FREAKING ANSWER ME!!!

• 52 Replies

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
FREAKING ANSWER ME!!!
« on: April 23, 2007, 02:37:58 PM »
Both these link to topics requiring answers. A lack of answers following this post only confirms that there is no answer and Flat Earth Theory is false. >:(

The first link starts at the first post after the last FE response:
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=12849.msg187735#msg187735

This has been completely ignored. I have posted one previous topic regarding the lack of response as well as sending private messages.
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=10571.msg171164#msg171164
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
Re: FREAKING ANSWER ME!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 02:42:19 PM »
I glanced through both those, looking for a question mark. Please keep narc fat and lazy, and post your question in the fewest words possible here.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 02:43:09 PM »
I glanced through both those, looking for a question mark. Please keep narc fat and lazy, and post your question in the fewest words possible here.

As if she needs any help with that.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 02:43:37 PM »
narc is back?

narcberry

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 02:44:48 PM »
Aye, but I get bored here so quickly I wouldn't expect to see me much longer.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 02:45:02 PM »
Parasites rarely leave, they just mask their presence until conditions are right.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 02:46:28 PM »

Good.  Don't worry though, I will keep up your philosophy.

The earth is flat because Microsoft makes software instead of hardware.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

narcberry

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 02:48:56 PM »

Did I mention the trolls? They turn everything into flames.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 02:53:31 PM »

Clever clover.  :-*

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 02:53:52 PM »
My GOD! Okay. Fine. Shave off the details.

The sun is too small to have fusion that had to have lasted for the past 4.5 billion years.

Gravity is the force containing the enormous pressure in stars. Without it stars would not form and existing ones would supernova.

The sun's radiation, as measured in Spectroscopy, is way too high to be that close (3,000 miles) without the Earth being uninhabitable.

NEXT TOPIC:

The sun would appear to be an oval from an angle.

The sun would have to accelerate exponentially to appear to set from one view point yet other view points on the globe would contradict this view.

As the distance of the sun gets larger, the angle of sight for the sun decreases asymptotically to zero degrees. Since the human eye is not absolutely perfect, we will be overly generous in our experiment and say that a one degree angle over this vast difference wouldn't be seen. Suppose we also generously let the suns distance reach its maximum of the diameter of the Earth continuing to favor your side. 24,900 miles long 3,000 miles high makes the angle to see the sun as 6.86999 degrees. This would make the sun seem to approach the horizon but not get close enough to mistake it for setting. Keep in mind, that this also used a distance much greater than your theory allows with timezones.

Illuminated clouds appear before sunrise.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 02:55:10 PM »

No, just your worthless posts. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 03:04:51 PM »
ANYBODY NOTICE THAT I'M BEING IGNORED?  >:(

I suppose when you win, they have to ignore you.

narcberry

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 03:06:04 PM »

The sun is too small to have fusion that had to have lasted for the past 4.5 billion years.
Personally, I disagree with the 4.5 billion year estimate. Our methods of calculating that are inaccurate after only 6 thousand years, which I find very interesting.
But assuming a sun that has been burning for 4.5 billion years, why not? (I believe it is dense enough to have that fuel and then some)

Gravity is the force containing the enormous pressure in stars. Without it stars would not form and existing ones would supernova.
The forces of gravity are still very unknown to scientists. It seems a likely explanation for some, but there are large problems. Like how do celestial bodies a trillion lightyears away know which direction to accelerate?

I feel there are many celestial forces that lie undiscovered.

The sun's radiation, as measured in Spectroscopy, is way too high to be that close (3,000 miles) without the Earth being uninhabitable.
Why is that?

NEXT TOPIC:

The earth is flat, the sun is not.

The sun would have to accelerate exponentially to appear to set from one view point yet other view points on the globe would contradict this view.

