Round Earth Brainwashing

• 86 Replies
?

I am not Tom Bishop but I can't prove it

• Do you like my new alias? ;)
Re: Round Earth Brainwashing
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2007, 07:55:10 PM »
I can't believe this idiot created a thread with such low arguments in it. Go back to school.

Here comes that dog barking at me again.  All he can do is spit insults at me.  How about learning some manners, boy.

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2007, 07:57:02 PM »
And I would say valid illusions in real life would be dreams (no, I don't believe what is happening in my dreams are real), the illusion of water on a hot road, etc.  These are encountered in daily life.  But the earth being round, or Everest being the tallest, or light being the fastest is not something I encounter.

No one has time to hear your whiny opinions. Who cares what you encounter and don't. You are misdirected in this whole thing, and I don't pity you, dimwit.
GPS does not require satellites, fortunately it uses it.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2007, 07:57:13 PM »
By the same book which says this:

Dr. Rowbotham was well ahead of his time on that issue, too. The light from the full moon creates positive ions in the air, which can affect human and animal behavior.

http://www.policeops.com/full-moon-ion-effect.htm
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 07:59:49 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2007, 07:58:14 PM »
And I would say valid illusions in real life would be dreams (no, I don't believe what is happening in my dreams are real), the illusion of water on a hot road, etc.  These are encountered in daily life.  But the earth being round, or Everest being the tallest, or light being the fastest is not something I encounter.

No one has time to hear your whiny opinions. Who cares what you encounter and don't. You are misdirected in this whole thing, and I don't pity you, you dimwit.

If you don't have time, then stop reading my posts.  No one forced you.  You seem to think the world is here to babysit you and make you happy.  Please go back to your room and do your homework.  It's almost bedtime.

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2007, 07:59:06 PM »
Rowbotham was well ahead of his time on that issue, too. The light from the full moon does create positive ions in the air, which can affect human and animal behavior.

Hey Tom, you faggot. I told you to stop bringing up that idiot's name again, unless you still want to hear arguments from me regarding Einstein being more superior than your stupid idol Rowbotham. That guy is full of shit, so are you.

?

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2007, 08:00:19 PM »
Rowbotham was well ahead of his time on that issue, too. The light from the full moon does create positive ions in the air, which can affect human and animal behavior.

Hey Tom, you faggot. I told you to stop bringing up that idiot's name again, unless you still want to hear arguments from me regarding Einstein being more superior than your stupid idol Rowbotham. That guy is full of shit, so are you.

Oh, and now you're gay bashing.  Are you an Anne Coulter fan?

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2007, 08:01:21 PM »
If you don't have time, then stop reading my posts.  No one forced you.  You seem to think the world is here to babysit you and make you happy.  Please go back to your room and do your homework.  It's almost bedtime.

I never intended for a second to read your hilariously idiotic posts. Obviously, I'm here to let others know how full of shit and narrow minded you are, that they should ignore your loneliness of perspective alone. You can go play horse dick ridings with Tom.

?

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2007, 08:02:01 PM »

I never intended for a second to read your hilariously idiotic posts. Obviously, I'm here to let others know how full of shit and narrow minded you are, that they should ignore your loneliness of perspective alone. You can go play horse dick ridings with Tom.

Because they can't think for themselves?  What an insult to them.

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2007, 08:03:47 PM »

I warned the FE'ers not to bring up anyone's name that they IDOLIZE here to try and disprove the Earth being round, because I can mention other greater physicists' name that had no problem knowing the Earth as a round planet. If you don't like my offensive actions towards the FE idiots, what is it that you're willing to do? Nothing. Just like the FE pussies.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 08:04:48 PM »
Einstein agreed with our mechanism for gravity, dumbshoe.  ::)

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 08:05:39 PM »
Because they can't think for themselves?  What an insult to them.

Nope, they're just too nice towards you. They didn't make you feel so lonely with your dumb thoughts, they argue with you to comfort you that your thread is worth-the-talk, when in fact it does not.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 08:06:02 PM »

You're a saint, akira. ::)
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2007, 08:06:26 PM »
Einstein agreed with our mechanism for gravity, dumbshoe.  ::)

What he agreed on was, the Earth as a round planet. Prove me wrong.

?

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2007, 08:07:36 PM »

I warned the FE'ers not to bring up anyone's name that they IDOLIZE here to try and disprove the Earth being round, because I can mention other greater physicists' name that had no problem knowing the Earth as a round planet. If you don't like my offensive actions towards the FE idiots, what is it that you're willing to do? Nothing. Just like the FE pussies.

You warned?  What, are you giving orders that we're supposed to obey?  And what are you going to do about us posting about flat earth theory?  Last I checked, this website is theflatearthsociety.org.  What on earth did you expect?

Perhaps you're going to come track us down using your globe (ha!) and beat us up? :P

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 08:07:42 PM »
The argument that my senses can fail me is a valid one.  And yes, it is possible that my senses are deceiving me.  But I would argue the same applies to round earth theorists.  In their case, their "senses" (i.e. formulas, computers) can be deceiving them.  It's a matter of what you believe in more, your senses, or some computer spitting out mumbo jumbo formulas.

