The Almighty Sun

• 122 Replies

thesublime514

• I am the Walrus.
The Almighty Sun
« on: June 05, 2007, 08:10:41 PM »
Hooray, more discussion! It was getting boring there for a while..

Okay, so I know that the FE sun is very small, and it revolves around some invisible thing up in the sky, but how exactly does it work?  Is it a disk, or more of a ball? Does just the bottom shine, or do the sides shine as well?  It seems that a lot of this talk about how the sun goes off onto the horizon is too vague since I don't fully understand the FE sun itself.  Diagrams are appreciated; telling me to read a book is not.

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
Re: The Almighty Sun
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 08:08:04 AM »
The sun is a an object denser than earth and is in equilibrium above the earth surface. The circular motions are the effects of residual momentum, it does not orbit anything. As the sun moves into the tangential distance, it appears to dip below the horizon(for more information use the search). The sun is nearly spherical, with a flat surface on its underside. This flattened surface is the affect of the force against the UA. It is possible that the top side is flattened as well, due to the same force. The heat that comes from the sun is caused by the reflection of heat from the earth, since we know all heat comes from beneath us. The top of the sun would be quite cool.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 08:45:48 AM »
The sun is messed up, end of story.

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 08:53:28 AM »
What, then, is the mechanism that fuels this alleged dense matter 3000 miles above the Earth.
I'm so tempted to put a scratch and sniff at the bottom of a pool and see what you do...

Avert your eyes, this is too awesome for them...

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 09:02:59 AM »
How can something have residual momentum and keep going in a circle? Narcberry you're not on song today. You need to go study your bastardisation books a little more.

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 09:26:30 AM »
The sun is a an object denser than earth and is in equilibrium above the earth surface. The circular motions are the effects of residual momentum, it does not orbit anything. As the sun moves into the tangential distance, it appears to dip below the horizon(for more information use the search). The sun is nearly spherical, with a flat surface on its underside. This flattened surface is the affect of the force against the UA. It is possible that the top side is flattened as well, due to the same force. The heat that comes from the sun is caused by the reflection of heat from the earth, since we know all heat comes from beneath us. The top of the sun would be quite cool.
Then, pray tell us: what is the source of the force that accelerates the Sun, both upwards (to escape the accelerated FE) and horizontally (as it moves Northward then Southward with the seasons)? It looks to me like RE wins this round with a more predictive, and simpler, explanation.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 09:30:50 AM »
..is in equilibrium above the earth surface...
STRIKE ONE

The circular motions are the effects of residual momentum...
STRIKE TWO

The heat that comes from the sun is caused by the reflection of heat from the earth
YOU'RE OUTTA HEREEEEEE!!!!
Quote from: Tom Bishop
The universe has already expanded forever

Quote from: Proverbs 24:17
Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 09:32:15 AM »
Pffft. It was clearly LBW.

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 10:26:02 AM »
What, then, is the mechanism that fuels this alleged dense matter 3000 miles above the Earth.

The same force that accelerates the earth. The UA.

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 10:34:46 AM »

The same force that accelerates the earth. The UA.
Evidence?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 10:36:59 AM »
Evidence?

For indisputable proof of UA simply hold a pen high in the air and release it from your hand. Do you see acceleration?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 10:38:46 AM »
For indisputable proof of UA simply hold a pen high in the air and release it from your hand. Do you see acceleration?

I see indisputable proof of gravitation by some means, not just UA, ya tit.

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 10:39:28 AM »
Evidence?

For indisputable proof of UA simply hold a pen high in the air and release your hand. Do you see acceleration?
Excuse me. Can you read? The challenged claim was that the UA fuels the Sun. Your post was irrelevant, again!

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 10:42:11 AM »

Acceleration is gravitation. Open a book.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 10:44:01 AM »

yes, but that doesn't instantly add up to UA ::)

that's like saying "It's hot in here, I must have left the oven on" yes the oven is one explaination but it could also be sunny or left the central heating on, or a fire

?