As the distance of the sun gets larger, the angle of sight for the sun decreases asymptotically to zero degrees. Since the human eye is not absolutely perfect, we will be overly generous in our experiment and say that a one degree angle over this vast difference wouldn't be seen. Suppose we also generously let the suns distance reach its maximum of the diameter of the Earth continuing to favor your side. 24,900 miles long 3,000 miles high makes the angle to see the sun as 6.86999 degrees. This would make the sun seem to approach the horizon but not get close enough to mistake it for setting. Keep in mind, that this also used a distance much greater than your theory allows with timezones.

This is the same as the horizon effect. Look at my other posts for that answer.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 03:10:30 PM »
The forces of gravity are still very unknown to scientists. It seems a likely explanation for some, but there are large problems. Like how do celestial bodies a trillion lightyears away know which direction to accelerate?

This is an absolute falsehood, just check wikipedia and see how much we know. It's origins are not at all levels clear, but it behaves consistently in the macroscopic world. The models for stars, earth etc are based on this consistently observed behaviour. Your misunderstanding of gravity is not my problem when it comes to the shape of the world. If there were celestial bodies a trillion lightyears away, the curvature of spacetime would 'tell' them which way to accelerate. How does a magnetic material 'know' to be sucked towards a magnet?
Quote from: Tom Bishop
The universe has already expanded forever

Quote from: Proverbs 24:17
Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 03:17:34 PM »

Personally, I disagree with the 4.5 billion year estimate. Our methods of calculating that are inaccurate after only 6 thousand years, which I find very interesting.
But assuming a sun that has been burning for 4.5 billion years, why not? (I believe it is dense enough to have that fuel and then some)

Why is that?

NEXT TOPIC:

*sigh* this is why i didn't want to simplify the conversation.  ::)

BTW, you snagged your text in a quote box labeled me. I never said the Earth was flat.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 03:20:16 PM by L0gic »

narcberry

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 03:18:26 PM »

This is an absolute falsehood, just check wikipedia and see how much we know. It's origins are not at all levels clear, but it behaves consistently in the macroscopic world. The models for stars, earth etc are based on this consistently observed behaviour. Your misunderstanding of gravity is not my problem when it comes to the shape of the world. If there were celestial bodies a trillion lightyears away, the curvature of spacetime would 'tell' them which way to accelerate. How does a magnetic material 'know' to be sucked towards a magnet?

There is a gigantic difference betweenpredicting a behavior, and understanding the mechanism. We know nothing about the mechanism.

But you seem to know so much, this curveature of the spacetime and all. Perhaps you could explain how 2 celestial bodies accelerate towards each other?

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 03:20:31 PM »
They are following the curvature of spacetime. I can't say more than that because I don't honestly know. But like you said, I can understand and predict the behaviour without knowing the exact mechanism. Gravitation by mass predicts accurately the actions of celestial bodies in RE theory. In it's absence, how does the FE sun stay together if it is fusing/combusting?

Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 03:37:29 PM »
You guys make me smile. I mean that.

narcberry

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 03:40:18 PM »
They are following the curvature of spacetime. I can't say more than that because I don't honestly know. But like you said, I can understand and predict the behaviour without knowing the exact mechanism. Gravitation by mass predicts accurately the actions of celestial bodies in RE theory. In it's absence, how does the FE sun stay together if it is fusing/combusting?

Or, you cannot say more than that because its just a theory with no observeable mechanic. We know nothing about gravity at a basic level. I know more about your mother, by inference, than the collective human race does about gravity.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 03:43:41 PM »
They are following the curvature of spacetime. I can't say more than that because I don't honestly know. But like you said, I can understand and predict the behaviour/

Please explain to me exactly how mass bends space time and what guarantee we have at it being universal.

Einstein himself did not believe in gravity as a force.

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 03:47:24 PM »
They are following the curvature of spacetime. I can't say more than that because I don't honestly know. But like you said, I can understand and predict the behaviour/

Please explain to me exactly how mass bends space time and what guarantee we have at it being universal.

Havn't you and TheEngineer already gone over this Tom?

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 03:48:31 PM »

You assume it is inaccurate because it contradicts a Flat Earth. Why might the understanding of fusion and hydrogen consumption to this process be so far off?