No one ever claimed our senses were computers and formulas, you did that. If you're going to sit there and tell me i shouldn't trust a calculator to tell me 1+1=2, you're the one that can't be trusted. Computers spitting out "mumbo jumbo" formulas help save peoples lives, keep your plane in the air, and even help you pass your math test. You need to understand, a person creates these formulas and then tells a computer what the answer is, so the computer can tell me.

To prove the earth is flat, I did the beach-horizon-take-a-picture-draw-a-straight-line-using-a-ruler test.  I know you guys will say it's just an illusion, but I believe this isn't the case.  I believe computers and mathematical formulas are producing an illusion.

Post the picture, because if the picture isn't wide enough, or the ruler spat out some mumbo jumbo, you might have made a mistake.

My evidence for a conspiracy is not direct evidence, yes I'll admit that.  It's not like I came across some document that spelled this all out.  But based on the fact that the majority of the world believes in something which I consider to be an illusion and I believe that my senses are not deceiving me, I conclude that there is conspiracy to cover up the truth.  I can't think of another explanation.

This argument is absolutely ridiculous. First, you don't have indirect evidence, you have zero evidence. What you have is a guess, or a hypothesis at best. Because you admit you have no evidence of a conspiracy, you must also admit there is no "truth" to cover up. This is because admittance of absence of evidence is admittance that you don't know the truth. All you have is a psychological perception which you dogmatically believe is correct.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2007, 08:07:46 PM »

Einstein said nothing about the shape of the earth. He did say that gravitation was caused by the acceleration of mass, however. He did not believe in gravity as a force.

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2007, 08:09:33 PM »
but you know they are illusions, that would be a contradiction of your perception of the earth because if you trust your senses with regards to the earth why do you not trust your perceptions of these Illusions. the fact that most of the things I believe can be reproduced in everyday life reinforces my beliefs. Now Some of the stuff can be hard to grasp especially in quantum theory.(My favorite being the possibility that you could just fall through the floor at any given time due to our E-Fields Meshing)
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2007, 08:09:40 PM »

Einstein said nothing about the shape of the earth. He did say that gravitation was caused by the acceleration of mass, however. Perfectly in tune with FE.

Yes he said nothing, *ring*, how retarded can you be? God, even my grandfather didn't lose that much intelligence.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2007, 08:11:30 PM »
Yes he said nothing, *ring*, how retarded can you be? God, even my grandfather didn't lose that much intelligence.

Einstein did not study the shape of the world.

Dr. Rowbotham did, however.

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2007, 08:13:26 PM »

Einstein did not study the shape of the world.

Dr. Rowbotham did, however.

Again, assumptions. And guess what? It's a false assumption again. How in the world did you know he didn't study the shape of the world? Because he never mentioned anything about the Earth being flat? Is this what you expected he'd say if he studied the shape of this Earth? That's just ridiculous Tom, very oh so very ridiculous.

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2007, 08:14:05 PM »
You warned?  What, are you giving orders that we're supposed to obey?  And what are you going to do about us posting about flat earth theory?  Last I checked, this website is thteflatearthsociety.org.  What on earth did you expect?

Perhaps you're going to come track us down using your globe (ha!) and beat us up?

Why don't you stay on topic and quit trying to turn people against each other. Nobody ever gave orders to anyone, don't put words in peoples' mouths. He's addressing you, not the entire flat earth theory. He's warning people of fucking imbeciles, such as yourself. Imbeciles that say the earth is flat because that's what i perceive through my senses. How do you know the camera you used to take your picture of beach didn't drop some mumbo jumbo in the image to foil you're measurements? If you shut up and think for a second, you'll realize you trust computers and machines more than you trust yourself.

?

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2007, 08:14:13 PM »
The argument that my senses can fail me is a valid one.  And yes, it is possible that my senses are deceiving me.  But I would argue the same applies to round earth theorists.  In their case, their "senses" (i.e. formulas, computers) can be deceiving them.  It's a matter of what you believe in more, your senses, or some computer spitting out mumbo jumbo formulas.

No one ever claimed our senses were computers and formulas, you did that. If you're going to sit there and tell me i shouldn't trust a calculator to tell me 1+1=2, you're the one that can't be trusted. Computers spitting out "mumbo jumbo" formulas help save peoples lives, keep your plane in the air, and even help you pass your math test. You need to understand, a person creates these formulas and then tells a computer what the answer is, so the computer can tell me.

To prove the earth is flat, I did the beach-horizon-take-a-picture-draw-a-straight-line-using-a-ruler test.  I know you guys will say it's just an illusion, but I believe this isn't the case.  I believe computers and mathematical formulas are producing an illusion.

Post the picture, because if the picture isn't wide enough, or the ruler spat out some mumbo jumbo, you might have made a mistake.

