Proof is not spelt c-o-n-s-p-i-r-a-c-y

• 19 Replies
« on: March 03, 2006, 10:08:40 PM »
Hey everyone, I discovered this site a few weeks ago and have since then being fightin for round-earthers on the angry rantings page but i can't get sense out of anyone. Please be sensible by giving me some solid proof and not some conspiracy rubish.

Every photo i've seen of the round earth has been automatically dismissed as a photoshop job. The catch is that most of the pictures i've seen were taken before photoshop existed, in the 60's. I have seen a rendered photo of the flat earth, which is a genuine photoshop job as the editor admitted it was not finished, but i still have seen no proof whatsoever of this fabled 'ice wall' of such epic proportions. None of you seem to use maths to prove anything, you just say t's true, so pleaze explain why this wall exists only around the perimiter of the flat earth and why all the other planets are round. As far as theories go i've read theories of space suttles being used to smuggle cocainne and OJ Simpson being arrested for bis role in Capricorn 1, not for the murder of his wife. PLease shed some light on the issue, and not hot light or cold light, i mean proper proof, indisputable proof totally void of impossible and impossible-to-proove theories about 'the government'

:D speak now or forever hold your belief

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 10:26:09 PM »
Every thread ever asking these people for proof has either been used for something else or just ignored. Just letting you know.
latearthers. The universes way of telling us, "No matter what you do to think your stupid, theres always sombody stupider then you"

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 10:52:39 PM »
i bet they'll just post a link to another thread  :roll:
The world revolves due to precisely 61,427 penguins running continuously around the South Pole. If more than 3 of those penguins die simultaneously, our day will be increased by 7 hours.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 12:46:52 AM »
What do you mean by proof? Something that the FE model explains but the RE model doesn't?

To put it another way, give me one piece of proof that the Earth is round.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 01:40:09 AM »
GPS systems.

Southern hemisphere weather patterns caused by the Antarctic.

The Moon's orbit and phases.

The earths magnetic field.

Ecplises.

Microwave transmition repeater towers which need to be placed because microwaves can't curve around the earths surface.

Photographs from space taken by satelites and space shuttles.

Satelite weather photos which couldn't be taken without the satelites orbitting the earth which is impossible without gravity.

Now before you use gravity against the round earth let me say that you have no understanding of gravity. And those things all need explination by flat earthers.
latearthers. The universes way of telling us, "No matter what you do to think your stupid, theres always sombody stupider then you"

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 02:10:28 AM »
Quote from: "Flatearthersareretards"
GPS systems.

etc.

Man, you have to get it through your head that FE'ers don't care about this; they only care about experiments and measurements they can take themselves.  And they give FE explanations for everything you've proposed, with the exception of lunar eclipses.

Look, don't think about it in terms of, "Look at all this stuff that it's really just unreasonable to dispute."  Where's the fun in that?  Look at it more as a game.  There's certain rules.  You want to win, I'm guessing.  I know I do.  But it's their game, so I have to play by their rules, or demonstrate to them, using their own rules, that their rules are bad.  Either of those methods of winning is pleasing; trying to beat them over the head with satellites is like... taking an assault rifle to a fencing match.  Nobody cares that you can blow the guy away; they want to see you kill him with a *sword*.

Swords, guys... swords.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 03:55:18 AM »
Photographs from space taken by satelites and space shuttles, etc

Thats not evidence that the Earth is round. That's evidence that there have been photographs taken in which the Earth appears round.

If the FE'ers can offer an alternative explanation (eg, they are faked) then it's no longer proof.

However both RE and Fe explanations are just as valid as each other. Until someone can find a flaw in one sides explanation, in which case the other side is correct.

To conclude, you don't have proof until you can find a flaw in the other sides theory and your theory stands up to examination.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 08:10:12 AM »
Yeah, but I'm fairly sure that holes have been poked in the FE theory over and over.  Stating that atmospheric distortion, which you can't describe how it works, is the explanation for everything does not a sound theory make.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 09:14:47 AM »
Quote from: "cheesejoff"

If the FE'ers can offer an alternative explanation (eg, they are faked) then it's no longer proof.

See, the thing is, an alternative explanation is always offered. Guess what?

God.

So you're saying that there is no way to prove anything which (albeit not neccessarily untrue) is very counter-productive to logical discussions.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 11:57:52 AM »
I'm saying that there is a difference between the proof itself and drawing a conclusion from it.

A GPS shows you where you are in the world. That's not proof that the Earth is round. That's proof that a GPS shows you where you are.

Yes, that proof would be acceptable in the RE model. It could also be acceptable in the FE model, providing that they come up with a way to explain it.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 12:28:51 PM »
Quote from: "cheesejoff"
Thats not evidence that the Earth is round. That's evidence that there have been photographs taken in which the Earth appears round.

A GPS shows you where you are in the world. That's not proof that the Earth is round. That's proof that a GPS shows you where you are.

Bravo!

