Experiment #8

• 5 Replies

thesublime514

• I am the Walrus.
Experiment #8
« on: June 03, 2007, 09:46:14 AM »
Here's a link: http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za13.htm

This experiment proposes that if the Earth were round, then the horizon when looking out onto the ocean would be curved?  I was taking your references of this book as some kind of evidence for a flat Earth, but honestly?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: Experiment #8
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 09:50:56 AM »
Here's a link: http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za13.htm

This experiment proposes that if the Earth were round, then the horizon when looking out onto the ocean would be curved?  I was taking your references of this book as some kind of evidence for a flat Earth, but honestly?
Theres a few experiments like that, both in Earth Not a Globe and 100 proofs Earth is not a globe.
They take some random statment that they know is false and then claim it would be true if the world was round. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

thesublime514

• I am the Walrus.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »
Why am I wasting my time here?  Agh.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 10:45:42 AM »
I was about to ask you the same question...

;D Kidding
Quote from: Tom Bishop
The universe has already expanded forever

Quote from: Proverbs 24:17
Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 10:47:12 AM »
Spam in the off-topic sections, get post-count up, come back here one day and laugh at the noobs asking about circumnavigation and gravity.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 12:35:25 PM »
Looking to the horizon is the worst way to prove anything. For one, there is this thing called perception. If we went off that every time, we'd all be toting Criss Angel as the messiah.

Outside of that, there are these other things that affect terrain, and that's elevation and the perception of those contours.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good