Bushido

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 10:46:34 AM »

Okay, so I know that the FE sun is very small, and it revolves around some invisible thing up in the sky, but how exactly does it work?  Is it a disk, or more of a ball? Does just the bottom shine, or do the sides shine as well?  It seems that a lot of this talk about how the sun goes off onto the horizon is too vague since I don't fully understand the FE sun itself.  Diagrams are appreciated; telling me to read a book is not.

How can they know?

thesublime514

• I am the Walrus.
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 11:12:31 AM »
Evidence?

So what would happen if I were to hold a sun high in the air and release if from my hand?

How can they know?
They seem to know lots of other things they can't prove.  I just want their explanation.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 11:15:06 AM »
So what would happen if I were to hold a sun high in the air and release if from my hand?

Genius...

Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

?

Bushido

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 11:15:49 AM »
narcberry was the first to answer. That shoul be sufficient for you.

thesublime514

• I am the Walrus.
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 11:17:26 AM »

Genius...

Bahahaha

?

trig

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 11:22:53 AM »

Somebody somewhere came up with this "acceleration is gravitation" or "gravitation is acceleration" junk and now every amateur physicist in the forum decided that it is true!

Open a book? What book? A physics book or a book of analogies?

I already challenged TheEngineer to come up with any book whatsoever with those three words and never got an answer. Wonder why?

Physics arguments without the correct context and precision in concepts is just garbage.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 11:26:54 AM »

Somebody somewhere came up with this "acceleration is gravitation" or "gravitation is acceleration" junk and now every amateur physicist in the forum decided that it is true!

I already challenged TheEngineer to come up with any book whatsoever with those three words and never got an answer. Wonder why?

Physics arguments without the correct context and precision in concepts is just garbage.
Agreed. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Mind Forged Manacles

• Only A Paper Moon
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 11:34:23 AM »
Dr Samuel Birley Rowbotham has this to say on the matter of the Sun's movements:

"If it is asked why it traverses such a peculiarly concentric path, no practical answer can be given, and no theory or speculation can be tolerated. At no distant period perhaps, we may have collected sufficient matter-of-fact evidence to enable us to understand it; but until that occurs, the Zetetic process only permits us to say:--"The peculiar motion is visible to us, but, of the cause, at present we are ignorant."

Unlike the dreamers tucked away in dusty offices that invent our modern science, Dr Rowbotham admits that there was at the time little that a true zetetic could do to explain the Sun's motion. My theory is that the Sun is being affected by the UA force which keeps it accelerating just as the Earth is. The reason we on Earth don't feel this force is that the Earth 'shields' us from the UA, preventing it acting on us. This shield extends upwards and thins, like this diagram of the RE Earth's magnetosphere:

Until, at the Sun's altitude, it virtually disappears.

It is also not so unlikely that fluctuations in the UA cause the sun to trace the strange path that Dr Rowbotham describes after studying the Sun for nearly twenty-five years.
Quote from: Charles K Johnson
The Space Shuttle is a joke—and a very ludicrous joke

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 11:38:16 AM »
Thanks for the insight, Tom.   ::)
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Mind Forged Manacles

• Only A Paper Moon
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 11:39:40 AM »
I am not Tom Bishop. We are different in a number of ways, for example Tom is, I gather, an atheist. I, on the other hand, have believed in the one true God since I was a teenager.

thesublime514

• I am the Walrus.
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 11:40:24 AM »

Agreed. 
Thirded.

And look!  Seven results! (One of which is from this site):

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 11:44:12 AM »
Check that shit out!

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 11:45:07 AM »
Hahaha! Result!

?

Mind Forged Manacles

• Only A Paper Moon
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 11:45:10 AM »
A Google search is good evidence after all  ::)

thesublime514

• I am the Walrus.
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 11:50:04 AM »
A Google search is good evidence after all  ::)

Don't you think it would be mentioned somewhere on the interwebs other than just blags and forums if it was such a true statement?