The sun would have to be 731,268,011 times as dense to match. That close, the gravitational field would cause serious problems!  :D

Besides if the sun moon and Earth have different masses, than why does the UA push them all equally? The more mass with the same force would have varying accelerations.

The forces of gravity are still very unknown to scientists. It seems a likely explanation for some, but there are large problems. Like how do celestial bodies a trillion light years away know which direction to accelerate?

I couldn't care less about your beliefs. This whole statement seems inaccurate as gravity is well understood though not completely.

Why is that?
Because all known living being dies when subjected to high amounts of intense radiation of any kind let alone all the kinds emitted from the sun.  ::)

Tom disagrees if you read the link. ;)
If the sun is flat, how does the energy emitted come from a nuclear reaction? Stellar fusion can't exist in a flat sun.

If it is a sphere than why does it create a spotlight effect on Earth?

Perhaps post a link? The horizon effect from the sacred texts was discussed  in the original thread. It better not be a useless time wasting repeat. :-\
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 03:56:29 PM by L0gic »

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 03:50:31 PM »

Or, you cannot say more than that because its just a theory with no observeable mechanic. We know nothing about gravity at a basic level. I know more about your mother, by inference, than the collective human race does about gravity.

lol. Excluding the impact implications and effects of gravity from the definition is pretty low. We know more about gravity than the UA.  ::)

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 03:57:17 PM »

Tell me how the UA works, what started it going, and what guarantee we have at it being universal.  If you can do that, then I will google your question about mass bending spacetime and provide you with a precise answer (I know it exists). ::)
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

narcberry

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 03:57:53 PM »

You assume it is inaccurate because it contradicts a Flat Earth. Why might the understanding of fusion and hydrogen consumption to this process be so far off?
It was an aside. Why do you feel you need to try and contradict anything I say? What I referenced is a fact. Carbon dating is only known to be accurate up to 6 thousand years. After that, it is assumed accurate. Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't. But scientifically it is only proven to be accurate up to 6 thousand years.

The sun would have to be 731,268,011 times as dense to match. That close, the gravitational field would cause serious problems!  :D
Who said gravity?

Besides if the sun moon and Earth have different masses, than why does the UA push them all equally? The more mass with the same force would have varying accelerations.
This is explained elsewhere, but simply the UA effect is dampened by distance, much like a magnetic field. The denser objects find equilibrium at higher altitudes.

The forces of gravity are still very unknown to scientists. It seems a likely explanation for some, but there are large problems. Like how do celestial bodies a trillion light years away know which direction to accelerate?

I couldn't care less about your beliefs. This whole statement seems inaccurate as gravity is well understood though not completely.
Are you saying we understand all celestial forces? You are naive.

Why is that?
Because all known living being dies when subjected to high amounts of intense radiation of any kind let alone all the kinds emitted from the sun.  ::)
Your assuming an FE sun that puts out RE levels of radiation. The proportions are the same and indistinguisheable.

Tom disagrees if you read the link. ;)
We are free to disagree.

If the sun is flat, how does the energy emitted come from a nuclear reaction? Stellar fusion can't exist in a flat sun.
I believe it is round.

It has a flattened surface.

Perhaps post a link? The horizon effect from the sacred texts was discussed  in the original thread. It better not be a useless time wasting repeat. :-\
One second, I'll get it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 04:00:01 PM by narcberry »

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 03:59:24 PM »
By the way Narcberry, how did you personally become 'enlightened' of this Flat Earth? Please don't give an intentionally vague answer.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 04:00:51 PM »
I believe it is round.

You are marvellous! A round sun with a flat side, and the other sides must be darkened to stop them interfering with the spotlight! Genius!

narcberry

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2007, 04:01:44 PM »
My experience can be explained with a flat or a round earth theory. I find it scientifically responsible to represent an unpopular, but likely theory. I would be a round-earther if there was as much dogma attached to believing in a flat earth.

narcberry

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 04:02:20 PM »
I believe it is round.

You are marvellous! A round sun with a flat side, and the other sides must be darkened to stop them interfering with the spotlight! Genius!

That would not be the case.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 04:02:55 PM »
What would be the case then?