Christianity and Evolution

• 585 Replies
?

ChristianMan16

Re: Christianity and Evolution
« Reply #180 on: July 09, 2007, 07:35:43 PM »
God wanted them in heaven and what God wants...he gets!!

« Reply #181 on: July 09, 2007, 08:46:05 PM »

God wanted them in heaven? so he does actually hate people now and he plays the pick and throw away game.

He throws people down to hell when he doesn't like them and puts people he likes in heaven? If he truly loved everyone he would let everyone in heaven regardless of what have they done.

God is the worst judge possible, how can finite crimes result in infinite life in hell. It is not right to do finite crimes and the punishment is infinite life in hell. The Punishment doesn't fit the crime.

In heaven all the interesting people are missing.-Friedrich Nietzsche

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2007, 08:53:32 PM »
I found god:

My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2007, 09:04:42 PM »
LOL midnight your funny bastard :)

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2007, 09:33:33 PM »
My lass thinks so too  ;D

beast

« Reply #185 on: July 09, 2007, 11:38:51 PM »

So why did he want particularly native Americans in heaven, and why did he want 19 million of them, regardless of their religious beliefs?

?

Jon Bishop

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2007, 05:55:53 AM »
The "average Christian" is really a Satanist then! To be a Christian you must believe the Bible, which says nothing about evolution. So evolution is just a lie to turn people away from God who obviously is real.
The Bible mentions nothing about toasters, antibiotics or cell phones either, so they must not exist, right? You seem to be implying that unless the Bible specifically mentions something, it's obviously a lie ment to lure people away from God, like that totally ridiculous crap you spewed sometime ago claiming that bacteria and fungi don't exist because they're not specifically mentioned within the Bible's pages. Hell, using your logic we could just about say nothing exists (or is a lie) because it's not mentioned within that book! Im not mentioned! My existence must be a lie! And God obviously exists? Care to share with us the proof of his existence?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 06:01:32 AM by Jon Bishop »

?

DanielPZC

• Supporter of the Flat Earth Fact.
« Reply #187 on: July 10, 2007, 05:59:42 AM »

So why did he want particularly native Americans in heaven, and why did he want 19 million of them, regardless of their religious beliefs?

There are no native Americans in Heaven.

Quote from: Jon Bishop
The Bible mentions nothing about toasters, antibiotics or cell phones either, so they must not exist, right? You seem to be implying that unless the Bible specifically mentions something, it's obviously a lie ment to lure people away from God, like that totally ridiculous crap you spewed sometime ago claiming that bacteria and fungi don't exist because they're not specifically mentioned within the Bible's pages. Hell, using your logic we could just about say nothing exists because it's not mentioned within that book! Im not mentioned! My existence must be a lie! And God obviously exists? Care to share with us the proof of his existence?

Perhaps they don't exist and we are just crazy. And I can prove God's existence with  the Bible.

?

Jon Bishop

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #188 on: July 10, 2007, 06:05:18 AM »
Perhaps they don't exist and we are just crazy.
Yeah, that must totally be it. 300 million people in the United States and people the globe over have hallucinated toasters and cell phones and various other objects for the past 50 years. Now it all makes sense.
And I can prove God's existence with  the Bible.
Sorry, the Bible isn't proof unless you prove the Bible is true. Try again.

?

DanielPZC

« Reply #189 on: July 10, 2007, 06:14:28 AM »
Yeah, that must totally be it. 300 million people in the United States and people the globe over have hallucinated toasters and cell phones and various other objects for the past 50 years. Now it all makes sense.

I did prove the Bible was correct.

?

Jon Bishop

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2007, 06:15:35 AM »
Where? Please enlighten me.

« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2007, 06:29:12 AM »

You never proved the bible correct, if you can prove the bible correct please share it with us.

?

DanielPZC

« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2007, 06:30:59 AM »
As I said many times the Bible says it is correct.

« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2007, 06:36:18 AM »

A book that says its correct is not enough proof.

?

Jon Bishop

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2007, 06:46:04 AM »
I've said that I can fly and turn into a dragon many times aswell, so I must be correct. I don't need to prove it, it's automatically true by my word alone.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2007, 03:20:19 PM »
The "average Christian" is really a Satanist then! To be a Christian you must believe the Bible, which says nothing about evolution. So evolution is just a lie to turn people away from God who obviously is real.
The Bible mentions nothing about toasters, antibiotics or cell phones either, so they must not exist, right? You seem to be implying that unless the Bible specifically mentions something, it's obviously a lie ment to lure people away from God, like that totally ridiculous crap you spewed sometime ago claiming that bacteria and fungi don't exist because they're not specifically mentioned within the Bible's pages. Hell, using your logic we could just about say nothing exists (or is a lie) because it's not mentioned within that book! Im not mentioned! My existence must be a lie! And God obviously exists? Care to share with us the proof of his existence?

THE best post this site has ever fucking seen. Period. End of fucking discussion.

?

