The Ice Wall, and Hawaii & Easter Island

• 32 Replies
The Ice Wall, and Hawaii & Easter Island
« on: June 02, 2007, 03:59:25 AM »
I can see how it's possible to get the wrong idea about the north and south polar areas, even tho' you haven't tried to go there at all so therefore haven't actually seen it with your own eyes, but still come to conclusions such as there is some wall of ice encasing the flat Earth.....

but that is only two 'sides' of the sphere accounted for.

How do you account for the Pacific ocean? If you think the Earth is flat, do you just throw anything that doesn't fit that belief into the 'conspiracy' bag - including Hawaii and Easter Island?

So far all I've seen at this forum is the usual brattish inability to deal with things - ignore any sensible questioning, pretend it doesn't exist, and use only alternate idiot-sock-puppet-accounts to respond in petulant-child mode.

Perhaps I have missed your maps for example? Can someone provide me with your version of how the world is laid out in some kind of map form, and a representation of what you claim the Earth looks like from outer space - including the Sun and the Moon, and even the planets also.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: The Ice Wall, and Hawaii & Easter Island
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 04:03:28 AM »
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=1264&start=16

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=3500

Those were linked in the FAQ. I know Chris Spaghetti did some as well but I can't find them at the moment, try using search.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 04:13:50 AM »
How many sides does a sphere have?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 04:33:05 AM »
He did put the sides in single quotation marks Kasroa..and I knew you'd come back!
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 04:58:31 AM »
So where did you go exactly if you're still here?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 08:31:38 AM »
Hawaii and Easter Island do not exist.  They were fabricated by the conspiracy.

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 10:13:41 AM »
God I hope thats a joke. You deserve no respect for believing that Hawaii doesn't exist. I know people in Hawaii ^^

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 11:38:46 AM »
I can see how it's possible to get the wrong idea about the north and south polar areas, even tho' you haven't tried to go there at all so therefore haven't actually seen it with your own eyes, but still come to conclusions such as there is some wall of ice encasing the flat Earth.....

but that is only two 'sides' of the sphere accounted for.

How do you account for the Pacific ocean? If you think the Earth is flat, do you just throw anything that doesn't fit that belief into the 'conspiracy' bag - including Hawaii and Easter Island?

So far all I've seen at this forum is the usual brattish inability to deal with things - ignore any sensible questioning, pretend it doesn't exist, and use only alternate idiot-sock-puppet-accounts to respond in petulant-child mode.

Perhaps I have missed your maps for example? Can someone provide me with your version of how the world is laid out in some kind of map form, and a representation of what you claim the Earth looks like from outer space - including the Sun and the Moon, and even the planets also.

I totally agree with everything you just said.  When a question comes that they cant answer, "Oh its a conspiracy" or "Read our FAQ".  Your FAQ is rediculous you dont even answer half the questions in it.   

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 11:56:24 AM »
God I hope thats a joke. You deserve no respect for believing that Hawaii doesn't exist. I know people in Hawaii ^^
they're part of the conspiracy, they're fooling you.

same for Australia

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 01:19:05 PM »

same for Australia
Let me point out that from a scientific point of view, every time, FE needs to invoke its conspiracy answer, it loses the point whenever RE predicts the outcome. We go with the simpler explanation when both theories make the same prediction.

Here, the outcome of the experiment is clear. The horizon appears to be an arc of a circle. FE does not predict that (well, unless you buy some unsupported claim by the likes of TomB). FE instead invokes "conspiracy" to match the outcome. It then loses, and our confidence in the other theory rises.

For this reason, I recommend that REers consider the battle won if 1) The observation is documented and repeated, 2) RE predicts the outcome, especially if it does so with supporting mathematics, and 3) FE invokes "conspiracy".

I have to take a moment to point out how complex this conspiracy must be. While flying at a significant height, you see the curvature of the Earth. You take a photograph that verifies your observation. You get three volunteers to sign off, providing name and address, to verify the observation. #1 is satisfied. Since we have the mathematics (I think it's even in EnaG.) to confirm that shape, #2 is satisfied. Now let's say the FEers finally decide to accept the observation (and that might not be easy). Now to explain it the invoke conspiracy, so #3 is satisfied and the REers can go on to the next difference in predictive value between the theories.

