The Exploding Sun

• 17 Replies
?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
The Exploding Sun
« on: May 16, 2007, 04:01:08 PM »
Just another question that's been brought up but never answered:

Why doesn't the sun explode? In fact, why does the sun remain a coherent mass at all?

The reasoning behind asking this question is that the sun clearly gives out energy, and has been for thousands and millions of years. This energy must come from somewhere, and the answer that most FEers give is that it is some form of fusion. This energetic process would blast the sun apart instantly (even if it somehow got started in such a small object).

Some FEers (Tom) argue that the sun must be ultra-dense, and accepting that mass causes gravitation in some cases, give this very high density and therefore high mass as the source of the sun's gravity. My answer to this is what, then, is the sun made of and why has it not pulled all other celestial bodies (also blessed with non-universal spacetime-bending abilities) into one location? Why do the stars not orbit the sun?

The sun is only 32km wide (Tom says 10km...well he should, given a distance of 700 miles and angular size of 0.52 degrees), so where does all this energy and light come from? Why does it emit hydrogen and helium spectra when these materials could not possibly constitute it (as light gases there would be no reason for them to coalesce in such a small amount in this way)?

I await FE answers with great anticipation, REers please keep question-adding and spamming to a minimum as I like this argument  ;D
Quote from: Tom Bishop
The universe has already expanded forever

Quote from: Proverbs 24:17
Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

Re: The Exploding Sun
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 06:48:36 PM »
Gravitation by mass exists, but according to Engy Baby the earth is made from anti-gravitional dirt.
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 06:49:41 PM »
Yeah, but the gravitation isn't strong enough to hold it together.

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 07:09:41 PM »
Using the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram if you compare the sun of the FE to that diagram it falls under the category of white dwarf. (A small dwarf but still a dwarf) And white dwarfs are of course super-dense stars. As an example of how dense they are a white dwarf the size of a school textbook would likely wiegh about 10,000 tons. The combination of incredible mass and rapid rotation. So there fore the sun wouldn't explode.

As for your question about the sun giving of energy. White dwarfs still use fusion but there, fuel is running out. Though the sun may burn for another 2 billion years. The incredible density of the sun would help keep it from exploding.
NASA employees use the "space program" as a way to pocket billions of dollars from the government....there you have it. Motive.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 07:16:53 PM »
And the spectroscopic information on the suns composition? White dwarfs aren't even made of regular molecules, and they certainly don't look like main sequence stars.

The average white dwarf weighs around 0.6 solar masses, so why hasn't it eaten the moon, stars and people off the Earth? It's only 700 miles away. Even if the moon was trapped in a binary-type system with the sun, the sun would hardly move at all given its incredible mass relative to the moon, while the moon would swing around wildly. Tides would be influenced almost exclusively by the sun.

Edit: I just checked up on the whole white dwarf thing, and one the mass of the sun would be the size of the Earth. You fail.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 07:19:35 PM by Gin »

Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 07:55:44 PM »
And the spectroscopic information on the suns composition? White dwarfs aren't even made of regular molecules, and they certainly don't look like main sequence stars.

The average white dwarf weighs around 0.6 solar masses, so why hasn't it eaten the moon, stars and people off the Earth? It's only 700 miles away. Even if the moon was trapped in a binary-type system with the sun, the sun would hardly move at all given its incredible mass relative to the moon, while the moon would swing around wildly. Tides would be influenced almost exclusively by the sun.

Edit: I just checked up on the whole white dwarf thing, and one the mass of the sun would be the size of the Earth. You fail.

One last effort to save my dignity. White dwarves are composed of carbon and oxygen and rarely helium so they are made of regular molecules. Also a white dwarf could be as small as the FE sun depending on when the support of electron degenerancy pressure kicked in after the fusion of the sun ran out and and along with it the protection from gravitational collapse.

Even in the RE tides are slightly altered due to the sun. How would the sun hardly move? Using Newton's second law the sun has incredible mass, and therefore lots of inertia. So even the slighest movement would cause it to accelerate. Since there is no reciprocal force acting upon the sun to stop its acceleration it would continue to accelerate. (though not very rapidly) So therefore it would have no difficulty moving.
NASA employees use the "space program" as a way to pocket billions of dollars from the government....there you have it. Motive.

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 10:59:44 PM »
One last effort to save my dignity. White dwarves are composed of carbon and oxygen and rarely helium so they are made of regular molecules.

They're made of carbon and oxygen and helium all right, but not 'regular molecules'. White dwarf stars are composed of 'degenerate matter'.
the cake is a lie

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 04:55:52 AM »
How would the sun hardly move? Using Newton's second law the sun has incredible mass, and therefore lots of inertia. So even the slighest movement would cause it to accelerate. Since there is no reciprocal force acting upon the sun to stop its acceleration it would continue to accelerate. (though not very rapidly) So therefore it would have no difficulty moving.

This makes no sense. Where is the energy for its motion?

We frequently see (in, you know, real astronomy) tiny black holes that, by virtue of their great mass, are swinging massive stars round and round them. If two massive objects are orbiting each other, the more massive moves less, as the gravitational force on both is equal and on the larger object the force/mass equation (acceleration) has a lower value.

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 09:19:24 AM »
Well I'll admit when i have been beaten. :-[ Maybe the engineer can come in and answer your questions. Those are some good questions Gin; keep it up.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 09:21:28 AM by FEbeliever90 »

?

DakaSha

• I'm so obviously gay
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 09:55:03 AM »
wow i like you

I know the waterfalls shadow is wrong. Eat a dick you fuckin know-it-all :P
A Genius: PBF

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 11:23:46 AM »
thanks i see how arrogant some of the other FEers' are, and i ask what shame is there in losing an argument to someone more intelligent. None

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 11:27:55 AM »
FEbeliever90 = what Tom Bishop should aspire to (in terms of debating style and quality of argument.).

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 11:29:45 AM »
yeah, if you don't count my response to your rebuttle.

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 01:31:05 PM »
Bravo, an FE'er who isn't afraid to admit he was beaten. You my friend are an inspiration to all of the other FE'ers out there.

Unfortunatly I'm an RE'er so this whole thing just won't work out, I think we should see other people.

BTW, what is this degenerative matter that you spoke of?
I'm so tempted to put a scratch and sniff at the bottom of a pool and see what you do...

Avert your eyes, this is too awesome for them...

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 01:37:44 PM »
electron degenerancy pressure?

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 01:49:23 PM »
It's what stops white dwarf stars from collapsing inwards, balancing out gravitation. The Wikipedia 'White Dwarf' article gives a more in-depth explanation.

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 01:52:58 PM »
the wikipedia explanation of electron degenerancy pressure is what i horribly misused in my argument.

The Truth Seeker

• listen and know no lies...
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 03:56:20 PM »
concave earth is true truth...
"Perhaps when I am gone you will appreciate me more, and realize I was about truth, justice and possessing a steadfast determination to demolish the walls of deception and unbelief." Lord Steven Christopher