ChristianMan16

« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2007, 08:10:25 PM »
The Bible mentions nothing about toasters, antibiotics or cell phones either, so they must not exist, right? You seem to be implying that unless the Bible specifically mentions something, it's obviously a lie ment to lure people away from God, like that totally ridiculous crap you spewed sometime ago claiming that bacteria and fungi don't exist because they're not specifically mentioned within the Bible's pages.
Dude, I have to agree with them on that ONE. Just because it's not mentioned in the Bible doesn't mean it doesn't exsist...FOR EXAMPLE:

A car.

Nopt mentioned in the Bible but does exsist because it was invented  by people like Henry Ford! Plus we ride in them everyday.

Same goes for Computers!

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2007, 10:45:57 PM »
Christianity evolves as a faith over time, regarding it's adherents. Thus, they lose the debate.

?

ChristianMan16

« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2007, 04:20:46 AM »
Christianity evolves as a faith over time, regarding it's adherents. Thus, they lose the debate.
That's not what you think I said do u?

?

DanielPZC

« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2007, 04:48:46 AM »

Watch out you used Christianity and "evolves" in the same sentence without quotes, that could get you sent to Hell!

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2007, 05:52:54 AM »
Yet more trolling from Dan...

Anyways, disproof of creation:

Age of Rocks in the Earth.
Logistics of creating only 2 people and then multiplying them into a species
Logic of creating 2 people and expecting them to care for an entire planet with no tools or knowhow is non existant

I could go on. My point is that the bible is frequently disproven, but we can still use it. For example, we know that the 'Noah's Ark story' is a fairy tale, but we can still use it as an example of how God learned from his mistake and will now never do an extinction level event again.

?

DanielPZC

« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2007, 05:59:00 AM »
Yet more trolling from Dan...

Anyways, disproof of creation:

Age of Rocks in the Earth.
Logistics of creating only 2 people and then multiplying them into a species
Logic of creating 2 people and expecting them to care for an entire planet with no tools or knowhow is non existant

I could go on. My point is that the bible is frequently disproven, but we can still use it. For example, we know that the 'Noah's Ark story' is a fairy tale, but we can still use it as an example of how God learned from his mistake and will now never do an extinction level event again.

Satan is the one planting the rocks to trick people! And the two people don't have to take care of the whole planet, no idea where you get that from. Noah's Ark is a historical fact. Evolution is the fairy tale.

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2007, 06:01:39 AM »
1) Prove Satan did it, without a deductive arguement (there isn't one).
2) Genisis dumbass
3) No it is not, it is a story told to early Christians to show that God is all powerful but yet all loving
4) It may not be proven, but logic backs it up. As opposed to creation (when you take it literally. Creation works if you apply it to how the world actually functions).

?

DanielPZC

« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2007, 06:04:27 AM »
1) Prove Satan did it, without a deductive arguement (there isn't one).

Had to have been Satan since God would not have put them there.

2) Genisis dumbass

That was a mean thing to say. =(

3) No it is not, it is a story told to early Christians to show that God is all powerful but yet all loving

I agree with you that God is all powerful and loving but that does not change the fact Noah's Ark is true.

4) It may not be proven, but logic backs it up. As opposed to creation (when you take it literally. Creation works if you apply it to how the world actually functions).

Logic is Satan's word.

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #204 on: July 11, 2007, 06:30:45 AM »
1) Why not?

2) I'm sorry you thought it was mean, howe ver it was accurate.

3) It means that he wouldn't have performed that act; although perhaps in the end the vast sacrifice of most of the people in the world may have been worth it, no sensible person can believe he would ghave made that decision.

4) Bollocks. You've been attempting to use logic here. You've failed.

NB Point #3 is up for discussion; Im gonna make a separate thread in Religion.

afromonkey

• Obligitory Pwnage
« Reply #205 on: July 12, 2007, 11:41:23 AM »
I only read the opening statment and that was enough for me. The Bible was not translated as literaly as people would think. This happens in several cases, the earliest would be YOM. In the hebrew version of the Bible, it use the word YOM, which in some cases means "day" and in others just means "a length of time". That means that it could have been done in a week or in billions of years. In any case, I'm a Christian and I believe in some sort of Evolution AND the Bible. Could that be the answer to how?
if at first you don't succeed.      screw it
3mta3

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2007, 03:02:02 PM »
You're a satanist apparantly. Good luck with that ^^

?

DanielPZC

« Reply #207 on: July 12, 2007, 03:04:46 PM »
I only read the opening statment and that was enough for me. The Bible was not translated as literaly as people would think. This happens in several cases, the earliest would be YOM. In the hebrew version of the Bible, it use the word YOM, which in some cases means "day" and in others just means "a length of time". That means that it could have been done in a week or in billions of years. In any case, I'm a Christian and I believe in some sort of Evolution AND the Bible. Could that be the answer to how?

The KJV Bible is one hundred percent correct. And you can't be a Christian and believe in evolution. You Satanist!

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #208 on: July 12, 2007, 03:11:18 PM »
See? Don't worry, he's some kid who's stirring. Ignore him.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #209 on: July 12, 2007, 03:22:50 PM »