Evolution

• 69 Replies
?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
Re: Evolution
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2007, 07:13:52 AM »
So let me get this straight, you all cry evolution has missing links but you don't know what they are?

Evolution has no missing links.  The fossil record does.

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2007, 09:06:50 AM »
I'm starting to feel sorry for you, Sokarul.
ok dude.
Im still waiting for whats missing.
So let me get this straight, you all cry evolution has missing links but you don't know what they are?

Evolution has no missing links.  The fossil record does.
Ok so it is fossils.  Are you refering to animals or people or both? 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2007, 11:43:27 AM »
I think evolution makes more sense than stuff popping out of nowhere and then not changing at all.  That's just silly sense the evidence is right in front of our eyes.  If evolution was nonexistent, it would be really hard to explain why if newborns are different from their parents why can't they change gradually over time?  Genetics is the evidence.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2007, 12:13:54 PM »
I think genetics is pretty much proof of the existence of evolution.

Sokarul, I think you might misunderstand.  There are gaps in the fossil record and this is what "missing links" means.  We don't know what they are because we haven't found them yet.  That's why we call them missing links.  That's not to suggest that there is no link at all, it's just to say that we haven't discovered it yet, and may never discover it.

Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2007, 12:43:16 PM »
"Evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts do not go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's, but apples did not suspend themselves in mid-air, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape-like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered." - paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould

Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2007, 01:21:47 PM »
I think considering the size of Earth's landmass and the tiny percentage of animals which fossilise and stay remotely intact that we have a fossil record at all

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2007, 02:37:38 PM »

Sokarul, I think you might misunderstand.  There are gaps in the fossil record and this is what "missing links" means.  We don't know what they are because we haven't found them yet.  That's why we call them missing links.  That's not to suggest that there is no link at all, it's just to say that we haven't discovered it yet, and may never discover it.

No everyone screams missing link, yet they don't even know whats missing. They are just spouting what they have heard. 
Well you heard it first, there are no missing links in the evolution of humans. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2007, 02:56:18 PM »
Of course there are missing links sokarul, unless we had fossils from every single generation of every species there would be missing links.
the cake is a lie

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2007, 04:26:03 PM »

No everyone screams missing link, yet they don't even know whats missing. They are just spouting what they have heard. 
Well you heard it first, there are no missing links in the evolution of humans. 

Ok Sokarul, here's a missing link:

In the cladogram of Maniraptora, where the clade breaks into five different branches, there is a polytony, or place of uncertainty.  Maniraptora splits into five different groups at this point: Oviraptorosauria, Troodontidae, Dromaeosauridae, Alvarezsauridae, and Avialae.  Because of the incompleteness of the fossil record, paleontologists haven't been able to fulfull the cladogram because they can't figure out which group goes where.  However, due to recent discovery, scientists have been able to group the two middle families (Troodontidae & Dromaeosauridae) and move them further up the tree, closer to Avialae.

This link would best describe the change mentioned above.

Now please, stop channeling the spirit of Tom Bishop.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2007, 10:00:58 PM »
The only thing that I can see that proves evolution 100%, meaning I agree it does, is reading through these silly debates on the subject itself. Evolution in practice, kids.  :-*
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.