Round Earth Brainwashing

• 86 Replies
?

I am not Tom Bishop but I can't prove it

• Do you like my new alias? ;)
Re: Round Earth Brainwashing
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2007, 08:24:12 PM »
Oh really?  So there is a puddle of water on the road that knows when I get to a certain distance to disappear.  Sounds like you got some issues, boy.  I don't believe water can detect my presence and makes itself disappear like that.

I think this statement proves what was said about you being to stupid to understand his statement.

And I think you need to go into anger management.

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2007, 08:24:43 PM »
but according to your initial perceptions there is water, it is only after you change your position do you see the truth, it is the same thing with the planet if your location changes then you see the truth

QFT.

Nothing like idiots hanging themselves with their own words.

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2007, 08:25:50 PM »
What he agreed on was, the Earth as a round planet. Prove me wrong.

Einstein said nothing about the shape of the earth. He did say that gravitation was caused by the acceleration of mass, however. He did not believe in gravity as a force.

He said acceleration could simulate gravitation. However, according to the rest of his theory (which you conveniently discard), mass curves space-time, producing an effect also recognized as gravitation. Are you telling me you're smarter than Einstein about physics? If so, then why are you even using his theories? Stick to your (meaningless) degree in geology, Bishop.

Dr. Rowbotham was well ahead of his time on that issue, too. The light from the full moon creates positive ions in the air, which can affect human and animal behavior.

http://www.policeops.com/full-moon-ion-effect.htm

Really? I haven't heard anyone rotting away or being blinded by the moonlight. Try again.

The link you posted, as usual, is only semi-relevant to what "Sammy says." Besides, I'm fairly certain the website is a hoax. Something doesn't feel right about it, but I won't go into my reasons at the moment. The thread has already been sidetracked enough as it is.
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

?

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2007, 08:26:34 PM »
but according to your initial perceptions there is water, it is only after you change your position do you see the truth, it is the same thing with the planet if your location changes then you see the truth

According to round earth theory, yes... But see, I can't change my location to "see" the earth is round.  I've been to Asia, Europe, etc.  It always looks flat to me.

?

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2007, 08:28:11 PM »

QFT.

Nothing like idiots hanging themselves with their own words.

Nothing like people who can't accept others with different views.  You got serious control issues.  Please deal with it.  It's really annoying.

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2007, 08:28:43 PM »
You don't have to trust me.  Just trust yourself and seek out answers.  Don't believe in everything the government tells you.

I don't. Don't trust everything your senses tell you.

And whatever about staying on topic.  What's the crime of telling someone to back off.  I don't like people who personally attack me.  We have a right to express our beliefs here.

You did more than that, please review your own posts for proof, and perceive the answer.

IT IS A SITE FOR PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THE EARTH IS FLAT.

Do you get it yet?

And this is a forum to discuss and debate that theory, did you get that?

What makes you think i'm angry? I hope you didn't rely on your senses for that information.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2007, 08:30:22 PM »
It's pathetic to the extreme that you Round Earthers cannot defend your own Globularist belief system, and so you resort to profanity and insults in a debate. You'd be better off keeping those vile indulgences to yourselves.

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2007, 08:30:46 PM »
According to round earth theory, yes... But see, I can't change my location to "see" the earth is round.  I've been to Asia, Europe, etc.  It always looks flat to me.

But have you ever been to really high altitude?
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2007, 08:30:57 PM »
Are you telling me you're smarter than Einstein about physics? If so, then why are you even using his theories? Stick to your (meaningless) degree in geology, Bishop.

lololol :)
GPS does not require satellites, fortunately it uses it.

« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2007, 08:31:33 PM »
Nothing like people who can't accept others with different views.  You got serious control issues.  Please deal with it.  It's really annoying.
I accept and respect your views. They're just wrong. I control nothing and no one, only myself and what i do. Please deal with that, because the assumptions that you make about my personality are very annoying.

?

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2007, 08:33:34 PM »
You don't have to trust me.  Just trust yourself and seek out answers.  Don't believe in everything the government tells you.

I don't. Don't trust everything your senses tell you.

And whatever about staying on topic.  What's the crime of telling someone to back off.  I don't like people who personally attack me.  We have a right to express our beliefs here.

You did more than that, please review your own posts for proof, and perceive the answer.

IT IS A SITE FOR PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THE EARTH IS FLAT.

