Satellites/Conspiracy

• 74 Replies
Re: Satellites/Conspiracy
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2007, 01:21:39 PM »
Many people say money, but how are they getting all this "conspiracy money" anyways?

NASA's budget is $16 700 000 000 this year, so, the government.

Because your a NASA accountant?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2007, 01:30:49 PM »
Thats one old ass conspiracy.  I didn't know NASA was a couple thousand years old.

Plato wasn't necessarily in on the conspiracy, he may have just been plain wrong. Much of his other "scientific" work is about as convincing as Dianetics or Timecube. The World of Perfect Forms is a good example - no empirical evidence, no reasoned argument - he literally just made it up.

In other news usually quack science would mean that the science doesn't work, like quack doctors.

And it's reasonable for me to claim that RE science "doesn't work" since I don't agree with its conclusions being correct or factual.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2007, 01:31:16 PM »
Too bad that's not the same post. 

You fail at the interwebs.
Its still the same thing.  Feel free to name one hole the RE has thats not in a theoretical area.  

And it's reasonable for me to claim that RE science "doesn't work" since I don't agree with its conclusions being correct or factual.
Your opinion does not disprove science. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 01:32:53 PM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Spherical Earth Society Leader

• Join our Conspiracy, The Spherical Earth Society!
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2007, 03:17:50 PM »
RE'ers believe that satellites orbit the Earth, and I agree. If you look at pictures taken from space, they are all above the equator, because thats the height it needs to be to orbit correctly. How does FE explain why the pictures taken are at that angle every time? Just part of the conspiracy or what?

You're actually wrong. According to RE quack science, there are various different possible orbits, not all of which require the satellite to be above the equator.

About the conspiracy, what really is the motive behind it? What do they get out of tricking people into thinking the Earth is a globe? Many people say money, but how are they getting all this "conspiracy money" anyways?

The modern conspiracy earns its money through the space programs of the world, which never actually send anything to space.

Also, why hasn't anyone "spilled the beans" yet.

Stop and think. You're posting on the FLAT EARTH SOCIETY forums. We are the ones spilling the beans.

They'd be killed if they talked, but some people wouldn't care.

Evidently not.

Many people in the past have spoken the truth and be killed. With all the governments in on it, why hasn't someone spilled the beans?

Besides my previous points, there have actually been cases of assassination by the conspiracy, where the stakes were high. Use the search function to dig up some of my writings on the assassinations of Scott of the Antarctic, Charles K Johnson, and various other Flat Earth bean-spillers and would-be bean-spillers.

And, are the conspirators really willing to go to war and kill people to make a convincing conspiracy?

Many wars are fought by nations who don't even have space programs, and are not necessarily in on the conspiracy. The only major exception is the Cold War, in which yes, the conspiracy was willing to go to "war" to make a convincing conspiracy. Notice that not that many people actually died in the Cold War considering how long it went on for.

Who has spilled the beans? I mean from inside the conspiracy, not random people who stood up and said it.
Join my Conspiracy...(SHH!!)...The Spherical Earth Society!

Just...Don't...Tell...Anyone...

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2007, 03:25:08 PM »
Who has spilled the beans? I mean from inside the conspiracy, not random people who stood up and said it.

They have, throughout recent history, eliminated "insiders" who might have talked, as well as people with legitimate evidence for the Conspiracy's existence. Scott of the Antarctic would have talked, as, in my opinion, would JFK, Abe Lincoln and various other people who were, or became aware of, the Conspiracy's existence and had damning evidence or pulling-power on their side.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2007, 03:56:01 PM »

They have, throughout recent history, eliminated "insiders" who might have talked, as well as people with legitimate evidence for the Conspiracy's existence. Scott of the Antarctic would have talked, as, in my opinion, would JFK, Abe Lincoln and various other people who were, or became aware of, the Conspiracy's existence and had damning evidence or pulling-power on their side.
Evidence? Wild imagination, perhaps?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2007, 04:10:20 PM »

There's plenty of evidence for Scott of the Antarctic's assassination. I've gone through it quite a lot in previous posts, try the search terms "Scott of the Antarctic", "tent", "assassination", "CLAWING", etc.

