Would like help about laptop problem

• 6 Replies
Would like help about laptop problem
« on: May 17, 2007, 11:20:27 AM »
i recently got a brand new toshiba laptop with vista already installed on it.
sometimes whem i am not touching the touchpad or even the keyboard, it clicks on things on the screen.
it is slightly annoying, can anyone help me?
Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
Re: Would like help about laptop problem
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 12:08:12 PM »
Use a mouse.

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 04:31:25 PM »
i recently got a brand new toshiba laptop with vista already installed on it.
sometimes whem i am not touching the touchpad or even the keyboard, it clicks on things on the screen.
it is slightly annoying, can anyone help me?
Software solution: Right click on "Computer" icon in the start menu and click properties, locate the device manager, find the human interface device driver for the touchpad/keyboard nipple/whatever the fuck pointing device is built into the laptop and right click on it then click disable. Plugin a decent usb mouse/tracker ball/touch pad.

Physical solution: Get the technical manual for that specific model of Toshiba laptop, referring to the manual remove the keyboard and then locate the ribbon that connects the touchpad/keyboard nipple/whatever the fuck pointing device is built into the laptop and the laptop's motherboard. Plugin a decent usb mouse/tracker ball/touch pad.

Easiest Solution: Since it's new, take it back saying it's fucked and get it replaced.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 12:08:16 AM »
And get rid of Vista ;)

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 05:05:07 AM »
Thank you, i was getting a mouse anyway.
Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 07:05:08 AM »
And get rid of Vista ;)

Vista is not too bad.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 12:17:05 PM »
And get rid of Vista ;)

Vista is not too bad.

Say this then when you try to install some random item and it goes away. I was recently working on a college student's "new" machine which had come with Vista embedded as the OS. They had installed a game, called "Bejeweled Deluxe" on their machine, and, ever since, Vista refuses to allow them to copy any files onto their machine that were not there when Vista was installed. Being that I have tech experience (over a decade) I attempted to do what I could to resolve the issue. It ended up with me on the phone to Redmond, and was basically told "ixnay on that application".

Bejeweled started as a flash-game, and ended up as shareware. It uses less system resources than RECYCLE BIN, and is about the size of MS PAINT. It has no adware, malware, nor does it do anything with system files. It simply copies its install into a folder, makes a shortcut. That is it. Yet Vista went batsignal on it. I find this suspect.

So yes, Vista is too bad. Anything that restricts an end-user because "we're not thrilled with them using that" is a precedent that people of my generation will fight to the FUCKING END.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 12:20:06 PM by Midnight »
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.