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006, 08:08:53 PM »
You can't use this fictional character that you call "god" to explain everything.sooner or latter you need a reasonable explaination of how things stay the way they are and work. Ecplises are jsut one example of something that doesn't operate under the flat earth model. Even if god created the world there still needs to be some way of this event occuring.

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 01:26:38 AM »
Every thread ever asking these people for proof has either been used for something else or just ignored. Just letting you know.

congratulations everybody, the flat earthers haven't posted and already the topic has been changed.

Now GPS systems: they use triangulation from a group of satellites in order to determine your location. So that can be faked. Unfortunately, because gravity doesn't work on a flat earth, then how are those satellites orbiting the Earth?

The catch is that most of the pictures i've seen were taken before photoshop existed, in the 60's

wow, thats entirely correct.

Please be sensible by giving me some solid proof

Don't hold your breath. There isnt any scientific proof for a flat Earth anywhere on this site. Perhaps there's a reason for that?
'm Fairly certain You're breaking some kind of stupidity limit.

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 03:47:37 AM »
"Proof is not spelt c-o-n-s-p-i-r-a-c-y". Obviously you have not read cheesejoffs mind numbing assault upon the senses entitled Flat-Earther's, I challenge YOU to disprove this logic! Within this warm cable of backed-out wisdom you will find that indeed, proof can be spelt conspiracy using the correct mathematical notations.

The rest of your text is a blatant attempt to intimidate those loving samaritans who would seek to unshackle the minds of RE's such as yourself. However I am confident that you don't actually have a mind and are therefore probably in imminent danger of "death by absence of nervous system".  

Every photo i've seen of the round earth has been automatically dismissed as a photoshop job

The fabricated images are actually the spherical depictions of earth and thus, are easily identified. Hope that helps in picking the RE hoaxes.

but i still have seen no proof whatsoever of this fabled 'ice wall' of such epic proportions.

An epic image will likely prove to be a RE attempt to plant evidence to later be disproved for two reasons.

A) No successful infiltration of the icewall zone has occurred. Anyone wishing to attempt this is risking their life and memory! Any image shown will be a fake.

B) 150ft is not of epic proportion by any stretch of the imagination. An RE image will likely prove much larger than actual icewall dimensions in an attempt to lure FE support to the image.

As far as theories go i've read theories of space suttles being used to smuggle cocainne and OJ Simpson being arrested for bis role in Capricorn 1, not for the murder of his wife. PLease shed some light on the issue, and not hot light or cold light, i mean proper proof, indisputable proof totally void of impossible and impossible-to-proove theories about 'the government'

I am confident no evidence I can give will convince a person who pertains to crack-pot conspiracies involving OJ Simpson and cocaine space shuttles. I feel condolences to your family are probably more in order. Please, think of them before you research these rediculous notions.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 05:08:15 AM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
Bravo!

Just trying to beat them with swords and not assault rifles.

After all, if they did somehow manage to come up with some proof, we'd use the same logic on their proof, and they'd see how they like it.

Quote from: "ZOOBTRON"
"Proof is not spelt c-o-n-s-p-i-r-a-c-y". Obviously you have not read cheesejoffs mind numbing assault upon the senses entitled Flat-Earther's, I challenge YOU to disprove this logic! Within this warm cable of backed-out wisdom you will find that indeed, proof can be spelt conspiracy using the correct mathematical notations.

Ha! Zoobtron, you actually made me smile.  :lol:

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 07:42:24 AM »
Much as I make a point to ignore Zoobtron as he makes me feel guilty I dont do enought to help the meantally ill homeless people out roaming the streets I'm forced to ask him something. If no one has EVER infiltrated the ice wall, why do you think it exists? Its not particularly nessecary to your theory nor does it seem you have any reason to believe in it; no photos no eyewitness accounts nothing its a bizarre selfcreated myth, (as opposed to the ignorance created myths that make up the rest of your theory) do me a favour Zoobtron answer this one dont try the usual escape and evade.
An enraged
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2006, 11:33:41 AM »
Quote from: "Cinlef"
Its not particularly nessecary to your theory

They need it to hold in the ocean and, probably, the atmosphere as well.

dont try the usual escape and evade.

or the even more usual eloquent though unfounded ridicule.

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 07:26:08 AM »
Righty-oh, seeing as class is in and I'm in the ring with the RE heavyweights lets do some lab work. Take an object that is flat, representing the earth as we know it, say, a nondescript office desk . Proceed to gently pour a few litres of water (or fractions of a gallon for the numerically challenged) representing a large body of water, onto the centre of your flat object. You will notice that the water proceeds to run off this model planet almost completely. Now, find your nearest coastline and travel to that location. Once there, it will be apparent that oceans (very large bodies of water) are contained within earth. Now, take a shallow container with a flat base, such as a petri dish and proceed to fill it. You will be astounded that this disk shaped object is able to hold water and compares directly with your recent (hopefully) observations of a coastline. This is an easy way for you to prove the existance of the icewall unless you live in the interior regions of your country, in which case you are probably too hot and bothered to care what shape your planet is, even if you had the desire to travel a long way to find out.