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2007, 04:48:54 PM »

There's plenty of evidence for Scott of the Antarctic's assassination. I've gone through it quite a lot in previous posts, try the search terms "Scott of the Antarctic", "tent", "assassination", "CLAWING", etc.
What about the others you listed: JFK? Abe Lincoln? and various other people? Oh, and your Scott evidence is nothing but innuendo as far a FE cover-up is concerned.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2007, 04:38:36 AM »
This is better than TV.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2007, 08:44:08 AM »
This one sure is inaccurate:

Little kid, don't call the RE a quack science when it has no HOLES and has an answer for everything.

Engy Baby, we were having a perfectly legitimate debate on the validity of FE, and you come along and start insulting RE'ers because of bad grammer and logical fallacies.

So he made a mistake, so he had a typo or two. You attack him like because of this one mistake his whole arguement from here on out is now invalid.

You lose, please leave this thread.

RE influence modifier -1
I'm so tempted to put a scratch and sniff at the bottom of a pool and see what you do...

Avert your eyes, this is too awesome for them...

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2007, 08:54:26 AM »
Engy Baby, we were having a perfectly legitimate debate on the validity of FE, and you come along and start insulting RE'ers because of bad grammer and logical fallacies.

So he made a mistake, so he had a typo or two. You attack him like because of this one mistake his whole arguement from here on out is now invalid.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

One could argue that his inability to use grammar, and spell properly would greatly diminish the credibility to whatever he is claiming. Surely, a non-ignorant person would know to not judge a person in such a way, but I'd ask to at least have the courtesy to proofread and use the English that most of use were taught in elementary school.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 10:15:51 AM by divito »
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

thesublime514

• I am the Walrus.
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2007, 09:01:03 AM »

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

One could argue that his inability to use grammar, and spell properly would greatly diminish the credibility to whatever he is claiming. Surely, a non-ignorant person would know to not judge a person in such a way, but I'd ask to at least have the courtesy to proofread and use the English that most of use were taught in elementary school.

It was also decently ironic.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2007, 09:33:54 AM »
If not cerebrally catatonic.

?

Spherical Earth Society Leader

• Join our Conspiracy, The Spherical Earth Society!
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2007, 10:14:04 AM »

You believe JFK was killed because he was going to tell the truth about a conspiracy of the shape of Earth?
Join my Conspiracy...(SHH!!)...The Spherical Earth Society!

Just...Don't...Tell...Anyone...

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2007, 10:30:41 AM »
Apparently.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2007, 01:21:25 PM »
You believe JFK was killed because he was going to tell the truth about a conspiracy of the shape of Earth?

JFK was a key figure in promoting funding for NASA in the late 50's. Trillions of dollars were poured into what was essentially a fruitless pursuit of space exploration. After numerous early disasters and technological failures NASA's administrators soon realized that space exploration was essentially impossible. With pressure mounting from  political, public, and militaristic sides of the spectra it was deemed necessary to abandon serious space research and create an illusion of space travel to justify its spending. NASA was pressured from all corners of the government to succeed.

Winning the space race wasn't just about getting into space, but demonstrating to the world America's technological ability to create nuclear tipped intercontinental ballistic missiles. That was the real purpose of NASA. The idea of Mutual Annihilation was key for American dominance on the global battlefield. Without the ability to send nuclear missiles into space and half way around the earth at any desired moment, America's threats would fall on deaf ears.

The white lie of the Conspiracy grew into a national security issue beyond all others. It was considered acceptable to protect the dark secret of the nation's weakness even if it meant assassinating the president himself.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 01:32:10 PM by Tom Bishop »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2007, 02:26:05 PM »

JFK was a key figure in promoting funding for NASA in the late 50's. Trillions of dollars were poured into what was essentially a fruitless pursuit of space exploration. After numerous early disasters and technological failures NASA's administrators soon realized that space exploration was essentially impossible. With pressure mounting from  political, public, and militaristic sides of the spectra it was deemed necessary to abandon serious space research and create an illusion of space travel to justify its spending. NASA was pressured from all corners of the government to succeed.

Winning the space race wasn't just about getting into space, but demonstrating to the world America's technological ability to create nuclear tipped intercontinental ballistic missiles. That was the real purpose of NASA. The idea of Mutual Annihilation was key for American dominance on the global battlefield. Without the ability to send nuclear missiles into space and half way around the earth at any desired moment, America's threats would fall on deaf ears.

