Jerry Falwell is dead

• 73 Replies

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
Re: Jerry Falwell is dead
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2007, 08:12:08 PM »
Or we can stop being pussies and worrying about ettiquette and realize that making fun of dead people--rude or otherwise--is entertaining to us. Not to mention, Falwell was a sick fuck, so it makes it all the better. Who cares if he died recently? gb2gaia.

Is it rude to say that tyrannical dictators like Pinochet or Hussein...

What about Hitler?

THE GODWIN EFFECT STRIKES AGAIN.

~D-Draw

?

Ethan_MVgolfer2008

• Who says that I don't have a life?
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2007, 08:15:41 PM »
For every rude thing I have said, I have received about ten equivalent or worse.

Huh, thats an interesting statement because in an argument i had with you not to long ago you insulted me first, then i responded without insulting you back, and what did i get another rude response. So most of the time people have been rude to you it was probably because you provoked them.
The most useful tool in the world...sarcasm. The most useless tool in the world...Tom Bishop.

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2007, 08:18:06 PM »
Netiquette is the equivalent of Political Correctness in the real world. Total ruling class bullshit.

If someone is an evil bastard, just say it. Don't type on tippy-fingers just because he died.
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

?

Ethan_MVgolfer2008

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2007, 08:31:47 PM »
Okay.....your an evil bastard. There happy now?
The most useful tool in the world...sarcasm. The most useless tool in the world...Tom Bishop.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2007, 08:40:37 PM »
You are free to say that.

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

?

Ethan_MVgolfer2008

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2007, 08:44:41 PM »
I dont really think your evil; i just disagree with you a lot. But taking cheap shots like that isn't something i like doing.

?

quixotic

• Im a mushroomcloudlayin motherfucker, motherfucker
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2007, 10:51:55 PM »
Did someone say cheap shots???

Ill have a CockSucking Cowgirl thanks  ;)

Like...O M G ! ! ! He is, like, totally using the gun as like some kind of sexual weapon. O M G ! ! That is like, totally awesome! ! !

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2007, 12:18:16 AM »
I dont really think your evil; i just disagree with you a lot. But taking cheap shots like that isn't something i like doing.

Then don't do it.

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 10:18:31 AM »
What were we talking about i forgot with all of these arguments about netiquette.
NASA employees use the "space program" as a way to pocket billions of dollars from the government....there you have it. Motive.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2007, 10:27:19 AM »
We were talking about how great it is that Jerry Falwell is dead.

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 10:31:17 AM »
Ahh yes....i am not glad hes dead but i am not sad either.
NASA employees use the "space program" as a way to pocket billions of dollars from the government....there you have it. Motive.

?

Ethan_MVgolfer2008

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2007, 10:39:39 AM »
Its great that he died....he hated everything. He was an spiteful evil man set on creating a new world order ruled by him and his radical conservative nazis.

?

cadmium_blimp

• funny, you thought I'd convert, didn't you?
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2007, 11:04:45 AM »
Ding-dong, the Witch is dead!
The wicked Witch of the West is dead!

:-\

Quote from: Commander Taggart
Never give up, never surrender!

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2007, 11:27:08 AM »
Jerry Falwell was a great christain leader and was one of the few people with the courage to stand up to this country's moral and ethical issues. I was sad to learn of such a great soldier of God had died.

Please tell me that's some kind of poorly-constructed joke.

No it wasn't a joke. Falwell was a great religous leader; he did everything he could to stop the decay of this countries morals.

I don't find my morality from a 2000 year old book, nobody does.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2007, 11:28:38 AM »
Jerry Falwell was a great christain leader and was one of the few people with the courage to stand up to this country's moral and ethical issues. I was sad to learn of such a great soldier of God had died.

No it wasn't a joke. Falwell was a great religous leader; he did everything he could to stop the decay of this countries morals.

Um...actually... :-\
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2007, 12:27:07 PM »

No, you don't.

~D-Draw

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2007, 12:31:55 PM »
"The empty life of this ugly little charlatan proves only one thing, that you can get away with the most extraordinary offenses to morality and to truth in this country if you will just get yourself called reverend. Who would, even at your network, have invited on such a little toad to tell us that the attacks of September the 11th were the result of our sinfulness and were God's punishment if they hadn't got some kind of clerical qualification?"
--Christopher Hitchens offers a eulogy for Jerry Falwell on CNN

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2007, 12:54:06 PM »

No, you don't.

~D-Draw

I wasn't saying I do.  But there are a lot of people who do.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2007, 04:24:42 PM »
No they don't.

~D-Draw

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2007, 04:31:36 PM »
Sure they do.  Because if it was drawn entirely from empathy, then they wouldn't have a different set of morals from you or me.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2007, 04:38:15 PM »
Sure they do.  Because if it was drawn entirely from empathy, then they wouldn't have a different set of morals from you or me.

Do they?

~D-Draw

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2007, 04:42:41 PM »
Yes. 

I'm starting to think that you're just arguing for the sake of arguing now. ;D

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2007, 05:09:23 PM »
1. Don't worship other gods. Okay that's different and based solely on religion, but it's just a religious style of what's kosher and barely can be counted.
2. No fake idols. Yeah, alright, again it's barely counted.
3/4. Same deal. Just making sure that the religion is worshipped solely which is not really a moral code, it's just saving the religion from dissenters, or attempting to.
5. Honor your father and mother? Well, yeah. I'm made from my dad and mom's genes and my mom passed me through her vagina. I respect them. Duh.
6. Don't kill people. Yeah...Hmmm...Even have to think about that one? I would hate being murdered. Maybe I shouldn't murder someone else because that'd suck.
7. No adultery. Again, who is going to argue against this?
8. Don't steal. Losing stuff sucks. Maybe I shouldn't steal something because then somebody else would lose it.
9. Don't lie. Do I need the Bible to tell me that lying is probably not that respectful of a thing to do?
10. Don't be envious. Alright, this is an exception because honestly I don't think envy is that bad of a thing to do. It's just an emotion you get. Still, you can hardly say that this comes from a book telling us to do that.

The first four are just solidifying the fact that it's a religion and that you shouldn't be Christian and then Buddhist as well or anything like that. Honestly, those aren't moral codes, they're just saying, "HEY! Worship this book, bitches!!!"

~D-Draw

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2007, 05:22:42 PM »
Look up the definition of morality.  They consider it wrong to not worship God, therefore it is part of their moral code.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2007, 06:57:53 PM »
Edmunds is an idiot
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2007, 07:12:59 PM »
agreed

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2007, 07:27:10 PM »
Oh people aren't allowed to agree with me  >:(
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

Ethan_MVgolfer2008

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2007, 07:43:36 PM »
oh....i'm leaving now :-[

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2007, 08:00:45 PM »
Heh.  I "pwn'd" Diego. 8)

?

cadmium_blimp

• funny, you thought I'd convert, didn't you?
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2007, 08:05:16 PM »
9. Don't lie. Do I need the Bible to tell me that lying is probably not that respectful of a thing to do?

~D-Draw
"Everyone lies, Michael. The innocent lie because they don't want to be blamed for something they didn't do and the guilty lie because they don't have any other choice." -- Commander Jeffrey Sinclair, Babylon 5

Basically, that's a really shitty commandment.  Lying, I believe, is a defense mechanism.  Shall you deny it?

Quote from: Commander Taggart
Never give up, never surrender!