But look how wild the conspiracy theory must be in this case. Since you might fly at any time and since you might encounter good weather during any part of the trip and since you're looking out a window, the conspiracy must project coordinated holographic movies over each passenger window of all planes. (It must be coordinated because two travelers may see each other's plane or approximately the same view at the same time.) (It must be holographic since the viewer can get view various angles to verify that it's not a simple projection.)

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 01:22:46 PM »

same for Australia
But look how wild the conspiracy theory must be in this case. Since you might fly at any time and since you might encounter good weather during any part of the trip and since you're looking out a window, the conspiracy must project coordinated holographic movies over each passenger window of all planes. (It must be coordinated because two travelers may see each other's plane or approximately the same view at the same time.) (It must be holographic since the viewer can get view various angles to verify that it's not a simple projection.)
oh my god. That's like so crossing the line, that's crap

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 01:31:25 PM »
I totally agree with everything you just said.  When a question comes that they cant answer, "Oh its a conspiracy" or "Read our FAQ".  Your FAQ is rediculous you dont even answer half the questions in it.   

It's very 'rediculous'...

You can't expect something in its infancy to be able to hold up to every question. And I'm confused with the OP, because where does it say anywhere that Hawaii, Easter Island or the Pacific Ocean don't exist in an FE? Can someone show me?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 01:42:29 PM »
Let me get this straight; Austrailia (presumeably New Zealand as well), Hawaii, Easter Island... do not exist? Or are part of the ice wall? However you look at  it, they are real, in one case they are a large country where Britain dumped a load of criminals a century or more ago. There is no way you can seriously think they aren't real. That's not a matter of faith in your ideals, that's stupidity.

Although it is rather convenient that a massive telescope array on Hawaii therefore cannot exist.

This conspiracy theory has gone far enough now. Grow up.

Glaswegia

• The universe is simple; the explanation... isn't.
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 04:40:39 PM »

I believe this to be a joke... you gullible lot  :P
In Soviet Russia, Signatures Write You!

The Flat Earth Society does not endorse anything said by Tom Bishop.  In fact, just about everything he says is stupid.

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 05:03:33 PM »

Right missing islands... a joke.
Yes, just like missing Antarctica.
Oh, wait, that's an entire continent.
Oh, wait, FE says that one doesn't exist.
(And you call us gullible?)

Some other FE "jokes":
1) The Sun is held up by the photoelectric effect.
2) The Moon is held up by the photoelectric effect.
3) The horizon isn't rounded when viewed from a great height.
4) The Lunar landings were faked.
5) GPS doesn't use satellites.
6) There are jet streams in both directions at over 200 MPH in the Southern Hemidisk.
7) The midnight sun doesn't happen in Antarctica.
8) When traveling we're fooled into believing that we arrived at our destination.
9) Gyrocompasses don't work.
10) It's just your imagination that the stars appear to revolve around both poles.
11) Earthquakes (or sloshing) causes the two high and the two low tides each day.
12) Polaris is readily visible from the Southern Hemidisk.
13) The sun sets because of its distance, not that it drops below the horizon.
14) Ships don't disappear hull first as the sail away towards the horizon from port.

I could go on, but I suspect no one is laughing.

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 05:11:25 PM »
[img]http://www.forumspile.com/LOL-Bee.jpg[img]

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 05:14:36 PM »
That's some good spamming there, keep it up!
Quote from: Tom Bishop
The universe has already expanded forever

Quote from: Proverbs 24:17
Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 05:16:31 PM »
Some other FE "jokes":

1) Haven't read their theories about these two, but I imagine you're misrepresenting what they've said.
2) ^
3) And I'm sure you think Criss Angel is really levitating because that's what it looks like.
4) This has nothing to do with FE.
5) This they've actually said, no argument there.
6) That's one of Tom's idiotic assertions, not FE.
7) Didn't pay attention to those arguments.
8) This makes no sense.
9) Not sure where they said that.
10) Just as much imagination as some cool force called gravity that holds us down on a spherical Earth.

