The Sun's Orbit

• 2 Replies

Arbitrary Man

• I do art.
The Sun's Orbit
« on: June 21, 2019, 10:59:03 PM »
please explain sunsets. one may assume the sun is under the earth, but that doesn't seem to correlate with the other diagrams i've seen.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
Re: The Sun's Orbit
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 01:33:52 AM »
please explain sunsets. one may assume the sun is under the earth, but that doesn't seem to correlate with the other diagrams i've seen.

Due to the lens effect of the dome and the difference in refractive index of light moving in different layers, the sun that appears further away and downside of from where it is located causes the eye to be mistaken as if it was going below ground level with the last refraction of light in atmoflat. we call it as sun setting.
Wise says, "Stop being childish brat!"
I can't, I am rabinoz, I am vaccinated, I am autistic.
::)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: The Sun's Orbit
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 09:20:24 AM »

Due to the lens effect of the dome and the difference in refractive index of light moving in different layers, the sun that appears further away and downside of from where it is located causes the eye to be mistaken as if it was going below ground level with the last refraction of light in atmoflat. we call it as sun setting.
Just out of curiosity, is the sun inside the dome, outside the dome or part of the dome?  Has the refractive index of those different layers been measured?  Can you provide a drawing showing the relationship between the sun, the dome and how the sunset effect is achieved?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.