The white lie of the Conspiracy grew into a national security issue beyond all others. It was considered acceptable to protect the dark secret of the nation's weakness even if it meant assassinating the president himself.
That argument is stupid.  The Soviet Union would have found out that it was impossible too.  So how is that going to scare them?
The fact is, space fight is possible.   
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2007, 02:30:59 PM »

This is an interesting but totally evidence-free fiction.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
The universe has already expanded forever

Quote from: Proverbs 24:17
Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

thesublime514

• I am the Walrus.
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2007, 02:39:25 PM »
I think it's rather stupid to call anything impossible in the first place.  The odds are that someday you're going to be proven wrong.

EDIT: Unless it's something that requires disproving something that's already proven.

A flat earth comes to mind...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 02:42:00 PM by thesublime514 »

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2007, 02:41:50 PM »
Indeed, just like I was in this thread.

Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2007, 03:21:48 PM »
No, I pointed out that his argument was incorrect.  It was not incorrect just due to grammar.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2007, 03:10:52 PM »

You've got it nailed. John F Kennedy was a cornerstone of the modern, Space-related element of the Conspiracy, but he was also a pretty decent guy. I am certain that JFK was about to blow the Conspiracy's cover once and for all.

your Scott evidence is nothing but innuendo as far a FE cover-up is concerned.

If you have a viable explanation for Scott's post-mortem position in relation to Bowers and Wilson's perfectly sensible ones, as well as the mysterious disappearances of Oates and Evans, and the fact that Scott's journal shows all the signs of being a forgery, fire away, I'm all ears.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2007, 03:12:21 PM »
We already had that conversation. It was inconclusive.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2007, 03:12:30 PM »
Well, I guess any really good conspiracy theory should incorporate Kennedy somehow...  ::)
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2007, 03:16:55 PM »

It was only inconclusive because the Round Earth lobby utterly refused to accept a large body of evidence for his assassination and refused to drop their absurd "Bowers and Wilson stayed sane, Scott went crazy and changed his writing style and then decided to deliberately freeze to death, and was so eager to do this that he clawed his way towards the tent flap, and Oates and Evans just decided to ditch the rest of the party and go and die" theory. Seriously, which is more contrived and unlikely?

The argument in that thread was pretty damn conclusive.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2007, 03:19:05 PM »
It was Tom Bishop behind the grassy knoll.

It was only inconclusive because the Round Earth lobby utterly refused to accept a large body of conjecture backed up by very little sourced evidence for his assassination.

Fixed ;D

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2007, 03:19:56 PM »

It was only inconclusive because the Round Earth lobby utterly refused to accept a large body of evidence for his assassination and refused to drop their absurd "Bowers and Wilson stayed sane, Scott went crazy and changed his writing style and then decided to deliberately freeze to death, and was so eager to do this that he clawed his way towards the tent flap, and Oates and Evans just decided to ditch the rest of the party and go and die" theory. Seriously, which is more contrived and unlikely?

The argument in that thread was pretty damn conclusive.

There's a Round Earth lobby?   :o

Who does it consist of, exactly?  The entire country?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2007, 03:23:47 PM »
Round Earth Lobby = Everyone else in the world.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2007, 03:25:36 PM »
There's a Round Earth lobby?   :o

Who does it consist of, exactly?  The entire country?

In context, it consisted of various ear-plugging/la-la-ing Round Earth fundamentalists who utterly refused to acknowledge an otherwise convincing case, based purely on unshakeable faith in Globularism.

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2007, 03:31:17 PM »
There's a Round Earth lobby?   :o

Who does it consist of, exactly?  The entire country?

In context, it consisted of various ear-plugging/la-la-ing Round Earth fundamentalists who utterly refused to acknowledge an otherwise convincing case, based purely on unshakeable faith in Globularism.
Convincing case? Oh, I see... Based on that model where dark matter, is invisible, massless, rigid, moves about, supports planets, comets, stars (which you say are actually just planets), glow-producing, monstrously forceful to accelerate the entire Universe at 1g, monstrously huge to support stars quadrillions of miles away, and never directly detected, you've made a convincing case. Did you forget the 30+ challenges that you fail to answer?