If no one has EVER infiltrated the ice wall, why do you think it exists?

Whilst I have said there have been no successful attempts, I never said there havent been attempts. On this very site there are eyewitness accounts and some personal images of close proximity to the icewall. These accounts document beatings and removal from the area. There are no doubt many who have suffered the brain wipe and have no recollection of their own bravery. Tragic.

do me a favour Zoobtron answer this one dont try the usual escape and evade.

Everybody needs to gaze to the avatar section of cinlef's posts. You will notice in small print, his title of moderator. "Thats strange" you will exclaim, as it is immediately apparent that he is a fanatical RE supporter. "How could this possibly come to pass on the Round Earth Society?" will be the next obvious thought process. Being such a sensitive site with damaging implications to the Federation of Centralised Earth Control, the only logical answer is that he is a government plant. This, coupled with Erasmus subtle ass-kissing by way of celebratory posting toward cinlef indicates that he too, is in line for a moderators position. Soon, every brave FE defender will be attempting to escape and evade a BAN to the head and a KICK to the nuts. I mean, I could ride round earthers so hard that I would need to install handlebars and seats on every one of them to do so safely, but my posts existance would be in dire jeopardy. So escape and evade I must.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 08:42:08 AM »
Quote from: "ZOOBTRON"

*snip*

If you have any complaints about the moderation of this forum (i.e., you think your posts have been unjustly modified and/or deleted) feel free to send me a PM and I'll take care of it.

The reason cinlef is allowed to be a moderator even though he is, as you say, a "fanatical RE supporter" is because all he does is delete spam, he doesn't alter posts and he doesn't have the ability to ban members, and he (hopefully) doesn't delete any valid posts (and since I have yet to hear any real complaints about him or pspunit, I must assume he doesn't). As far as I can tell he's doing a great job.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 09:44:05 AM »
Take an object that is flat, representing the earth as we know it, say, a nondescript office desk . Proceed to gently pour a few litres of water (or fractions of a gallon for the numerically challenged) representing a large body of water, onto the centre of your flat object. You will notice that the water proceeds to run off this model planet almost completely. Now, find your nearest coastline and travel to that location. Once there, it will be apparent that oceans (very large bodies of water) are contained within earth. Now, take a shallow container with a flat base, such as a petri dish and proceed to fill it. You will be astounded that this disk shaped object is able to hold water and compares directly with your recent (hopefully) observations of a coastline. This is an easy way for you to prove the existance of the icewall unless you live in the interior regions of your country, in which case you are probably too hot and bothered to care what shape your planet is, even if you had the desire to travel a long way to find out.

How does this prove the existance of an icewall?  From where I'm standing it seems that all this proves is that a disk-shaped object with raised edges can hold water, and that a flat earth would need something (like an ice wall) to hold the water in, but not that an ice wall does exist.

The same logic could be used to prove that, as the flat earth needs something to hold water in, it must but surrounded by giant purple peguins forming an unbreachable dam around the earth.

Whilst I have said there have been no successful attempts, I never said there havent been attempts. On this very site there are eyewitness accounts and some personal images of close proximity to the icewall. These accounts document beatings and removal from the area. There are no doubt many who have suffered the brain wipe and have no recollection of their own bravery. Tragic.

This site also documents the accounts of people who fly airplanes and can see the curvature of the planet, but they get dismissed as government agents.  Why can't I discredit your accounts on the basis that there's a fringe-group, lunatic conspiracy trying to convince me that the earth is flat, and these are their agents telling me these stories?

Everybody needs to gaze to the avatar section of cinlef's posts. You will notice in small print, his title of moderator. "Thats strange" you will exclaim, as it is immediately apparent that he is a fanatical RE supporter. "How could this possibly come to pass on the Round Earth Society?" will be the next obvious thought process.

I'm going to assume you meant "Flat Earth Society", not "Round Earst Society" and procede from there.  Did you know this was already dealt with?  Here, I'm going to clear this all up with one of Erasmus' eloquent posts on the subject

Quote from: "Erasmus"
If I may butt in, I find the implications of your question queer and repelling. If your goal is to establish dogmatic truth and crush contrary or independent thinking, then assigning power only to flat-Earthers is certainly the way to go. But if you're interested in rational debate, then it makes perfect sense to populate the ranks of the leadership with people of differing opinions.

Hope that clears some things up for you.  Also, don't you think that if the mods were just wantonly banning people who disagree with them, you wouldn't be here?  

Finally,
Being such a sensitive site with damaging implications to the Federation of Centralised Earth Control, the only logical answer is that he is a government plant.

How did you conclude:
A) That there's an organization called "the Federation of Centralised Earth Control"?
and
B) That this is the only logical conclusion following your observations?  You know, seeing as it clearly isn't.