted with the catholic shurch while he was forming his religion

How so?
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2009, 04:04:39 PM »
Okay, maybe they're fighting, but we weren't talking about them, so why does it matter?  We're talking about how Islam, Judaism, and Christianity are all pretty much the same.

How so?
Christians believe Jesus was the son of God. Muslims believe Muhamed was Allahs prophet. Jews don't believe either of those.
I hate myself for coming here

« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2009, 04:14:22 PM »
however muslims believe jesus was a prophet, jews just do not believe that jesus was the messaih we do the torah and the old testament are the same thing the rules guiding the religions are the same along with the histories so how are they not similar
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2009, 04:29:19 PM »
however muslims believe jesus was a prophet, jews just do not believe that jesus was the messaih we do the torah and the old testament are the same thing the rules guiding the religions are the same along with the histories so how are they not similar
Allright, you can think that.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2009, 08:53:21 PM »

How so?
Christians believe Jesus was the son of God. Muslims believe Muhamed was Allahs prophet. Jews don't believe either of those.

You have stated one difference. They all believe in one god, and from all stories, the same one.

Other than dogma, they are very similar.

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2009, 04:46:38 PM »

How so?

You have stated one difference. They all believe in one god, and from all stories, the same one.

Other than dogma, they are very similar.
Allright, you can think that.
::)

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
Re: Evolution and Religion
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2009, 05:07:58 PM »
I think the problem is the propaganda about other religions. Islam is being defiled the most right now.

When terrorists claim to follow Islam and bomb buildings, it gives us a view into their most extremist followers. They really have no connection to Islam.
Comparing Islam to the media purported stereotyped followers is something that happens to all religions. If you wanted to learn Islam, you would not go to those people and ask any more than someone wishing to learn about Christianity would approach the KKK. Yes, the KKK is a Christian organization, and just like Islam, the extreme people who are seen following it are actually vastly misrepresentative.

Learn about Islam before you claim it is nothing like Christianity.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2009, 05:48:51 PM »
I think the problem is the propaganda about other religions. Islam is being defiled the most right now.

When terrorists claim to follow Islam and bomb buildings, it gives us a view into their most extremist followers. They really have no connection to Islam.
Comparing Islam to the media purported stereotyped followers is something that happens to all religions. If you wanted to learn Islam, you would not go to those people and ask any more than someone wishing to learn about Christianity would approach the KKK. Yes, the KKK is a Christian organization, and just like Islam, the extreme people who are seen following it are actually vastly misrepresentative.

Even Mohammed consulted with the Catholic Church while he was organizing his religion no too mention that the Koran talks about Jesus and Abraham as prophets that came before Mohammed. Also of you ever go the temple mount in Jerusalem both Jesus and Abraham are written about in the walls there also

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2009, 05:52:07 PM »

People in the KKK believe that the white race is better than others. Islam believe that religion makes them better than other.

LEARN ABOUT ISLAM BEFORE SAYING IT IS ANYTHING LIKE CHRISTIANITY.

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2009, 05:55:01 PM »

People in the KKK believe that the white race is better than others. Islam believe that religion makes them better than other.

So muslims think they worship a different god? No, they just believe that after Jesus god spoke to one more guy to spread the message even more

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2009, 06:12:49 PM »
Kingman, do you believe that Christianity is better than Islam?
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2009, 07:17:33 PM »
I'm not touching that with a 40 foot pole.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2009, 08:29:02 PM »
I'm not touching that with a 40 foot pole.
lol. I can't imagine why.  ;)

...Alright, let's see.... You chose Christianity over Islam right?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 08:30:42 PM by ﮎingulaЯiτy »

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2009, 04:03:31 AM »
Islam can't be better than Christianity cos Muslims can't eat pigs. Pigs are tasty.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2009, 10:54:15 AM »
Islam can't be better than Christianity cos Muslims can't eat pigs. Pigs are tasty.
And they cant drink booze

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2009, 11:06:26 AM »
If we're going to be going all fundie with the ideas, Christians can't fuck. It's a self destructive ideal, given that it spreads like AIDS.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2009, 11:22:08 AM »

People in the KKK believe that white christians are the best and everyone else should leave. Extremist Muslims believe people of their religion are better. Can I ask the difference.

So state one thing about islam that is inherently different from christianity other than the basic dogma that is less belief and more details.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2009, 12:15:41 PM »

Poor suckers. Although all the muslims I know, won't touch pig but will happily drink.

If we're going to be going all fundie with the ideas, Christians can't fuck. It's a self destructive ideal, given that it spreads like AIDS.

Eh?
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2009, 12:29:22 PM »

Poor suckers. Although all the muslims I know, won't touch pig but will happily drink.

The same is true with those I know. :P
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2009, 12:37:03 PM »
Christians can have sex, they just aren't allowed to cheat on their wives.

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2009, 01:02:24 PM »

They can have mead I believe but they are not supposed to drink anything that is fermented with grains or fruits

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »
Then vodka should be fine coming from potatoes.

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2009, 01:12:07 PM »
It may be I will have to ask a muslim next time I see one

?

grogberries

• I am large! I contain multitudes!
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2009, 01:14:06 PM »
You can ferment most anything, including potatoes. I know people that make pickle wine  ???. Most things you eat, you can ferment!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 01:15:38 PM by grogberries »
Think hard. Think Flat.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2009, 01:33:21 PM »

They can have mead I believe but they are not supposed to drink anything that is fermented with grains or fruits

They're always talking about whisky. Hmmm.

vodka is made from all kinds of things

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2009, 01:35:28 PM »
You can ferment most anything, including potatoes. I know people that make pickle wine  ???. Most things you eat, you can ferment!

As long as it has sugars. You can make it from pure sugar and water. I thought vodka had to be potato.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2009, 01:38:43 PM »
Vodka can be from grains, potatoes or sugar beet.

?

grogberries

• I am large! I contain multitudes!
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2009, 01:45:34 PM »
"Vodka" is a diminutive of the Slavic word woda/voda meaning water

interesting?
Think hard. Think Flat.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2009, 01:50:55 PM »
Typical Slavs

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2009, 02:20:06 PM »
"Vodka" is a diminutive of the Slavic word woda/voda meaning water

interesting?

Water of life. Where do you think the name for whiskey comes from?