The Other Planets

• 119 Replies
The Other Planets
« on: June 13, 2007, 07:13:58 PM »

If we are flat, why are all the other planets round? And if you say they are not, all it requires is a simple telescope to see that you are wrong.

Re: The Other Planets
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »
That's a very good argument.

It's less than probable that Earth is the only flat geological structure in the solar system.

That must be admitted.
 I Feel Like A One-Legged Man In An Ass Kicking Contest

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 07:18:13 PM »
Oh for the love of god, have you read ANY of the other posts?? Don't get me wrong, it's a legitimate question but it seems like every other day some new guy asks this question. Seriously, its been done to death. Do a search on the forums before you post a question that is seemingly obvious, coz I guarantee you'll find that it has probably been done already - numerous times.
Hmm... A good solid RE arguement and not an FE'er in sight. ::)
Oh, no...they're here. It's just that damn perspective..

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 07:18:31 PM »
Well, all of the planets look flat even when viewed with a powerful telescope, therefore you are on the Conspiracy.
I'm so tempted to put a scratch and sniff at the bottom of a pool and see what you do...

Avert your eyes, this is too awesome for them...

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 07:20:16 PM »
I think all the hardcore FE'ers are in the Round in Earth Conspiracy.

They are a very intricate part.

They are put in place to doubt the model in such a stupid way - it drives others to believe the RE Model even more.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 07:21:03 PM »
The answer is simple. Other planets are not the earth.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 07:22:03 PM »
By that assersation,

I don't have a penis.

Because I am not Tom Bishop.

Even though I am a male Homo Sapien.

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 07:23:30 PM »
Well, all of the planets look flat even when viewed with a powerful telescope, therefore you are on the Conspiracy.

If you record it for hours you will notice what is called "rotation". Something that round planets do. And you will see not one side but a 3D figure of a rough Sphere.

thesublime514

• I am the Walrus.
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 07:24:28 PM »
Can we have a new, separate, n00b forum?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 07:26:01 PM »
Thats because we have magical dirt.

Or because gravitation makes round objects, thus making the earth round too. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 07:27:27 PM »

If you record it for hours you will notice what is called "rotation". Something that round planets do. And you will see not one side but a 3D figure of a rough Sphere.

LoL he wasn't being serious man.. like I said already, take some time and read through the posts on the forum before you go all gung ho and post every thought that comes to mind. You'll find that most ppl here don't believe in an FE, but will probably treat you with sarcasm because you ask questions that have been asked 100 times.
Hmm... A good solid RE arguement and not an FE'er in sight. ::)
Oh, no...they're here. It's just that damn perspective..

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 07:27:49 PM »
Mr. PhD doesn't want to play anymore.

Someone should call his mother and apologize for us all.

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 07:27:58 PM »

Again with the Magical stuff. If anybody uses Magic as a reason that just means they have no argument.

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 07:56:30 PM »

Again with the Magical stuff. If anybody uses Magic as a reason that just means they have no argument.
Magic, Unexplained, and Conspiracy, in that (decreasing) order, are all degrees of victory for RE whenever FE needs to invoke one of them and RE does not. By the way, no FEer admits the dirt is magical. sokarul, a fellow REer, is poking fun (successfully) at some of their more outlandish claims.

?

Raging Clue

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 08:36:25 AM »
Is it too much of a stretch to believe in magic? We all used to when we were children, before we were taught how to think. We knew in our hearts back then that magic existed. Now, why all of a sudden in our later years, do we immediately disregard it as pure fantasy? Magic is real. I never stopped believing it. I use it every day. You can use it for your own benefit or the destruction of others. All you have to do is believe. And have a vial of gypsy tears and magic powder on your person AT ALL TIMES. The end.

P.S. Woo Cheese! Maytricks!

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 08:51:50 AM »
Is it too much of a stretch to believe in magic?

Yes.

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 12:39:12 PM »

They also rotate when viewed through a telescope. arse.

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 12:41:49 PM »

They also rotate when viewed through a telescope. arse.
Ah... She's on the RE side. She was just making fun of the FEers. I suggest that you avoid calling people names, please.

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 12:42:31 PM »
Have you seen every planet in the cosmos? Do you know that there isn't another flat world somewhere else? No? Didn't thinkso mate. Don't assume something like that. Admittedly I think your theory is right, I just like a good arguement.

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 01:15:12 PM »
Have you seen every planet in the cosmos? Do you know that there isn't another flat world somewhere else? No? Didn't thinkso mate. Don't assume something like that. Admittedly I think your theory is right, I just like a good arguement.
Please don't say mate, reminds me of too many chavs of my school days.

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 01:42:34 PM »
Never met a British stereotype? (Not the kind Hugh Grant likes to play).

My point still stands though. Tomorrow, scientists might find another distant planet, and maybe it's flat this time. Who knows?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 04:54:35 PM »
I believe all the planets are flat. There's nothing special about the Earth, to assume so would open a can of worms as far as consistency goes. Why would the Earth be different to other planets?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 04:59:58 PM »
I believe all the planets are flat. There's nothing special about the Earth, to assume so would open a can of worms as far as consistency goes. Why would the Earth be different to other planets?
You are right, earth wouldn't be different.  And since the other planets are spheres, earth is also a sphere.
Of course this is based off of facts and physics and so on.  I suppose your opinion trumps them though. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 06:48:20 PM »
I concerned here that your position is hard to support. Consider the observations of the rotation of the features of various planets, the Sun and, to a very small extent, the Moon, the revolving moons, the rings of Saturn, and even the views of nebulae. Would you reconsider?

?

Fex

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 09:44:33 PM »
The world is round, whats the point in this site anyway lol? Just to much around on?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 11:27:11 PM »
Whoops.   ;D  It's a little late.  Still, point me to a post where an FEer explains something with magic (not sarcastically).
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 11:34:51 PM »
Whoops.   ;D  It's a little late.  Still, point me to a post where an FEer explains something with magic (not sarcastically).
1. Shadow object
2. The stars moving in the sky.
3. See my sig
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 11:38:24 PM »
None of that claims magic as an explanation.  Show me the post where an FEer says that these things are explained by magic.

You seem to be stuck on this magical dirt, though.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 12:20:19 AM »
"Because earth is far more superior than other planets, because it has life."

What about aliens?  ::)
heories of flat earth is irrevelant.

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2007, 05:38:21 AM »
What about aliens?  ::)

When was the last time you talked to an alien? ::)