Photographic Evidence Of A Round Earth - Refutation Required

• 133 Replies

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: Photographic Evidence Of A Round Earth - Refutation Required
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2007, 01:29:21 PM »
I'll defer this to Tom.  I bet he's laughing his head off that all of you think we are the same.  Man, you guys have really lost it...

You both crap on with a lot of shit, so I'm inclined to believe that you are the same.

And also the strange and highly coincidental disappearance of Tom at the exact same time you appeared.

Anyway...you're a crackpot - a nuclear bomb large enough to blow the top off Everest would have left detectable quantities of radiation, of which there are none.

I never said you needed a nuclear bomb to blow the top off of Everest.  They could have used conventional explosives.

I also said you would probably need a nuclear bomb to destroy an entire mountain.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were other mountains that were nuked to keep the conspiracy going.

And one more thing... let's for argument's sake said nuclear weapons were used to lower the height of Everest.  When's the last time you went there with a Geiger counter?

It's amazing how many assumptions you guys make and call it evidence.  Learn to question your government.

Its amazing how you make up theories and then get made when we dont treat them as real.  Well in that case, heres my theroy.  They tried to nuck Mt Everest but the believers had a SDI program to stop them. 

Get mad?  I'm not mad, oh no... you guys are projecting your own feelings.  You are free to believe in what you want.  I'm just asking you to open your eyes and question government instead of going along with every single "official explanation" out there.  Think for yourself.

I will open my eyes when you have some evidence. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2007, 01:30:21 PM »
How's about learning common sense?

And what's common sense?  That the earth is round?  That I'm really Tom?  Who's teaching this class in "common sense?"  You?

Common sense that you couldn't blow the top off a mountain without at least a few people noticing..

And yes I'm teaching the common sense class and frankly you're heading for a fail young man!

Who said a few people didn't notice?  Just because it didn't say so in wikipedia?  Did you go around the Himalayas asking the locals if they or their parents noticed any changes in Everest over the last decades?  I don't think so. 

It's a pretty big deal blowing the top of a mountain off, I think the news would have spread further than just the locals...
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

I am not Tom Bishop but I can't prove it

• Do you like my new alias? ;)
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2007, 01:32:09 PM »
Ok, this whole measuring the height of Everest sounds like measuring the speed of light.

Exactly.  They can't prove it but they keep insisting that Everest is the tallest mountain on earth.

You can’t prove their measurements are wrong.  And they do know what the speed of light is.

I'm not proving they are wrong.  I'm questioning whether the measurements are correct.  The truth is NO ONE knows how tall Everest is.

Speed of light, hahahahahahaha... when's the last time you went the speed of light in your car and looked down at the odometer?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2007, 01:33:17 PM »
Ok, this whole measuring the height of Everest sounds like measuring the speed of light.

Exactly.  They can't prove it but they keep insisting that Everest is the tallest mountain on earth.

You can’t prove their measurements are wrong.  And they do know what the speed of light is.

I'm not proving they are wrong.  I'm questioning whether the measurements are correct.  The truth is NO ONE knows how tall Everest is.

Speed of light, hahahahahahaha... when's the last time you went the speed of light in your car and looked down at the odometer?

Learn physics then talk.  Thats not how they found the speed of light.   
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2007, 01:35:44 PM »
Let me guess... they used computers...

By the way, I heard the "conventional wisdom" that nothing can go faster than the speed of light.  Is there a "proof" for that too?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2007, 01:43:38 PM »

By the way, I heard the "conventional wisdom" that nothing can go faster than the speed of light.  Is there a "proof" for that too?

Computers weren’t around when they figured out the speed of light.  Try again.

There are equations that say nothing can go faster then the speed of light.  You can believe them or not believe them.   
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2007, 01:48:14 PM »

Computers weren’t around when they figured out the speed of light.  Try again.

There are equations that say nothing can go faster then the speed of light.  You can believe them or not believe them.   

Oh, so I get to choose whether to believe in these equations or not!  So do I also get to choose whether to believe that the equations to measure the speed of light are correct?  Or whether to believe the equations that were used to calculate the height of Everest are right?  How about whether to believe the earth is flat or round?

Let me guess... some things I can choose but others I can't.  Do you have a proof for that as well?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 01:50:59 PM by TruthSeeker »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2007, 01:53:35 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light#Measurement_of_the_speed_of_light
Read it for yourself for all that I care.  Fe'ers chose to ignore facts all the time.  And I know you fall into that category.  Just because you don’t believe in equations doesn't mean you don't follow them.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2007, 01:58:06 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light#Measurement_of_the_speed_of_light
Read it for yourself for all that I care.  Fe'ers chose to ignore facts all the time.  And I know you fall into that category.  Just because you don’t believe in equations doesn't mean you don't follow them.

And what are facts?  Facts are theories and equations that you choose to believe.

I choose to believe the earth is flat.  So there. :P

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2007, 01:58:49 PM »
Well I'm glad that's all settled. We can all believe what we want. Lets go home now.
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2007, 01:59:25 PM »

And like I said, that doesn't mean it actually is. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2007, 02:02:15 PM »

That's correct.  Just because you guys believe the earth is round and have all these complex formulas and computers to prove it doesn't mean it is round.  You all live on this flat earth with me.  But if you want to go along with what the government says and live in ignorance, be my guest.  There are more and more people coming here every day who are questioning what they were told in school.  You can't stop the truth.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2007, 02:05:15 PM »

That's correct.  Just because you guys believe the earth is round and have all these complex formulas and computers to prove it doesn't mean it is round.  You all live on this flat earth with me.  But if you want to go along with what the government says and live in ignorance, be my guest.  There are more and more people coming here every day who are questioning what they were told in school.  You can't stop the truth.