Do you get it yet?

And this is a forum to discuss and debate that theory, did you get that?

What makes you think i'm angry? I hope you didn't rely on your senses for that information.

Oh, I did more than that...right, after being told that I'm idiot, imbecile, etc.  Oh let me guess, you get to spew whatever you want at me but I'm supposed to remain a gentleman.  Why don't you just back off lady.

Yes, and we are debating... but you seem to have a very narrow definition of what counts as debate.  I think the moderators can decide what is and isn't allowed.  Who made you in control of this forum?

So you're not angry?  Cool?  Best friends then? :)

?

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2007, 08:37:41 PM »
It's pathetic to the extreme that you Round Earthers cannot defend your own Globularist belief system, and so you resort to profanity and insults in a debate. You'd be better off keeping those vile indulgences to yourselves.

Yeah, I know, this is so dumb.

This reminds me, I knew this guy who was so frustrated by those fundamentalists.  He said they were always bugging him and trying to get him to convert.  So I delved a little further, because I don't get bothered by them.  Turns out whenever he spotted one on the street, he would go up to them and start getting angry and debate them and all that.  He pursued them.

Same thing here.  These people who think flat earth people are deranged, they purposely come to this site and tell us we are full of it.  It's like walking into a church and telling everyone they believe in the wrong God.

What is it with these people???

?

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2007, 08:39:19 PM »
I accept and respect your views. They're just wrong. I control nothing and no one, only myself and what i do. Please deal with that, because the assumptions that you make about my personality are very annoying.

Well, it didn't sound like that a minute ago.  You were using swear words.  Not that that's a problem, but since you weren't using it before and then started using it, I figured you were mad.  But since you're not, then no worries.  Everything's cool, right? :D

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2007, 08:39:25 PM »
Oh, I did more than that...right, after being told that I'm idiot, imbecile, etc.  Oh let me guess, you get to spew whatever you want at me but I'm supposed to remain a gentleman.  Why don't you just back off lady.

I called you an imbecile after i said you went off topic. I said Akira was giving out orders and some other bullshit, again, review your own posts.
Yes, and we are debating... but you seem to have a very narrow definition of what counts as debate.  I think the moderators can decide what is and isn't allowed.  Who made you in control of this forum?

I never said what i do and don't consider debating, nor do you have sufficient experience to logically come to that conclusion. About control, review my post, as i have addressed that already.

So you're not angry?  Cool?  Best friends then?

Let's not go to extremes here. I'm not angry at you, but i'm certainly not your friend either. I can have one without the other can't i?

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2007, 08:41:39 PM »

I called you an imbecile after i said you went off topic. I said Akira was giving out orders and some other bullshit, again, review your own posts.

I never said what i do and don't consider debating, nor do you have sufficient experience to logically come to that conclusion. About control, review my post, as i have addressed that already.

Let's not go to extremes here. I'm not angry at you, but i'm certainly not your friend either. I can have one without the other can't i?

Why don't you just back off lady.

I almost missed that one. I'm a guy. You're senses deceive you yet again.

?

« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2007, 08:42:53 PM »

I think Akira telling me I'm full of shit was uncalled for.  I'm not just going to sit here and take it.

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2007, 08:44:35 PM »
Alright, i'll give you that, and i'll apologize for calling you an imbecile. I don't think you should have twisted his words the way you did though.

?

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2007, 08:47:36 PM »

Why don't you just back off lady.

I almost missed that one. I'm a guy. You're senses deceive you yet again.

Oh I see, I'm not supposed to be deceived by who's who on the Internet.  Only round earth theorists are allowed to confuse me with Tom.  Okay, got it.  So this proves the earth is round right?  Yeah, okay, got it.  Oh fuck, I'm getting off topic.  I'm also cursing.  Oh shit.  I can't control myself.  I might revert back to a round earth theorist soon.  I'm acting the way I used to be before I converted. :P

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 08:51:47 PM by TruthSeeker »

?

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2007, 08:50:08 PM »
Alright, i'll give you that, and i'll apologize for calling you an imbecile. I don't think you should have twisted his words the way you did though.

I seriously didn't understand why Akira came out like that, out of nowhere too.  It was wierd.

