A few questions that needs an answer (In other words, Tom, I'm calling you out)

• 21 Replies
?

Game_Guru777

• Truth knows no bounds...
I have asked these many, many times... yet each time a dodge. Now I wish for an answer for each of them. I will number them for convenience.

1.This is a question directed at you. Now, you have claimed that the conspiracy burned down the FE library and have kept it hidden from the public. A few flaws in this, If it was hidden, how did you figure out about it? Another, How does a burning building not catch a public eye? Last time I seen, a burning building was Big, Red, Bright, and hard to miss. Lastly, you say the fire was arson, Who was charged with this crime? And if nobody was charged, who was the suspect.

2. You say the the conspiracy can't be proven, because it is a secret, and if the secret were to be revealed, then it wouldn't be a secret and the world would know about he conspiracy. Well, how did you figure out about the conspiracy, you seem to use it as a scape goat for many things (Ex; The library being burned down). Mixed messages is what I wish to sort out.

3. You claim that the conspiracy pays the people who figure out the 'truth' to keep them quiet, I would imagine that if they refuse to take the money they find... er... other ways to silence them. But you have been shooting your mouth off about the Earth being flat for some time. As you can see, your very presence reveals a conundrum. If you truly believed the Earth is flat, then you would have been paid to keep your mouth shut. And since you have been saying things on the forum I can imagine that they would have silenced you quite a while ago. Two things can be brought from this, One, you are a troll that gets his jollies by arguing with people in forums, or two, there is nothing to cover up and you are just paranoid.

I would like answers to these. And please, read each one of them, and answer each one of them in full. I await your responses.
Hold it!!! Your statement directly contradicts the evidence.

Objection!!! Your claims make no sense! Think about what you are going to say before you say it!

Evidence is everything...

Sorry, Tom Bishop just forwarded me a message that he can't get back to you until 2077.
Mongrelman's the real douche.

?

Game_Guru777

I figured...

Objection!!! Your claims make no sense! Think about what you are going to say before you say it!

His favorite hobby is dodging questions...he never answered me on my topic.

He gave up answering me...on his own topic.  :P
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
He gave up answering me...on his own topic.

I tend not to answer questions which have been asked on this forum countless times, or which have been answered over 150 years ago in Earth Not a Globe.

1.This is a question directed at you. Now, you have claimed that the conspiracy burned down the FE library and have kept it hidden from the public. A few flaws in this, If it was hidden, how did you figure out about it? Another, How does a burning building not catch a public eye? Last time I seen, a burning building was Big, Red, Bright, and hard to miss. Lastly, you say the fire was arson, Who was charged with this crime? And if nobody was charged, who was the suspect.

The burning building did catch the public eye. When the FES library burned down news articles appeared all over the world. No one was charged with the crime of course, it was assumed to be an "accident" that the unique literature, maps, and vast collections of evidence for the Flat Earth went up in a puff of smoke. Some copies of the literature still exist, mind you, spread around specialized personal collections and university libraries. The University of Livermore , the British Library, and the Library of Congress have sizable Flat Earth collections I've been working on getting my hands on.

2. You say the the conspiracy can't be proven, because it is a secret, and if the secret were to be revealed, then it wouldn't be a secret and the world would know about he conspiracy. Well, how did you figure out about the conspiracy, you seem to use it as a scape goat for many things (Ex; The library being burned down). Mixed messages is what I wish to sort out.

The Flat Earth Society has known about the elitist Conspiracy since the Royal Astronomical Society sent Sputnik into space. Dr. Samuel Birley Rowbotham, Samuel Shenton, and Leo Ferarri were all former Royal Astronomical Society members before going renegade and becoming presidents of the Flat Earth Society. Our last president, Charles K. Johnson, was actually an engineer who worked on the Space Shuttle.

3. You claim that the conspiracy pays the people who figure out the 'truth' to keep them quiet, I would imagine that if they refuse to take the money they find... er... other ways to silence them. But you have been shooting your mouth off about the Earth being flat for some time.