As for the rest, I'm sure you're stretching it. I definitely wasn't laughing, as people always tend to misrepresent theories to make them sound worse than they are. Not trying to piss you off, just getting back to my 'accurate' thing.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 05:19:35 PM »

Glaswegia

• The universe is simple; the explanation... isn't.
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 05:22:23 PM »

Some other FE "jokes":
6) There are jet streams in both directions at over 200 MPH in the Southern Hemidisk.
8) When traveling we're fooled into believing that we arrived at our destination.
10) It's just your imagination that the stars appear to revolve around both poles.
11) Earthquakes (or sloshing) causes the two high and the two low tides each day.
14) Ships don't disappear hull first as the sail away towards the horizon from port.

erm im a RE'r and I meant...
"Hawaii and Easter Island do not exist.  They were fabricated by the conspiracy."
Was a joke, a pisstake if you will... not to be taken seriously.
In Soviet Russia, Signatures Write You!

The Flat Earth Society does not endorse anything said by Tom Bishop.  In fact, just about everything he says is stupid.

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 08:01:27 PM »

Some other FE "jokes":
8 ) When traveling we're fooled into believing that we arrived at our destination.

"Hawaii and Easter Island do not exist.  They were fabricated by the conspiracy."

I really understood your intent. I just thought it was time to list all the "jokes" in FE. We have that list of 30+ experiments that show RE > FE. I just thought we should start compiling a list of FE rebuttals that don't work well at all. I'm convinced that if the REers here organize these items, we'll help to foster scientific analysis for many young minds.

The telescope purchase is one way I hope we can make a difference. (BTW, I ordered the CCD imaginer that fits on the telescope and sends hundreds of pictures to a laptop for analysis. It's a cool-looking program. I also ordered filters, books, and lens. I've also allocated a laptop and a long ethernet cable for the telescope.) (Roundy... I know you don't care.)

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 08:54:11 PM »

Some other FE "jokes":

Its hard to tell whats a joke and what isnt on this site.  Seeing how everything is a huge joke to me and 6billion other people

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2007, 01:41:13 AM »

It's very 'rediculous'...

You can't expect something in its infancy to be able to hold up to every question. And I'm confused with the OP, because where does it say anywhere that Hawaii, Easter Island or the Pacific Ocean don't exist in an FE? Can someone show me?

I was wondering that too, cant remember anyone saying they didnt exist

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2007, 07:24:32 AM »
Phew. For a minute there I was actually thinking you guys were all idiots.

Although on the subject of jokes, where's Bishop lately?

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2007, 07:53:03 AM »
Interesting map. So you believe in a discworld model.

How is there ice around the edges? What I mean is, why is the outer of the disc colder that the inner?

And - that should be extremely easy to prove conclusively, just do tours by plane or boat (or both) and take people there. Show them that you cannot cross the Pacifc ocean. Just do plane tours to the edges, those would only be long-haul flights.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 09:52:18 AM »
We're not kidding about invented islands.

The conspiracy hires a huge amount of people to fool us.  It is the single deadliest organization in history.

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 02:22:55 PM »
Let's say you're being serious: you lost what little respect you had.

Keep to the joke- its funny and Australians wion't get pissed. Lol, what if there are Australian FEers?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 04:16:58 AM »
There aren't.  They are all conspiracy agents.

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2007, 09:37:48 AM »
The telescope purchase is one way I hope we can make a difference. (BTW, I ordered the CCD imaginer that fits on the telescope and sends hundreds of pictures to a laptop for analysis. It's a cool-looking program. I also ordered filters, books, and lens. I've also allocated a laptop and a long ethernet cable for the telescope.) (Roundy... I know you don't care.)
FedEx just dropped off the telescope. The camera arrived two days ago. I'll try to set it up this weekend. I'm pretty sure that I won't finish every thing to allow remote control and viewing for a couple of weeks yet. Watch for further announcements.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 09:46:24 AM »
The conspiracy will launch a missile at your experiment site and blow everything up.