Universal Acceleration 101

• 313 Replies

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
Re: Universal Acceleration 101
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 08:36:48 AM »
Birds and shizzle are easy to keep in the air, it's the sun and stars and moon that intrigue me, I wanna learn more about his photoelectric theorem

?

evangelical (not)

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2007, 06:55:38 PM »
im guesing (i can't spell) that since you people beleive in this crap, that you are also evangelical christians, or have been brainwashed by your parents. I read EARTH NOT A GLOBE by what's his name, and i can prove that he messed up. What's his name made flags that are at an equal distance from each other. the farthest flag is six miles away. since he could see all of them at the same height, the world isn't round. This is where he messed up. Since the earth is so damn big, it is very hard, (almost impossible,) that the land is curving from six miles away. you have to go A LOT farther in order to tell. if the flahs were a lot farther, Then you could tell. Please leave a comment.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2007, 06:56:42 PM »
24 feet is not noticeable?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 06:56:58 PM »
Comment: You are an idiot. The end.

P.S. I like your shirt
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

evangelical (not)

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 07:00:17 PM »
Comment: You are an idiot. The end.

P.S. I like your shirt
who's an idiot?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2007, 07:01:16 PM »
Jim Davidson
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

evangelical (not)

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2007, 07:07:47 PM »
Who's that?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2007, 07:10:09 PM »
Your mum.

Don't come to these boards being an idiot. Think before you post. Or in your case, just don't post.

?

evangelical (not)

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 07:20:02 PM »
just provin a point. i didnt say ya had to beleive me

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 08:36:46 PM »
just provin a point. i didnt say ya had to beleive me
Well?  How about replying to the response to your question?

-- Bob Hudson

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 10:22:12 AM »
I hate to say it, but either the UA is accelerating both the FE and the moon/sun, or it is doing neither. It can't be doing one or the other.

That is simply not the case. The UA is accelerating the FE because the FE is sitting on it, like a pancake sitting on a fast-moving pan (in space). The UA cannot be directly accelerating the sun and moon - some other force has to be holding them in the air (I and others hypothesise photoelectric effect). Of course, since they are elevated in relation to the Earth itself, they could be said to be indirectly affected by the UA since the UA pushes the Earth and photoelectric effect pushes them IN RELATION to the Earth. The UA on its own cannot affect things it is not in contact with.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 10:22:58 AM »
NOTE: I'm going to start editing the questions and answers posed in this thread into the original post in order to create a UA FAQ of sorts.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007, 10:33:26 AM »
Birds and shizzle are easy to keep in the air, it's the sun and stars and moon that intrigue me, I wanna learn more about his photoelectric theorem

I'm desperately trying to get one of the admins to sort out the thread on this. None of them seem to be particularly active, but I'll post it here as soon as the thread's back up.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2007, 04:39:29 AM »
can't you just explain the photoelectric theorem?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2007, 11:46:37 AM »
can't you just explain the photoelectric theorem?

No, it's longwinded and I'd probably screw up the maths which is involved.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2007, 11:49:43 AM »
When will you learn the photoelectric effect cannot hold the sun and moon up. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Marinade

• FE is for laughing at... not with.
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2007, 05:43:16 PM »
That's what I was thinking. The photoelectric effect is when electrons are emitted from a substance (usually metallic, doesn't have to be very short wavelengths work for some other materials) because that substance has been exposed to an electromagnetic wave. Can you explain to me how this makes the sun and moon accelerate in accordance with the FE? I am actually curious because how you passed if off before makes me think you can't. If you can't then I suppose you'll have to work more on the theory.

Also kinereoj has given quite the nice rebuttal to the UA theory here:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=11295.0

Any thoughts on this?
Haha Tom is so funny. He can't be serious, no one is that stubborn or dumb.

thesublime514

• I am the Walrus.
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2007, 09:01:19 PM »
That's what I was thinking. The photoelectric effect is when electrons are emitted from a substance (usually metallic, doesn't have to be very short wavelengths work for some other materials) because that substance has been exposed to an electromagnetic wave. Can you explain to me how this makes the sun and moon accelerate in accordance with the FE? I am actually curious because how you passed if off before makes me think you can't. If you can't then I suppose you'll have to work more on the theory.

Also kinereoj has given quite the nice rebuttal to the UA theory here:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=11295.0

Any thoughts on this?

Of course not. That would require intelligence... or at least some better rhetoric to fool us.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2007, 09:54:22 PM »
The photoelectric effect would be the catalyst for an electromagnetic repulsion.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2007, 10:30:48 PM »
The photoelectric effect would be the catalyst for an electromagnetic repulsion.
Really? Can you explain how neutral photons of random polarization can do that, please? Do you have any math to support that two 32-mile-wide objects can be held aloft by this catalyst? (Since we see that FEers refuse our suggestion that they meant radiation pressure, I left out the momentum of the photon, of course.)

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2007, 12:36:13 AM »
No, Dogplatter does not mean radiation pressure.  What about photons doing what?   Do you need an explanation for how the photoelectric effect works?  'Cause there are many writeups online you can reference.  Now, why would I have math to support this model?

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2007, 12:46:27 AM »
No, Dogplatter does not mean radiation pressure.  What about photons doing what?   Do you need an explanation for how the photoelectric effect works?  'Cause there are many writeups online you can reference.  Now, why would I have math to support this model?
You should be enough of an engineer to back up your claims with math. I need an explanation of the claim you made that "the photoelectric effect would be the catalyst for an electromagnetic repulsion.", especially in light of the properties of the photon that I mentioned. Of course, it could be that you're making things up.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2007, 01:01:05 AM »
You should be enough of an engineer to back up your claims with math.
I've made no claims.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2007, 01:09:27 AM »
You should be enough of an engineer to back up your claims with math.
I've made no claims.

This is a claim:
You didn't say, "in FE". You didn't say, "I don't believe". You stated that an effect would be a catalyst. That is your claim.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2007, 01:12:33 AM »
Yet, I've already stated that this is Dogplatter's model, and one I don't subscribe to.  It's even in this very thread.

There is still room for you to join Sokarul in that remedial reading class.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2007, 01:17:25 AM »
Yet, I've already stated that this is Dogplatter's model, and one I don't subscribe to.  It's even in this very thread.

There is still room for you to join Sokarul in that remedial reading class.
How convenient... You can make any claim you want, stir up the pot, and then escape by saying, "Oh, I don't believe it." anytime the urge suits you. You made a claim. Is it true or not? If not, then correct it. If it is, then back it up.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2007, 01:27:52 AM »
Once again, I didn't make any claim.  This thread is about Dogplatter's UA theory.  That's what is being discussed within.  I can answer questions and clear misunderstandings about that model without believing in it. 

By the way, there is an 'X' in the upper right corner of your browser.  Feel free to use it if you don't like how things are done on this forum. 

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2007, 01:30:02 AM »
Once again, I didn't make any claim.  This thread is about Dogplatter's UA theory.  That's what is being discussed within.  I can answer questions and clear misunderstandings about that model without believing in it. 

By the way, there is an 'X' in the upper right corner of your browser.  Feel free to use it if you don't like how things are done on this forum. 
Tell us is the following statement you made true and defensible?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2007, 01:31:56 AM »

Tell us is the following statement you made true and defensible?

Yes.  In Dogplatter's model, the photoelectric effect would be the catalyst for an electromagnetic repulsion.

-- Bob Hudson

?

Marinade

• FE is for laughing at... not with.
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2007, 01:33:10 AM »
Can you explain why? or do we need to wait for Dogplatter for that?
Haha Tom is so funny. He can't be serious, no one is that stubborn or dumb.