Why would the Conspiracy need to pay off the few people who've figured them out? Unless threatened or pressured the Conspiracy will focus its time and resources on perpetuating its hoax.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 09:43:42 PM by Tom Bishop »

I tend not to answer questions which have been asked on this forum countless times, or which have been answered over 150 years ago in Earth Not a Globe.
Please, Tom, I didn't ask a single question about the flat earth. I attacked your logic, and you couldn't handle it, so you acted extremely maturely...and left.  ::)

Http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=13158.0, anyone?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 04:22:28 AM by Agent_0042 »
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

"The Flat Earth Society has known about the elitist Conspiracy since the Royal Astronomical Society sent Sputnik into space."

What the hell are you talking about?  ???

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Not that long ago Tom asserted that a conspiracy is by definition unknowable. ::)
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Game_Guru777

1. Now, about the library, you are saying that the police in charge of the investigation was in on the conspiracy. How would they have known and have been a part of the conspiracy if they were just normal cops? Also, could you give me a link to these papers of which you speak? Most newspaper sites allow you to view headlines of past events.

2. Roundy is right, You did say that it is impossible to tell if the conspiracy is real. But irregardless, You say that the people went renegade on the people, how did they survive. Wouldn't they be the biggest threat? Also, How is one a president of FES and work on a space shuttle and not get noticed? Wouldn't they want to get rid of one who leads the only people trying to disprove the conspiracy and bring the 'truth' to light? Also, answer the entire question, How did you figure out about the conspiracy?

3. I didn't ask how they work, I asked if you were ever offered a bribe. But now that you mention it, You say that the conspiracy would not target a single person who figured it out. Yet you say that several people were paid to keep quiet about the earth being flat in other boards. Also, wouldn't they have targeted the leaders of FES? Wouldn't they be the biggest threat to the conspiracy?

Also, Robotham, Shenton, and Ferarri, wouldn't they have been 'taken care of' for leaving the RAS and revealing the 'secret'?

?

Game_Guru777

Bumping for an answer. Just answer the questions, its not that hard... is it?

?

Ethan_MVgolfer2008

• Who says that I don't have a life?
"I tend not to answer questions which have been asked on this forum countless times, or which have been answered over 150 years ago in Earth Not a Globe."-quote from Tom

Some of the questions asked here are not that common. Yet you still manage to dodge them by changing the subject, leaving, or calling it a huge conspiracy.(The FE safety net.)

...or if all else fails provide a bunch of links to a biased site made by college droputs with a lot of free time.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 10:39:04 AM by Ethan_MVgolfer2008 »
The most useful tool in the world...sarcasm. The most useless tool in the world...Tom Bishop.

?

Game_Guru777

Answer or be exposed for the troll you truly are. Do you not have answers for the questions? If that is the case just say so... nobody knows everything. Just spill it...

?

Game_Guru777

Bumping... waiting for an answer...

?

Game_Guru777

Alright... Cool... I must have beat Tom. Since he hasn't replied yet. He must not think the Earth is really flat. Miniwave in celebration of me!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Tom never did think the Earth was flat. He's a troll.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

Game_Guru777

I know... but I still get a miniwave... I just proved what has been proven several times, Tom sucks

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Ok you get a miniwave
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

I'll give you a microwave. That's smaller than a miniwave.
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
The Flat Earth Society is simply nothing more than biblical propaganda. It's spoken right from Johnson's mouth.

Quote from: http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/fe-scidi.htm
Johnson's beliefs are firmly grounded in the Bible. Many verses of the Old Testament imply that the earth is flat, but there's more to it than that. According to the New Testament, Jesus ascended up into heaven.

"The whole point of the Copernican theory is to get rid of Jesus by saying there is no up and no down," declares Johnson. "The spinning ball thing just makes the whole Bible a big joke."

He did not work on the Shuttle either. He only "knew" people who worked on it, and even so, twisted the words they spoke to him about it's construction to serve to reinforce his silly biblical propaganda.

Quote from: http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/fe-scidi.htm
Whatever its purpose, Johnson is convinced that it is not intended to actually fly. Because it was built and tested almost in his back yard, he knows many people who worked on it. What they've told him about some aspects of its construction only reinforces his convictions.

