All college students are part of teh conspiracy!!!!!!

• 49 Replies
?

Ammo

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Tom has a BS in BS.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: All college students are part of teh conspiracy!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 09:56:28 AM »
Tom's already said that the University of New South Wales is part of the Conspiracy.  Any college that gets any kind of support from NASA, or another space program, is part of the Conspiracy. ::)
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 11:15:22 AM »
Lmao, I hope those billions cover all that.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 11:54:57 AM »
Yeah right, as if the military would let anyone breach its military airspace and send a rocket through it without permission.

From the article it's even stated that the "satellite" could do nothing more than broadcast information about itself. It did not have a camera.

This is just another NASA fireworks show cashin from overzealous universities with big pocketbooks. You may as well tell me to go see the next biannual shuttle launch as a proof for the earth's roundity.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 02:13:19 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 02:05:55 PM »
Military airspace doesn't extend over the whole Earth you know....there are like...other countries...
Quote from: Tom Bishop
The universe has already expanded forever

Quote from: Proverbs 24:17
Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

spherehead

• Student of OSU
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 02:41:07 PM »

That means I am to! Woot.
round on the sides and "hi" in the middle

oh, and the earth is round too

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 02:42:18 PM »
Nah only cool students are part of the conspiracy...
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 02:42:48 PM »
Cool students? Oxy-moron!

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 03:02:17 PM »
Military airspace doesn't extend over the whole Earth you know....there are like...other countries...

There are 190 countries on Earth. The United States of America has bases in 130 of them.

Maybe that puts it into perspective for you.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 03:03:49 PM by Tom Bishop »

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 03:05:16 PM »
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 03:05:34 PM »
Bases, but not total military control. You americanos....honestly...

Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 04:11:05 PM »
Ahh Tom.

I have cousins who go the UNSW. There is no conspiracy there. It's a freaking UNIVERSITY.

And you have previously claimed that only a small number of people are in on the conspiracy. So now they let any uni that wants to build a satellite in??? Crazy Tom, your conspiracy is growing

It was decided that Tom's abuse of his suspiciously acquired mod powers was too much to let continue.  His account was deleted.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 04:22:20 PM »
The university says they built the "satellite" with the prime assistance of NASA.

Why would a university have reason to doubt the supposedly most cherished scientific organization on earth?

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 04:35:26 PM »
Because if NASA were faking then the university...what with all its scientists and stuff, might work it out. They wouldn't have to doubt them, it's not as easy to fake these things as you say. You still haven't answered the thread on the Earth's rotation, the setting of the sun or any of the others where you've been successfully owned. Flat Earth theory, especially the Bishop variety, is dead in the water until you can explain some important things....

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 04:45:03 PM »
Because if NASA were faking then the university...what with all its scientists and stuff, might work it out.

A university doesn't really have scientists. It's all wrote lit and dogmatic memorization. There is no real introspection or analysis going on. It's just shoved down the throats of students effortlessly. Maybe graduate school might have the student find a niche unexplored topic to write a research paper on. But if the student attacked the very principles of mathematics, for example, he would immediately be ridiculed and glanced over without even looking at his body of work. Pure religion.

You still haven't answered the thread on the Earth's rotation, the setting of the sun or any of the others where you've been successfully owned. Flat Earth theory, especially the Bishop variety, is dead in the water until you can explain some important things....

I've already dumbed down the principles of centripetal acceleration as much as I could in that thread. TheEngineer, a professional mechanical engineer, fully supported the relativistic concept of rotating and enlarging coordinate systems in that thread. A Centripetal Force calculator from a prestigious University agreed with me. I don't know what more you what out of the subject. I'm pretty sure the majority of the audience who viewed the thread agreed with me that using the real centripetal force equations was the best bet.

-

As for the sun thing, I haven't gotten a chance yet, but I'll take a look at your assumptions and equations sometime soon.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 11:19:12 AM by Tom Bishop »

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 04:49:36 PM »
When the equations you provided were used the effect was still shown to be obvious and noticeable. After myself and Fowkc made the relevant calculations you went entirely silent on the subject.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 04:51:33 PM »
When the equations you provided were used the effect was still shown to be obvious and noticeable. After myself and Fowkc made the relevant calculations you went entirely silent on the subject.

Your equations were inherently flawed because you were not assuming a rotating frame of reference. You guys were doing a simple adding up of numbers.

They wouldn't have to doubt them, it's not as easy to fake these things as you say.

Actually, even the illusion of spaceflights can be faked. It can and has been done before. It's not terribly difficult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Cadets
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 04:54:27 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 04:54:13 PM »
Tom runs from the truth again.

The 'space cadets' were told that gravity generators were being used to simulate Earth gravity. They selected these people because of their little knowledge of science and their gullibility. It's called making good TV. Faking space flights regularly would require a similar lie, and I wonder how many scientists would make a fuss if they had invented a gravity generator without telling them...

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 04:55:04 PM »
You were the one using the 'rotating co-ordinate system'. I used the calculator you provided. As I keep saying...