Anyway, I apologize for whatever abraisive style of talk I might have engaged in.  I'm getting kinda hyper, I think I need to calm down. lol

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2007, 08:51:11 PM »
Oh I see, I'm not supposed to be deceived by who's who on the Internet.  Only round earth theorists are allowed to confuse me with Tom.  Okay, got it.  So this prove the earth is round right?  Yeah, okay, got it.  Oh fuck, I'm getting off topic.  I'm also cursing.  Oh shit.  I can't control myself.  I might revert back to a round earth theorist soon.  I'm acting the way I used to be before I converted.

Words being put into my mouth right there. People's senses deceive them, i don't think you're Tom, others did. This thread isn't about proving a round earth, you should know, you started it after all. We are simply trying to point out to you that trusting only your senses is not viable if you are looking for truth.

?

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2007, 09:00:31 PM »
Oh I see, I'm not supposed to be deceived by who's who on the Internet.  Only round earth theorists are allowed to confuse me with Tom.  Okay, got it.  So this prove the earth is round right?  Yeah, okay, got it.  Oh fuck, I'm getting off topic.  I'm also cursing.  Oh shit.  I can't control myself.  I might revert back to a round earth theorist soon.  I'm acting the way I used to be before I converted.

Words being put into my mouth right there. People's senses deceive them, i don't think you're Tom, others did. This thread isn't about proving a round earth, you should know, you started it after all. We are simply trying to point out to you that trusting only your senses is not viable if you are looking for truth.

Point taken... it's senses plus how you process the information you are given.  But in the end, whether you rely on your eyes or a computer or a formula, you are making a subjective judgment inside your head.  People who rely on mathematics and such tend to think that these truths exist independently of human consciousness.  That's debatable, but my point is, it's humans who ultimately decide what's truth.

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2007, 09:05:38 PM »
Absolutely it is humans who decide what is truth. But, it is the collective perception of third parties that decide what one claims to be true to be actually true. I.E., it is not me and my senses that decide what is true, but me, my senses, and third party perspective. I can't do it alone, my senses can decieve me, but if other people observe the same thing i do, then the probability of it being true is far greater.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2007, 09:47:57 PM »

"Globularist".  Tom, I love the words you use. :D

Is it okay if I call you "flatulent"?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2007, 10:47:58 PM »
Absolutely it is humans who decide what is truth. But, it is the collective perception of third parties that decide what one claims to be true to be actually true. I.E., it is not me and my senses that decide what is true, but me, my senses, and third party perspective. I can't do it alone, my senses can decieve me, but if other people observe the same thing i do, then the probability of it being true is far greater.

Consider a problem associated with a difficulty metric. Give the problem to a randomly selected population sample. When the problem is easy, 80% of the sample solves. As the difficulty level of the problem increases, less and less people in the sample are able to correctly solve the problem. Suppose the whole sample is to provide one solution, decided by blind majority among each solutions from the members of the sample. As the problem's difficulty level increases, the probability of the collective solution given by the sample to be correct decreases. The collective should never decide.

?

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2007, 11:53:01 PM »

Consider a problem associated with a difficulty metric. Give the problem to a randomly selected population sample. When the problem is easy, 80% of the sample solves. As the difficulty level of the problem increases, less and less people in the sample are able to correctly solve the problem. Suppose the whole sample is to provide one solution, decided by blind majority among each solutions from the members of the sample. As the problem's difficulty level increases, the probability of the collective solution given by the sample to be correct decreases. The collective should never decide.

But isn't this how science currently works though?  What the majority of scientists can agree on becomes established theory.  Most scientists believe in the big bang, but there are other scientists who have other theories.  Most scientists believe a virus causes AIDS, but there are some scientists out there who dispute that.  It seems to me that there is a lot of subjectivity involved.  So is there another system that you propose?

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2007, 12:03:19 AM »
What the majority of scientists can agree on becomes established theory
It's even worst than that. What the majority of scientist believe is confirmed by skewed empirical data provided by grad students who really need to get results to obtain their phd (and who themselves believe what the majority of scientists believe). There is a better system. It's called capitalism. People buy the result of good science, so that's an incentive. 

As far as I'm concerned, they might have faked the moon landings, but they are not faking space tourism.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2007, 12:06:26 AM »
It comes down to the consensus, Tomseeker.  Mainstream, respected scientists agree on all three of the following:

1) the Earth is round.

2) The universe began with the Big Bang.

3) AIDS is caused by a virus (it's pretty tough to dispute this, Tom).

This is far more important than you give it credit for.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?