Wha..wha..what? You gotta stick the believe bit in before flat earth as well as round. You can't say that your "truth" is definitly fact while ours is just belief.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2007, 02:05:38 PM »
I go along with astronomy, as does the government. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2007, 02:07:34 PM »

The government which is part of the conspiracy...

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2007, 02:09:54 PM »

The government which is part of the conspiracy...

The conspiracy which doesn't exist if the earth is round, which is what we're going for...

?

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2007, 02:10:47 PM »
Yeah... "if".... some rock solid belief you guys have...

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2007, 02:12:54 PM »
Hey I'm a fencesitter anyway.

But I'm pretty sure Sokarul is confidence the Earth is round.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2007, 02:14:02 PM »
Yeah... "if".... some rock solid belief you guys have...

The government cannot control hundreds of thousands of astronomers. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2007, 02:14:39 PM »

I'm glad you are at least open minded enough... for people like yourself, there is hope... those who stubbornly cling to government dogma are more worrisome...

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2007, 02:16:14 PM »
 ::) but you'll never convince me the Earth is flat Tom. It'll take someone with brainpower and proof...

?

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2007, 02:21:37 PM »
::) but you'll never convince me the Earth is flat Tom. It'll take someone with brainpower and proof...

But I think Tom deserves to be listened to with an open mind.  I'm nowhere as wise as he is.  I'm just a little man.  He's studied, he's conducted experiments, he's thought this all through.

And no, I'm not Tom.  I haven't read that book he keeps quoting from.  That's why I stay away from the details.  Tom is better equipped to answer questions about how exactly flat earth theory works.

I wish he'd come back here and continue with his eloquent proofs.  I've learned so much from him already.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2007, 02:22:01 PM »

I'm glad you are at least open minded enough... for people like yourself, there is hope... those who stubbornly cling to government dogma are more worrisome...

I believe the earth is round from what I have seen and what science tells me.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2007, 02:24:31 PM »

But I think Tom deserves to be listened to with an open mind.  I'm nowhere as wise as he is.  I'm just a little man.  He's studied, he's conducted experiments, he's thought this all through.

And no, I'm not Tom.  I haven't read that book he keeps quoting from.  That's why I stay away from the details.  Tom is better equipped to answer questions about how exactly flat earth theory works.

I wish he'd come back here and continue with his eloquent proofs.  I've learned so much from him already.

Tom is a troll, albeit a very good, but a troll nonetheless.

And he is back, in at least two forms, as you very well know.

spherehead

• Student of OSU
Re: Photographic Evidence! Heehee
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2007, 02:59:32 PM »

Another to the same effect. This is Everest, still receiving the sun's light due to its high altitude. It is not affiliated with NASA or the space program so FEers who were gonna scream 'conspiracy!' over the OP can think of a different argument. You can explain this, right guys?

this is a good question. Please answer it FE'ers. Quit dodging the original question with the BS about Everest's actual height....it does nothing to prove why their is a distinct shaddow line on that mountain.
round on the sides and "hi" in the middle

oh, and the earth is round too

?

« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2007, 03:14:42 PM »
Check this out... this doesn't prove that Everest was bombed, but it does show that the region was involved in nuclear tests during the Cold War.

Hidden deep in the Garwahl Himalayas and protected by a wall of high peaks, is Nanda Devi. Her story is one of childhood dreams, tragic fates and atomic espionage. The mountain has two summits: The main one at 7816m (25,643ft) and the other, Nanda Devi East, at 7434m (24,389ft). The inner circle within the surrounding mountains is the Nanda Devi Sanctuary—an amphitheater seventy miles in circumference and 6000m high (19,685 ft.).

Climbers are not allowed to enter. In this 2 part series, we take a look at why. Yesterday, Shipton and Tilman found a way in the Sanctuary and , two years later, Tilman led the first expedition to the summit of Nanda Devi. Today, the final entry in the series.

Part 2: Nuclear temptations

Nuclear Alarm

During the middle of the Cold War in 1965, the CIA suspected the Chinese military of testing missiles in Tibet and wanted to put a spy device on the summit of a Himalayan peak to keep watch. They considered Everest and Kangchenjunga but decided against them because of the difficult climb with the heavy load. They eventually chose Nanda Devi; it was high, isolated, and a perfect observation peak. To ensure the device’s durability once up there, they used a nuclear-powered core of plutonium-238.

The CIA recruited a group of American and Indian climbers to complete the mission. But even on a CIA expedition, things can go wrong…and things did. During the climb, the team was caught in a storm. The climbers retreated and left their packs in a cache. But when the sky cleared, no one was able to find the cache, including a pack containing a radiation-oozing gadget. In the following months, three top-secret searching expeditions looked for it , but couldn’t find it: A nuclear device was missing on Nanda Devi.

http://www.mounteverest.net/story/NandaDeviTheforbiddenmountain,part2Feb222005.shtml

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »
That's interesting

spherehead

• Student of OSU
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2007, 03:17:38 PM »
who gives a shit if it was bombed, answer the damn sunlight question.
round on the sides and "hi" in the middle

oh, and the earth is round too

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2007, 03:54:01 PM »
I've told you already about the boat effect on page one. The sinking ship effect is why there is a distinct line of sunlight. Go back and read it.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2007, 03:58:21 PM »
I did, but it doesn't make any sense. The sun is 3000 miles up, and not in contact with the Earth's surface at any point. This means that an observer on Everest, on a Flat Earth, would observe a horizon at his eye level. The best the sun could do is become very close to eye level by moving away. Parallel with eye level still puts it at 29,000 feet, well above any other object. And there aren't any waves near Everest.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
The universe has already expanded forever

Quote from: Proverbs 24:17
Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.