• 55 Replies
Re: Proof of the FE
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2007, 12:27:12 PM »
...what the hell are you talking about?
Mongrelman's the real douche.

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2007, 12:31:04 PM »
...what the hell are you talking about?
That your post and your being here is pointless.

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2007, 12:33:51 PM »
Flaming doesn't work on trolls or FEs, especially not deluded ones. For normal ones it takes some kind of reverse mega ownage. Since Tom ignores posts that's impossible. He's some incredible uber-|33+age super troll.

If you can make sense out of that, I'll give you 500 bucks.  You're the one who's being pointless, idiot.

***Offer does not apply for nerds explaining it....meaning everybody.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 04:38:02 PM by John McCall »

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2007, 01:10:15 PM »
- There are really only a few Flat Earth proponents on this website.
Amen.

- Shutting the website down would only throw fuel onto the fire.
If the site was shut down, and the FEers that were running around started crying "conspiracy", who would believe them? They would have no proof, and few believe them anyway.

- NASA is more concerned about the Apollo Moon Hoax guys. NASA reportedly has a public relations budget which strives to pound the moon landing into public consensus and the history books.
So they currently make more money off of fake 50-year-old moon landings than off faking the shape of the Earth. There you go, motive destroyed.

- The Conspiracy only plays its hand after the Flat Earth Society has a breakthrough, publishes a best seller, or receives international fame. The few users on this specific Flat Earth forum mean nothing to the Conspiracy.
They didn't stop Rowbotham, did they? And the "no breakthroughs" part really sums up this website.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 01:14:53 PM by Agent_0042 »
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2007, 01:25:54 PM »
Flaming doesn't work on trolls or FEs, especially not deluded ones. For normal ones it takes some kind of reverse mega ownage. Since Tom ignores posts that's impossible. He's some incredible uber-|33+age super troll.

If you can make sense out of that, I'll give you 500 bucks.  You're the one who's being pointless, idiot.
You flamed an FE troll. Flaming doesn't work on FEs or trolls. Tom is incredibly FE and incredibly trolly so it has even less chance of working on him.
Now, please hand over the 500 yankee currency... Of course, you'll say that since it's my post I don;t get it but does that mean you'll give it to anyone else who can make sense of it, meaning... anyone at all apart from some guy who can't read?

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2007, 01:32:29 PM »
You flamed an FE troll. Flaming doesn't work on FEs or trolls. Tom is incredibly FE and incredibly trolly so it has even less chance of working on him.
Now, please hand over the 500 yankee currency... Of course, you'll say that since it's my post I don;t get it but does that mean you'll give it to anyone else who can make sense of it, meaning... anyone at all apart from some guy who can't read?

I love Copy & Paste! Gimme my money!
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2007, 01:46:10 PM »
You know, I think it's better to call you stupid.

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2007, 04:33:27 PM »

You're making a mistake that I made at first, it appears.  You seem to be assuming that just because they insult you, they must disagree with you.  In reality, the people who are calling you a moron probably believe the Earth is round, they just think you are stupid.  To make sense of the above...

Flaming doesn't work on trolls or FEs, especially not deluded ones. Don't waste your time insulting people who believe the Earth is flat because they don't care.  Also don't waste your time insulting people who just want to argue, because you are helping them succeed by doing so.

For normal ones it takes some kind of reverse mega ownage. Since Tom ignores posts that's impossible. He's some incredible uber-|33+age super troll.  To truly put an FE'er or troll in their placem your logic must be perfectly infallible and you have to use their own words and pictures as proof against them.  But this does not work with Tom Bishop because he does not pay attention to posts at all, so no matter how perfectly reasonable your statement is, he can retort with something random and claim that he has won the arguement.  No point in trying.

Will you be paying with cash or credit?
NOTICE:
I believe the Earth is round, and anything I say that suggests the contrary is stated for the spirit of debate.

Also, Viscount Dead Kangaroo > You.

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2007, 04:37:20 PM »
Sorry, this offer did not apply for nerds explaining it.  You should have read the fine print.

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2007, 04:42:11 PM »
Fair enough.  How about this: You called him an idiot for being pointless, and I just explained EXACTLY what his point was.  Therefore he wasn't pointless, therefore he wasn't an idiot, and therefore him calling you pointless still stands.
NOTICE:
I believe the Earth is round, and anything I say that suggests the contrary is stated for the spirit of debate.

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2007, 06:24:36 PM »
No, not really, because what he had to say wasn't all that bright.

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2007, 06:26:16 PM »

You're making a mistake that I made at first, it appears.  You seem to be assuming that just because they insult you, they must disagree with you. 

...no, I just don't like stupid people, regardless of what they believe.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2007, 07:10:39 PM »

John McCall,

Please provide a single reference to a terrestrial experiment which has demonstrated the earth as a globe. This experiment may have been conducted at any point in time by any person who has ever lived.

If you cannot do that, you are the stupid person, I am afraid.

