FREAKING ANSWER ME!!!

• 52 Replies

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
Re: FREAKING ANSWER ME!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 04:16:17 PM »
It was an aside. Why do you feel you need to try and contradict anything I say? What I referenced is a fact. Carbon dating is only known to be accurate up to 6 thousand years. After that, it is assumed accurate. Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't. But scientifically it is only proven to be accurate up to 6 thousand years.

Since when are we discussing carbon dating? We can't carbon date the sun. Well maybe you can, but not me.  ::)

Who said gravity?

Me just now. Enough mass to keep the sun burning would give birth to a small black hole. Unless you don't believe in black holes.  :O

This is explained elsewhere, but simply the UA effect is dampened by distance, much like a magnetic field. The denser objects find equilibrium at higher altitudes.

Surely dampened by distance, we accelerate away yet gravitation remains constant?
If its dampened by distance why does it follow us? WHAT'S GOING ON?! A second UA pushing the first?

Are you saying we understand all celestial forces? You are naive.

1. No I'm not.
2. I would have said that, prove it wrong. ;)
3. I was just saying we know more about gravity than the UA. (which has no evidence for it)

Your assuming an FE sun that puts out RE levels of radiation. The proportions are the same and indistinguishable.

I'm assuming that nuclear fusion acts the same way everywhere in the same conditions. Everything we know from advancing our studies in the lab to functioning power plants supports this. I took into account that the FE sun was smaller with less when I said the radiation levels would be extremely high.

The earth is flat, the sun is not.
It has a flattened surface.

WTF? Now it's the shape of a dented orange?

One second, I'll get it.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 04:22:37 PM by L0gic »
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 04:22:05 PM »
My experience can be explained with a flat or a round earth theory. I find it scientifically responsible to represent an unpopular, but likely theory. I would be a round-earther if there was as much dogma attached to believing in a flat earth.

You say it is a likely Theory? Why? What evidence is there for FE?
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2007, 04:38:01 PM »
The earth is flat, the sun is not.
It has a flattened surface.

WTF? Now it's the shape of a dented orange?

Please elaborate.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2007, 05:11:01 PM »
Furthermore, your "evolution debunked" threads ended. You said that you were moving them and people were not invites because they were unproductive and childish. I'm sure we can agree that I have no regressed to such behavior. Therefore, I see no reason to be excluded. Perhaps send me the link via private message if there actually exists a thread?  :D

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 05:14:40 PM »
What evidence is there for FE?

Have you looked out your window or read Earth: Not a Globe lately?

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 05:15:57 PM »
Ah, the classics are still the best Tom.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 05:20:51 PM »

I looked out the window and saw a tree, so the earth is in the shape of a tree? 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2007, 05:25:55 PM »
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2007, 06:58:38 PM »

None of my questions were answered...

I didn't read that book as I have tried to attain it, and I found the online reading tedious and not straight forward. :P

What does looking out my window do?

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2007, 07:11:16 PM »
...If you are implying that the immediate sight of the ground is evidence that the Earth is flat, I should tell you to look up the term "local linearity".  :-\

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2007, 07:40:23 AM »

I especially love the part about moonlight.
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2007, 08:32:42 AM »
Moonlight Sonata. (yes, that is a metaphor tom)

?

wannabelive

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2007, 09:39:23 AM »
Take it easy LOgic

I posted a similar question about sunset (back in the days when I thought that there was some seriousness to this site) but it remained unanswered (of course)

I came to the conclusion that noone here  (including TB) belives in the flat earth... exept maybe a few people. You recognise them them by fanaticism, poor sentence structure and huge lack of general knowledge.

PS.
People ...before you have fun at trashing my spelling let me dissapoint you that English is only my 3rd language... But if that does not take the fun out of it ...please go ahead.

I'm gonna waste my time at the romboid earth (RE) forum from now on. I hear they have a 3D FAQ.

I'm gonna miss you  all :'(
cheers

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2007, 09:41:48 AM »
Bye bye wannabelive
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2007, 10:29:28 AM »
How will I ever carry on? My world lies in pieces.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2007, 01:40:11 PM »
Take it easy LOgic

I posted a similar question about sunset (back in the days when I thought that there was some seriousness to this site) but it remained unanswered (of course)

I came to the conclusion that noone here  (including TB) belives in the flat earth... exept maybe a few people. You recognise them them by fanaticism, poor sentence structure and huge lack of general knowledge.

PS.
People ...before you have fun at trashing my spelling let me dissapoint you that English is only my 3rd language... But if that does not take the fun out of it ...please go ahead.

I'm gonna waste my time at the romboid earth (RE) forum from now on. I hear they have a 3D FAQ.

I'm gonna miss you  all :'(
cheers

Perhaps you have already left, but I will still try.
1. Where is this rhomboid earth forum? Can I have a link?
And..
2. What was your Alias that you previously posted under? (I assume this is not the same account as your public profile states you joined April 15, 2007 and have posted 13 times)

You can private message me things you don't want exposed to the general population.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2007, 02:20:04 PM »
In any case.

I still have not received an answer for most of the questions.

Although, the passing time is convincing me that the moderators have no explanation and thus don't really believe in the Flat Earth. Either that or they see these massive flaws and are opening their minds to a Round Earth.

The whole point of this thread was to address these issues stated at the beginning and they have only avoided them. Should this go another day the truth about this site will be realized. Simple as that.  >:(

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2007, 02:21:56 PM »
In any case.

I still have not received an answer for most of the questions.

Although, the passing time is convincing me that the moderators have no explanation and thus don't really believe in the Flat Earth. Either that or they see these massive flaws and are opening their minds to a Round Earth.

The whole point of this thread was to address these issues stated at the beginning and they have only avoided them. Should this go another day the truth about this site will be realized. Simple as that.  >:(

You never will either. I am not trying to josh you, I am merely pointing out a consistent logical fallacy people here keep experiencing:

Keep asking, and keep being ignored. At some point, you have to see the forest through the trees. You ain't gonna get satisfaction because they have no answer.

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2007, 03:47:06 PM »
There werent any questions to answer. You've stated a lot about what you believe. Perhaps a question?

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2007, 04:15:44 PM »
There werent any questions to answer. You've stated a lot about what you believe. Perhaps a question?

The question is implied of how does FE account for the major flaws discussed here. (They scientific findings, not beliefs)

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2007, 04:20:31 PM »
Start a new thread with one or two of your specific questions and we will answer it for you. As of now, your question is extremely unclear.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2007, 04:29:34 PM »
Fine. Btw, this thread was the new thread.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2007, 06:32:21 PM »
Fine. Btw, this thread was the new thread.

I tried, my child.  ::)