My evidence for a conspiracy is not direct evidence, yes I'll admit that.  It's not like I came across some document that spelled this all out.  But based on the fact that the majority of the world believes in something which I consider to be an illusion and I believe that my senses are not deceiving me, I conclude that there is conspiracy to cover up the truth.  I can't think of another explanation.

This argument is absolutely ridiculous. First, you don't have indirect evidence, you have zero evidence. What you have is a guess, or a hypothesis at best. Because you admit you have no evidence of a conspiracy, you must also admit there is no "truth" to cover up. This is because admittance of absence of evidence is admittance that you don't know the truth. All you have is a psychological perception which you dogmatically believe is correct.

I can trust a calculator to do 1 + 1 = 2.  I can verify that.  But when it comes to the number that is supposed to be the height of Everest, how can I verify that?  Tell me.

And about your last point, I can say that round earth theorists have a psychological perception which they dogmatically believe is correct as well.

?

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2007, 08:14:51 PM »
You warned?  What, are you giving orders that we're supposed to obey?  And what are you going to do about us posting about flat earth theory?  Last I checked, this website is thteflatearthsociety.org.  What on earth did you expect?

Perhaps you're going to come track us down using your globe (ha!) and beat us up?

Why don't you stay on topic and quit trying to turn people against each other. Nobody ever gave orders to anyone, don't put words in peoples' mouths. He's addressing you, not the entire flat earth theory. He's warning people of fucking imbeciles, such as yourself. Imbeciles that say the earth is flat because that's what i perceive through my senses. How do you know the camera you used to take your picture of beach didn't drop some mumbo jumbo in the image to foil you're measurements? If you shut up and think for a second, you'll realize you trust computers and machines more than you trust yourself.

Why don't you stay on topic?

Edit: Also, I trust the camera because I can confirm that I saw what I took a picture of earlier.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 08:19:45 PM by TruthSeeker »

?

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2007, 08:16:43 PM »
but you know they are illusions, that would be a contradiction of your perception of the earth because if you trust your senses with regards to the earth why do you not trust your perceptions of these Illusions. the fact that most of the things I believe can be reproduced in everyday life reinforces my beliefs. Now Some of the stuff can be hard to grasp especially in quantum theory.(My favorite being the possibility that you could just fall through the floor at any given time due to our E-Fields Meshing)

No, see, I go up to the mirage on the road and there is no water there.  I can prove it's an illusion.  I wake up from a dream where I was talking to a friend, I ask my friend if we really did talk and he says no.  I can confirm that.  But I can't verify the earth is round, Everest is the tallest, and the speed of light is the fastest.

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2007, 08:18:20 PM »
No, see, I go up to the mirage on the road and there is no water there.  I can prove it's an illusion.  I wake up from a dream where I was talking to a friend, I ask my friend if we really did talk and he says no.  I can confirm that.  But I can't verify the earth is round, Everest is the tallest, and the speed of light is the fastest.

Really, most of that isn't an illusion. You're just retarded, and you'll never realize it alone.

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2007, 08:20:42 PM »
I can trust a calculator to do 1 + 1 = 2.  I can verify that.  But when it comes to the number that is supposed to be the height of Everest, how can I verify that?  Tell me.

No no no, you said you can only trust your senses to find the truth, so i can't trust you to verify that for me, sorry. You see how this doesn't work very well? You must be terrified behind the wheel of a car, since well.... a computer spit out all the calculations for crucial parts in that car.

Why don't you?

I've been on topic the whole thread, you haven't. I was even on topic in that post you quoted, and even this post still. Although, i see you didn't deny my claim that you trust yourself less than machines.

?

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2007, 08:20:52 PM »

Really, most of that isn't an illusion. You're just retarded, and you'll never realize it alone.

Oh really?  So there is a puddle of water on the road that knows when I get to a certain distance to disappear.  Sounds like you got some issues, boy.  I don't believe water can detect my presence and makes itself disappear like that.

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2007, 08:21:07 PM »
but according to your initial perceptions there is water, it is only after you change your position do you see the truth, it is the same thing with the planet if your location changes then you see the truth
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2007, 08:22:57 PM »
Oh really?  So there is a puddle of water on the road that knows when I get to a certain distance to disappear.  Sounds like you got some issues, boy.  I don't believe water can detect my presence and makes itself disappear like that.

I think this statement proves what was said about you being to stupid to understand his statement.

?

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2007, 08:23:21 PM »

No no no, you said you can only trust your senses to find the truth, so i can't trust you to verify that for me, sorry. You see how this doesn't work very well? You must be terrified behind the wheel of a car, since well.... a computer spit out all the calculations for crucial parts in that car.

Why don't you?

I've been on topic the whole thread, you haven't. I was even on topic in that post you quoted, and even this post still. Although, i see you didn't deny my claim that you trust yourself less than machines.

You don't have to trust me.  Just trust yourself and seek out answers.  Don't believe in everything the government tells you.

And whatever about staying on topic.  What's the crime of telling someone to back off.  I don't like people who personally attack me.  We have a right to express our beliefs here.

IT IS A SITE FOR PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THE EARTH IS FLAT.

Do you get it yet?