• 585 Replies

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: Christianity and Evolution
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2007, 01:52:29 PM »
That's a strange example to try and make

Why would someone lie to say they are religious? I also know because they went to church. You seem to be trying to make a pointless argument out of this Francy, why can't you just accept that not all religious people are stupid or immoral?
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2007, 01:57:16 PM »
If you think it's a pointless argument, then stop arguing with me. I'm just saying you sound very naive right now. If that's fine with you, what can I say.  ::)
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2007, 01:58:59 PM »
How am I naive for basing my point on personal experience? We've obviously both had different personal experiences of religious people therefore our opinions on them are bound to be different.
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2007, 02:06:33 PM »
Mr. Franc T. sounds very much like a preacher wanting converts.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2007, 02:07:53 PM »
That's a strange example to try and make

Why would someone lie to say they are religious? I also know because they went to church. You seem to be trying to make a pointless argument out of this Francy, why can't you just accept that not all religious people are stupid or immoral?

Francy, making a pointless argument?  Noooooooo.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2007, 02:08:16 PM »
Does kind of remind me of the crazy conservative Christians who say all atheists are stupid and immoral...Francy is just switching it the other way round.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2007, 02:12:47 PM »
Does kind of remind me of the crazy conservative Christians who say all atheists are stupid and immoral...Francy is just switching it the other way round.

He's the very thing!

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2007, 02:14:36 PM »
I think Francy was molested repeatedly by a priest when he was 6. ;D

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2007, 02:15:11 PM »
Just because I point out that someone may be naive, makes me a preacher?

Don't preacher do the exact opposite?

You people don't even try to make sense.

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2007, 02:16:04 PM »

Niiiice. Do you often joke about sexual molestation? Does it make you feel happy to think about children getting molested? You sure seem happy...

You are one sick fuck.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2007, 02:17:10 PM »
Just because I point out that someone may be naive, makes me a preacher?

Don't preacher do the exact opposite?

You people don't even try to make sense.

Your argument doesn't make sense though Franc

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2007, 02:18:59 PM »

Niiiice. Do you often joke about sexual molestation? Does it make you feel happy to think about children getting molested? You sure seem happy...

You are one sick fuck.

Maybe.  It gives me exceeding pleasure picturing you being molested as a child. ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 02:50:19 PM by Flatty the Recently Converted »

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2007, 02:23:39 PM »
It's your intent, Mr. Franc, that makes you sound like some fundamentalist hedge-row preacher.  You wish to make your listeners feel like crap if their belief is in any way different from your own.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2007, 05:24:18 PM »
Just look into Christianity. I'm sure you'll put it down like you do with most beliefs and arguments, but seriously, talk with some scholars or preachers and, if you want, debate with them on subjects you think are false. Just look into it, even if it makes you even more ignorant towards it.

I frequently debate with those of the moronic persuasion [religion]. I've found that they are mentally handicapped.

As this graph states: http://www.gnxp.com/MT2/archives/001527.html

Well you have a biased sample group here. i agree that the religiously extreme tend to be "mentally handicapped" there have been some extremely intelligent christians.

« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2007, 06:36:59 PM »
Just look into Christianity. I'm sure you'll put it down like you do with most beliefs and arguments, but seriously, talk with some scholars or preachers and, if you want, debate with them on subjects you think are false. Just look into it, even if it makes you even more ignorant towards it.

I frequently debate with those of the moronic persuasion [religion]. I've found that they are mentally handicapped.

Well you have a biased sample group here. i agree that the religiously extreme tend to be "mentally handicapped" there have been some extremely intelligent christians.

I never said that there isn't, but on average the more religious you are, the dumber you are.
ah.

?

Spherical Earth Society Leader

• Join our Conspiracy, The Spherical Earth Society!
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2007, 05:48:00 AM »
Dumber on which subjects? I'm a strong christian with a 113 IQ. Its not the greatest IQ, but its about 12 higher than normal and I suck at differernt subjects. That chart does depend on which subjects they were asking the people in the graph.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 06:22:38 AM by The Earth Is A Sphere »
Join my Conspiracy...(SHH!!)...The Spherical Earth Society!