Edit: I originally used the equations from wikipedia, but used your calculator to eliminate the possibility of my calculations being wrong. it turned out that those in the OP were wrong due to bad unit conversion. Using your calculator I re-did it in the thread and demonstrated a noticeable effect...

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 05:09:53 AM »
A university doesn't really have scientists. It's all wrote lit and dogmatic memorization. There is no real introspection or analysis going on. It's just shoved down the throats of students effortlessly. Maybe graduate school might have the student find a niche unexplored topic to write a research paper on. But if the student attached the very principles of mathematics, for example, he would immediately be ridiculed and glanced over without even looking at his body of work. Pure religion.

So what does that say for your degree in Geology?
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

?

ClearThinkerJonny

• NASA is NOT just one big Photoshop class.
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 05:32:42 AM »
I was about to quote the exact same thing. Where did you study Tom? I guess you were above all the people who ever taught you anything?
I am a strong believer in real physics.

Evidence for a Flat Earth is draped in pure science.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 10:53:59 AM »
Degree in geology.   :D :D :D :D

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 10:57:19 AM »
From the university of life.....aka Tom's mind

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 11:05:22 AM »
Tom has a BS in BS.

?

Ammo

Tom has a BS in BS.

?

Ammo

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 12:44:44 PM »
Because if NASA were faking then the university...what with all its scientists and stuff, might work it out.

A university doesn't really have scientists. It's all wrote lit and dogmatic memorization. There is no real introspection or analysis going on. It's just shoved down the throats of students effortlessly. Maybe graduate school might have the student find a niche unexplored topic to write a research paper on. But if the student attacked the very principles of mathematics, for example, he would immediately be ridiculed and glanced over without even looking at his body of work. Pure religion.

What the shit are you talking about?  Almost ALL of the professors at my school hold PhDs.  Especially the science professors.  I guess they are all fake scientists, yet they hold higher degrees than you have. 

Again, many universities are research institutions.  Even though mine is not, that doesn't mean research is not conducted on a daily basis.  My roommate, a physics undergrad, does research every day.  Its required for not only undergrads, but grads as well. 

We also have a huge refracting telescope that is available to all students.  It is also used very frequently by the physics and astronomy departments for research.

No introspection or analysis?  tell that to my roommate who spends countless hours in the lab researching atoms.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 12:47:23 PM by Ammo »

Tom has a BS in BS.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 02:05:35 PM »
Ahh Tom.

I have cousins who go the UNSW. There is no conspiracy there. It's a freaking UNIVERSITY.

And you have previously claimed that only a small number of people are in on the conspiracy. So now they let any uni that wants to build a satellite in??? Crazy Tom, your conspiracy is growing

Your "cousins" are all bribed liars.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2007, 08:27:18 PM »
What the shit are you talking about?  Almost ALL of the professors at my school hold PhDs.  Especially the science professors.  I guess they are all fake scientists, yet they hold higher degrees than you have.

A PHD says nothing about a person's intelligence. It just says that they were proficient at bending over and taking it up the rear for eight years of their life. Any average person could get a PHD with enough effort. Most fields are pure memorization with little introspection these days.

I've met PHDs who, when confronted with the "Press any key to continue screen," had trouble finding the "any" key.

Again, many universities are research institutions.  Even though mine is not, that doesn't mean research is not conducted on a daily basis.  My roommate, a physics undergrad, does research every day.  Its required for not only undergrads, but grads as well.

Creation Science also has several research institutes. They also require their students to conduct research. Your point?

We also have a huge refracting telescope that is available to all students.  It is also used very frequently by the physics and astronomy departments for research.

When you look up into the night skies do you imagine yourself looking at alien planets and far away unexplored galaxies full of magic and mystery?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 08:31:36 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

Lulaya

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 09:28:42 PM »
A PHD says nothing about a person's intelligence. It just says that they were proficient at bending over and taking it up the rear for eight years of their life. Any average person could get a PHD with enough effort. Most fields are pure memorization with little introspection these days.

I've met PHDs who, when confronted with the "Press any key to continue screen," had trouble finding the "any" key.

Your statement is very ignorant. Those who hold PhD's are considered masters of the course in which they have their degree.

At any rate, if getting a PhD is as easy as you say, why haven't you achieved that status yet?
I hate to inform you, but teachers and professors holding PhD's recieve more pay than your teacher with a BA or your teacher's assistants.
Infinity itself looks flat and uninteresting. Looking up into the night sky is looking into infinity - distance is incomprehensible and therefore meaningless.

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 10:07:59 PM »

You see, the problem here is you're simply not qualified to have a credible opinion on this subject. To put it bluntly, you don't know what you're fucking talking about.

You're kidding right? You hovered over some PhDs while they worked on their computers? I would love for you to back up this claim. What are the names of these people?

Tom, you're some sort of big fucking joke. All of a sudden anyone with PhD is a someone who doesn't know anything about anything. As others pointed out, these statements confirm your degree in Geology isn't worth the paper it's printed on. You just dug your own grave. You just admitted you don't know anything about Geology. You're basically not qualified in the slightest respect to speculate on the shape of this Earth.