Ice Wall Expedition

• 49 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Ice Wall Expedition
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 06:49:05 PM »
How does it keep the water in if it can allow water beneath it?

The Ice Wall is a natural formation, a thick mass of floating ice that is attached to land, formed from and fed by tongues of glaciers extending outward from deep within the uncharted tundra into sheltered waters. Where there are no strong currents, the ice becomes partly grounded on the sea bottom and attaches itself to rocks and islands. The wall is pushed forward into the sea by glacial pressure until its forward growth is terminated.

The entire coast of the Ice Wall is not one single complete wall, however. There are actually a series of thousand mile long walls, divided by Transantarctic Mountain Ranges up to 11,500 feet high. The weight of The Ice Walls are so enormous that they have literally pressed the land two thirds of a mile (one kilometer) into the earth. Under the massive forces of their own weight, the ice walls deform and drag themselves outward. Very large glaciers called ice streams flow through them continually, transporting ice from deep inland out to the sea.

thesublime514

• I am the Walrus.
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 06:51:49 PM »
How does it keep the water in if it can allow water beneath it?

The Ice Wall is a natural formation, a thick mass of floating ice that is attached to land, formed from and fed by tongues of glaciers extending outward from deep within the uncharted tundra into sheltered waters. Where there are no strong currents, the ice becomes partly grounded on the sea bottom and attaches itself to rocks and islands. The wall is pushed forward into the sea by glacial pressure until its forward growth is terminated.

The entire coast of the Ice Wall is not one single complete wall, however. There are actually a series of thousand mile long walls, divided by Transantarctic Mountain Ranges up to 11,500 feet high. The weight of The Ice Walls are so enormous that they have literally pressed the land two thirds of a mile (one kilometer) into the earth. Under the massive forces of their own weight, the ice walls deform and drag themselves outward. Very large glaciers called ice streams flow through them continually, transporting ice from deep inland out to the sea.

BULLSHIT.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »
BULLSHIT.

What are you talking about? That's how the Ice Walls form in the Round Earth model, too. ???

thesublime514

• I am the Walrus.
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 07:02:45 PM »
BULLSHIT.

What are you talking about? That's how the Ice Walls form in the Round Earth model, too. ???
I may or may not have actually read what you said.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 07:05:41 PM by thesublime514 »

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 08:25:21 PM »
Right on Brother!

I read it and it's his usual pasted driven about the formation of the Ice Wall (which I am not denying is true Tom, so no excuse here to go off topic)
I'm so tempted to put a scratch and sniff at the bottom of a pool and see what you do...

Avert your eyes, this is too awesome for them...

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2007, 03:27:20 AM »
The FAQ isn't some kind of Bible, and it's plain wrong about the Ice Wall. The Ice Wall is necessarily tens of thousands of feet high.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2007, 06:30:50 AM »
The FAQ isn't some kind of Bible, and it's plain wrong about the Ice Wall. The Ice Wall is necessarily tens of thousands of feet high.
Once again FES can't keep their story straight. If we point out the atmosphere would leak away, the Ice Wall grows to ten of thousands of feet high. If we point out that you should be able to see the Ice Wall, it shrinks to 150 feet tall.

If you know that FAQ are wrong, why don't you correct it? Until then, we'll have to stick to what you publish in the FAQ first. Other threads should only augment the FAQ until FES settles on the new material. Once the thread is stable, then the new material should be moved to the FAQ.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2007, 06:38:51 AM »
Edge of the world: http://uwamrc.ssec.wisc.edu/images/gallery/B15Aedge.jpg
TomB, I give 60 minutes to remove all and any references to the work of AMRC in support of your claim. Otherwise, I will contact them, providing your name, address and telephone number and a reference to your lie about their work. I'll support them, legally and financially, in serious legal action against you to stop your illegal and immoral actions.

The clock is ticking.
You are walking a fine line here Gulliver. 
Tell me why.
If you wish to continue to post here, you will refrain from threatening people.  This is the second time you have done something like this and it will not be tolerated on this site.  You can continue this somewhere else if you feel so inclined.

Yeah Engy! You use those mod powers!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2007, 08:47:55 AM »
BULLSHIT.