Just...Don't...Tell...Anyone...

« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2007, 08:22:56 AM »
Dumber on which subjects? I'm a strong christian with a 113 IQ. Its not the greatest IQ, but its about 12 higher than normal and I suck at differernt subjects. That chart does depend on which subjects they were asking the people in the graph.

Actually, there is an average RANGE. You're in it. My IQ is actually low, but my knowledge belies that entirely. IQ tests are strange tests, and don't tend to prove very much beside skills in logic, and in taking tests.

I think that Christians lack a lot of their skills in logic because they defy logic so well.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 08:24:40 AM by SPrinkZ »
ah.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2007, 08:30:10 AM »
So what you're trying to say is that it just shows less skills in logic and taking tests, doesn't actually show them being dumb? Sounds like you're contradicting yourself.

« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2007, 08:32:39 AM »
So what you're trying to say is that it just shows less skills in logic and taking tests, doesn't actually show them being dumb? Sounds like you're contradicting yourself.

IQ tests don't really prove if someone is dumb unless they start to dip below the average range of IQ 85/90-115/120. I never contradicted myself; you just never looked into the facts. IQ tests are better at determining if someone is retarded, then if the person is knowledgeable. So those guys who are below 80 IQ--they are morons.
ah.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2007, 08:34:19 AM »
Alrighty then, was just trying to get what you meant clear.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2007, 11:20:21 AM »

I never said that there isn't, but on average the more religious you are, the dumber you are.

I don't think that this is because it takes stupidity to be religious, but rather that it takes a modicum of intelligence to question the accepted authority.

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2007, 12:21:41 PM »
I don't think that this is because it takes stupidity to be religious, but rather that it takes a modicum of intelligence to question the accepted authority.

So essentially what you're saying is you generally have to be intelligent to convert away from religion, but that not all intelligent people will do so. That's exactly what I think.
the cake is a lie

« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2007, 03:27:40 PM »
The more RELIGIOUS you are. Not if you ARE religious. Are you all unable to read or something? Shit.
ah.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2007, 03:33:32 PM »
I don't believe that the very religious are necessarily unintelligent.  I've known some very religious people who were also very intelligent.  Part of it is that people are essentially brainwashed into believing in their religion and that might be tough to overcome, even if you are very intelligent.

Do you think that St Augustine and the like were stupid? ???

« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2007, 03:36:56 PM »
I don't believe that the very religious are necessarily unintelligent.  I've known some very religious people who were also very intelligent.  Part of it is that people are essentially brainwashed into believing in their religion and that might be tough to overcome, even if you are very intelligent.

There are rare cases, but ON AVERAGE. Read it again!
ah.

?

[][][]

• Man of science.
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2007, 03:56:20 PM »

Perhaps they have never felt any need to "overcome".Their partents were of that religions, they were raised under that religion, and are perfectly content living the way they are. What difference would it make in their lives if they converted from religion to atheism, maybe they enjoyed the company their peers. I think it has more to do with the type of person than his IQ.
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. -Some Frenchy

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2007, 04:00:52 PM »
Aye.

I was "brainwashed" as a kid to Christianity but drifted far away in recent years. But I know I was happier when I was going to church, people were decent there.

« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2007, 05:29:50 PM »
Every "religious" person I've ever known runs two different lives. They seem nice upfront, but then they lead a totally fucked up life underneath it.

For instance, I know an older couple who are into wife-swapping and shit, and they believe in God very much upfront. Don't take everything you see as factual; those people might be the most depraved, because they are repressed.
ah.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2007, 05:34:58 PM »
That doesn't relate to them being religious though. Plenty of non-religious people seem nice upfront and lead a fucked up life. But granted it does make it a hell of a lot more hypocritical for religious people to be like that. But certainly not every religious person I've known has been like that, and I've known a lot.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2007, 07:41:51 PM »
Once again, you have no idea who is actually a believer and who isn't, you just trust anyone who says anything. Hardly a basis to draw conclusions from.