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2007, 09:31:13 PM »

It made perfect sense though, you just weren't bright enough to comprehend it.
NOTICE:

?

Mongrelman

• Blasphemy!
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2007, 09:32:07 PM »

You're making a mistake that I made at first, it appears.  You seem to be assuming that just because they insult you, they must disagree with you. 

I don't see how the person was being stupid.
NOTICE:

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2007, 09:47:50 PM »

John McCall,

Please provide a single reference to a terrestrial experiment which has demonstrated the earth as a globe. This experiment may have been conducted at any point in time by any person who has ever lived.

An experiment that proves Earth not a Globe wrong or the new Fe theory that changes whenever something comes to dissprove it? 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2007, 10:21:03 PM »

John McCall,

Tom keeps forgetting about the Bedford Level Experiment, John (although his point still stands because it's really not that hard to find).  Here is a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedford_Level_experiment

Tom doesn't trust Wikipedia, even though he constantly refers to it. :D
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2007, 10:30:26 PM »
Tom keeps forgetting about the Bedford Level Experiment, John (although his point still stands because it's really not that hard to find).  Here is a link:

Tom doesn't trust Wikipedia, even though he constantly refers to it. Cheesy

The wager between Wallace and Hampden isn't an honest experiment. It was a wager and competition between two second tier scientists for a lot of money. Hampden actually won the wager when the third party neutral observer William Carpenter observed the Bedford Canal to be flat. Carpenter, the referee for the wager, hailed Hampden the winner when the Flat Earth was observed. In response Alfred Russel Wallace, stubborn in his ways, argued vehemently about accurate surveying methods and misaligned pointers and such. Wallace wrote a few letters to various scientific circles declaring himself to be the true winner. The dispute between Hampden and Wallace went on for 15 years. It ended in several death threats and lawsuits. There's a collection of letter exchanges somewhere on the internet.

The referee William Carpenter, inspired by the events, went on to publish a book called "One Hundred Proofs the Earth is Not a Globe."

Even though Wikipedia is a biased source (it declares the earth as round), if you read that link you provided you'll notice that the end of that Wikipedia article mentions an experiment which suggests a Flat Earth.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 10:51:50 PM by Tom Bishop »

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2007, 10:49:46 PM »
I have noticed that actually.  I find it as fascinating as any other unexplained phenomenom I've read or heard about.  Still, you wanted a terrestrial experiment that proves the earth round, and I really think this one qualifies, whether you agree with its veracity or not.

My understanding is that William Carpenter was actually a biased FE proponent who may not have really known what he was talking about.  Here's a link where Wallace himself suggests that, giving his reasoning:

http://www.wku.edu/~smithch/wallace/S162-163.htm

William Carpenter, by the way, wrote one of the FES's standard pieces of literature, "100 Proofs the Earth is Not a Globe".
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2007, 10:52:05 PM »

Tom doesn't trust Wikipedia, even though he constantly refers to it. Cheesy

The wager between Wallace and Hampden isn't an honest experiment. It was a wager and competition between two second tier scientists for a lot of money. Hampden actually won the wager when the third party neutral observer William Carpenter observed the Bedford Canal to be flat. Carpenter, the referee for the wager, hailed Hampden the winner when the Flat Eartth was observed. In response Alfred Russel Wallace, stubborn in his ways, argued vehemently about accurate surveying methods and misaligned pointers and such. Wallace wrote a few letters to various scientific circles declaring himself to be the true winner. The dispute between Hampden and Wallace went on for 15 years. It ended in several death threats and lawsuits. There's a collection of letter exchanges somewhere on the internet.

The referee William Carpenter, inspired by the events, went on to publish a book called "One Hundred Proofs the Earth is Not a Globe."

Even though Wikipedia is a biased source (it declares the earth as round), if you read that link you provided you'll notice that the end of that Wikipedia article mentions an experiment which suggests a Flat Earth.
I think it’s strange they use a man made canal rather then a lake or ocean. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2007, 09:46:01 AM »
Question:

Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel.  Cain killed Abel.  Then he had sons.  Where did his wife come from?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2007, 10:04:35 AM »
Eve copulated with him.

At the time, God had not invented the sin of incest.

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2007, 11:45:50 AM »

I don't see how the person was being stupid.

I'm talking about stupid people overall

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2007, 11:46:48 AM »

It made perfect sense though, you just weren't bright enough to comprehend it.

sorry, I don't speak the language of internet Geeks...so yeah, in that sense, i'm a total idiot

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2007, 11:47:46 AM »

John McCall,

Pythagoras proved it with the wells.
You cannot see a ship when it leaves over the horizon.

There....i gave you TWO.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 11:49:42 AM by John McCall »

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2007, 01:43:59 PM »

Pythagoras proved it with the wells.
You cannot see a ship when it leaves over the horizon.

There....i gave you TWO.
To help him a long a bit, you can't see a ship if it goes over the horizon with an incredibly powerful telescope either.