No most of it is still bullshit.  The ice doesnt cause the earth to sink in 1 kilometer. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2007, 08:54:54 AM »
BULLSHIT.

No most of it is still bullshit.  The ice doesnt cause the earth to sink in 1 kilometer. 
Sorry, but TomB has this fact correct. Please reference: http://www.asoc.org/general/iceshelve.htm to read: "The weight of Antarctica's ice is so enormous that it has literally pressed the continent two thirds of a mile (one kilometer) into the earth."

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2007, 09:32:25 AM »
Yes, it is true, and he copied it from that site most likely.

Also, I see no reason to disbelieve an icewall that has a 150 ft tall area, and than a few hundred miles back has a wall that is many tens of thousands of feet tall.

Just throwing that out there for other people to discuss.
I'm so tempted to put a scratch and sniff at the bottom of a pool and see what you do...

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2007, 09:37:43 AM »
The fact of the matter is, te ice wall would hav to be taller than the Ross ice shelf. But can anyone find a way to prove that this wall exists? No. I'm sorry, it is possible to observe that Antarctica is a continent. I assume the wall is somewhere else?

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2007, 09:43:28 AM »
It has been well established that the Ross Ice SHelf is not the Ice Wall.

I was also making the point that if the Ice Wall did exist than there might be two (Refer to earlier post)

DISCLAIMER: I am an RE'er, not FE'er, so don't bite my head off.

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2007, 09:46:44 AM »
Sorry, didn't see the post before your previous one. You may be right, perhaps the wall could be short at our 'edge', but extend like the stands of a stadium many miles out?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2007, 09:56:01 AM »
I see.  I should of known he was right, he copied it word for word.  He copies almost everything.   

Quote from: Tom and Gulliver's link
The weight of Antarctica's ice is so enormous that it has literally pressed the continent two thirds of a mile (one kilometer) into the earth. Under the massive forces of their own weight, the ice sheets deform and drag themselves outward. Very large glaciers called ice streams flow through them continually, transporting ice from the center of the continent to the sea.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 11:51:37 AM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2007, 12:07:51 PM »
Once again FES can't keep their story straight. If we point out the atmosphere would leak away, the Ice Wall grows to ten of thousands of feet high. If we point out that you should be able to see the Ice Wall, it shrinks to 150 feet tall.

Stop treating FES like a single person. I, Dogplatter, have ALWAYS maintained that the Ice Wall is thousands of feet high. I have not "changed my story" as you like suggesting, I, and others, just disagree with certain elements of this site (Tom Bishop on the issue of the Ice Wall, for example).

If you know that FAQ are wrong, why don't you correct it? Until then, we'll have to stick to what you publish in the FAQ first. Other threads should only augment the FAQ until FES settles on the new material. Once the thread is stable, then the new material should be moved to the FAQ.

When did it become your responsibility to govern how the Flat Earth Society (of which you necessarily are not a proponent) runs their forum?
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2007, 12:10:52 PM »
Well, it would seem to be the logical way to go about things here...  A group called "The Flat Earth Society" should have a coherent, unconflicting line of belief to hang everything off of.  This forum is a fragmented mess and you all do a terrible job of getting your point across.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2007, 12:41:04 PM »
Its true, the FAQ is full of crap. But maybe PM a moderator and suggest it be rewritten, instead of posting a rude reply?

?

Spherical Earth Society Leader

• Join our Conspiracy, The Spherical Earth Society!
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2007, 07:59:52 AM »
2 Things:

1. Duncan, you said "they" crossed the Atlantic in 1492. Correct, but we also have evidence that supports the fact that Leif Ericson crossed the Atlantic into Canada and modern Northern USA. Not a big deal, just wanted to sort that out.

2. Tom Bishop, can I ask how you got that picture? Obviously that picture is taken from an airplane or helicoptor. The guards at the Ice Wall would have shot that plane down and the pictures retrieved and destroyed. Just, how did you get it?
Join my Conspiracy...(SHH!!)...The Spherical Earth Society!

Just...Don't...Tell...Anyone...

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2007, 03:33:40 PM »
He got a big robot arm and stuck it out of his window and took the picture while copying and pasting his responses...