Earth is the centre of the universe and therefore its round.

• 15 Replies
Earth is a sphere due to the facts such as the body of a ship disappearing beofre the mast, only a sphere can project conical shadow on the moon, and because it is the centre of the universe.
All things are made of 4 elements - fire, air, earth and water. Water and earth are heavy ones and so they attracted towards centre of the universe and so down, thus forming a sphere, and hence any object that has this elements in prevailing mass will be subject to gravitation. Fire and air are light and so they are subject to levitation and they rise up. Therefore if object has enough of that element than it would rise up.
However air and fire can not escape because they are blocked from that by the quintessence - the fifth element. It the most perfect of all elements and that is what the celestial part of the universe is made off. Because quintessence is perfect it is takes the most perfect shape for 3d object - sphere and the heavenly bodies orbit the Earth in circles also the perfect shape.
What is celestial? well that is everything above the orbit of the Moon. Everything below it is terrestial. Terrestial things change while celestial do not they are perfect.
This has been covered up by the governments of the world for unknown reasons but the ancients knew this to be true.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: Earth is the centre of the universe and therefore its round.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 06:57:03 AM »
Erm...

Say what?
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 07:20:45 AM »
I thought the 5th element was Aether?

or the chick out of the 5th element film

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 07:28:47 AM »
You can call it aether - that is the modern term, back in the day it was called quintessance

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 07:49:05 AM »
or the chick out of the 5th element film

That's what I was thinking. Crap film.
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 08:03:57 AM »
Never saw it all the way through. She was hot though, lol

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 08:05:06 AM »
Being a gayer I couldn;'t possibly comment

Is this guy being serious?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 09:13:29 AM »
Earth is the center of the universe?  And you know this how?  Did the Bible tell you?

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 09:27:43 AM »
Earth is the center of the universe?  And you know this how?  Did the Bible tell you?
Bible has nothing to do with this, it actually was written on the ideas of the ancients.

Look at the night sky towards north and you will see stars turning in a circle, if you will look at the east and west you will see stars there in straight lines. This is because the celestial sphere that contains stars is turning around the Earth. So do the planets. (to clarify there are 7 planets, Mars, Mercury, Venus, Sun, Moon, Jupiter, Saturn). They are the only stars that wonder the rest stay fixed in their constellations. Since the universe is a sphere, the most perfect of all shapes and it turns around Earth. Earth must be in the centre of the universe. Nothing changes in the celestial, every night you see the stars and the planets and they always travel in the same way across the sky. Nothing changes in celestial which means the celestial is perfect and so any celestial body must be of perfect shape the sphere.
Actually the governments are trying to hide that so that is why they don't do anything about light pollution because than the largest number of people who live in urban areas won't notice that the stars are always move the same and that there is no parallax that would occur if earth was moving.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 09:39:55 AM »
I'm going to assume this thread is some sort of a joke.  The sun and the moon are definitely not planets.

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 09:44:25 AM »
What is the planet, it means wandering star. So any star in the sky that doesn't stay with the certain constellation or its fixed position is a planet.

?

DakaSha

• I'm so obviously gay
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 09:54:45 AM »
no actually the definition of a planet is something else

I know the waterfalls shadow is wrong. Eat a dick you fuckin know-it-all :P
A Genius: PBF

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 09:59:50 AM »
If we consider the Earth - flat or round - as an inertial frame of reference we can say with certainty that it is the center of the universe.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 10:22:57 AM »
What is the planet, it means wandering star. So any star in the sky that doesn't stay with the certain constellation or its fixed position is a planet.

We just can't win.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 10:23:03 AM »
Actually, I am the center of the universe.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 11:05:19 AM »
If the universe is infinite, then everywhere is the centre of the universe.