It goes on to state how the shuttle had many issues during it's construction, but come on, seriously. When has anyone ever gotten new technology right the first time? Certainly Thomas Edison didn't get the incandescent light-bulb right the first shot. The Wright Brothers' 1901 glider certainly didn't meet their expectations.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_Brothers#Flights
Hoping to improve lift, they built the 1901 glider with a much larger wing area and made 50 to 100 flights in July and August for distances of 20 to 400 feet. The glider stalled a few times, but the parachute effect of the forward elevator allowed Wilbur to make a safe flat or "pancake" landing, instead of a nose-dive. These incidents wedded the Wrights even more strongly to the canard design, which they did not give up until 1910. The glider, however, delivered two major disappointments. It produced only about one-third the lift calculated and sometimes failed to respond properly to wing-warping, turning opposite the direction intended—a problem later known as adverse yaw.

Get my point? It's all bullshit. Nothing more than an exercise in biblical propaganda. You can't just take the word of one man, nor can you just take the word of a religious fanatic who supports the one man. This is why I don't buy anything Bishop says, because he is nothing more than a tool. All the experiments he claims to have done, I don't believe he has actually done them. Sure, I can look out my window and see a "flat" earth, but that's the same as seeing two railroad tracks parallel to one another "merge" in the far distance, and we know that they really don't. And it's provable using proper mathematics, and a little common sense. The same thing goes for the theories of the earth's shape, it's entirely provable by using the Foucault Pendulum experiment I outlined in another thread, and also for the Coriolis Effect. But these simple proofs keep getting ignored and shunned by FET believers because they are afraid of being wrong, and they are afraid that it will blashpemize their sacred little story book. They don't understand the concept of mathematics. This isn't about newton's laws, or relativity. The distance between the sun, moon and the earth can all be done with simple, high school trigonometry. Did any flat earth believer actually scrutinize Rowbotham's work, or did they just go "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil"? I believe in the things I believe in because i've experienced them first hand. And I don't believe in god, or a flat earth, because everything that I have experienced tells me that they are untrue. My experience has told me that the earth is round, despite how I can look outside and "see a flat earth".

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
1. Now, about the library, you are saying that the police in charge of the investigation was in on the conspiracy. How would they have known and have been a part of the conspiracy if they were just normal cops? Also, could you give me a link to these papers of which you speak? Most newspaper sites allow you to view headlines of past events.

You'll have to go to a library to dig up old news articles. Most news papers don't make archives available online.

2. Roundy is right, You did say that it is impossible to tell if the conspiracy is real. But irregardless, You say that the people went renegade on the people, how did they survive. Wouldn't they be the biggest threat? Also, How is one a president of FES and work on a space shuttle and not get noticed? Wouldn't they want to get rid of one who leads the only people trying to disprove the conspiracy and bring the 'truth' to light? Also, answer the entire question, How did you figure out about the conspiracy?

If the Conspiracy simply "got rid" of people they didn't like it would endanger their entire operation in multiple ways. The best bet is denial.

3. I didn't ask how they work, I asked if you were ever offered a bribe. But now that you mention it, You say that the conspiracy would not target a single person who figured it out. Yet you say that several people were paid to keep quiet about the earth being flat in other boards. Also, wouldn't they have targeted the leaders of FES? Wouldn't they be the biggest threat to the conspiracy?

Who said that people were paid to keep quiet?

The Flat Earth Society is simply nothing more than biblical propaganda. It's spoken right from Johnson's mouth.

Johnson did not create the Flat Earth Society. He may have held his beliefs in a religious context, but that does not mean all of the Flat Earth Society members do. Neither do Johnson's religious beliefs invalidate the Flat Earth - Einstein spoke about god throughout his career and his ideas are still valid.

Most Flat Earth proponents today are atheists. Any analogy to religion is irrelevant.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 02:43:36 PM by Tom Bishop »

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
I only said that he basically outlined the purpose of FET propagnda as more of a biblical propaganda. I never typed that I acknowledged him as the creator.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Johnson did not create the Flat Earth Society. He may have held his beliefs in a religious context, but that doesn't mean all of us do. Most Flat Earth proponents are atheists.

What about that is hard to understand?

The fact that atheists are following a religious propaganda.