Just another Thought...

• 29 Replies
?

Game_Guru777

• Truth knows no bounds...
Just another Thought...
« on: April 20, 2007, 06:17:04 PM »
Why should a board be moved because it says RE'ers only? It clearly states on the front page of this very site:
"Welcome to theflatearthsociety.org. This site is dedicated to the discussion of Flat Earth theories. We welcome both skeptics and believers, so please join us." You welcome both skeptics and believers, so shouldn't the skeptics be able to debate and discuss amongst themselves.

My old topic was moved to General Discussion because I excluded FE'ers. Yet the topic of the board was a debate on what FE'ers believed and why they believed it. So I put it in the Debate and Discussion forum. Did I do something wrong?
Hold it!!! Your statement directly contradicts the evidence.

Objection!!! Your claims make no sense! Think about what you are going to say before you say it!

Evidence is everything...

?

sheepofdarkness

• Flat Earth Proponent
Re: Just another Thought...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 09:40:41 PM »
Why would you want to exclude FEers?  Surely they know more about what they believe than REers do.
I dream of vampires. I dream of God. I dream of no vampires. I dream of no God. I dream of nothing. And yet, that too is still my dream.

?

Game_Guru777

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 07:13:45 AM »
Because I wanted to see what RE'ers think they believe. There theories. I've already asked FE'ers and I get lame responses. Such as: It makes sence, I have done experiements to proove it, and things like that. I just wanted to get some insite on what RE'ers think of FE'ers. They tend to lie about what they believe when it is most convenient to them. At least most do. Some of them are fairly honest. I believe that nobody here actually believes FE. I think that they do this so they can see if they can proove FE. I've heard of professors which ask there student to prove, beyond a resonable doubt, that the Earth is round. The students would answer and the professor would go against them. It's kinda like a lesson that teaches that if someone is completely convinced about something, you cannot change there minds. At least, that is what I like to think.

Objection!!! Your claims make no sense! Think about what you are going to say before you say it!

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 07:56:31 AM »
The name of the board is Flat Earth Debate & Discussion.  You started a thread that had nothing to do with the flat earth and excluded all FE'ers from participation.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 08:09:33 AM »
The name of the board is Flat Earth Debate & Discussion.  You started a thread that had nothing to do with the flat earth and excluded all FE'ers from participation.

"This forum is reserved for serious debate and discussion of Flat Earth theory."  The "of" means that the debate belongs here.  It has to do with flat earth theory, just to as why people would believe it, not about the specifics of it. 

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 08:17:45 AM »
I agree it belonged in general discussion. I see it as a discussion about the people who believe the theory rather than a discussion about the theory. Don't really have an opinion on the exclusion of FEers from the thread in the thread-title but I can't see any reason to ever do that for a thread.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 10:44:06 AM »
Why would you want to exclude FEers?  Surely they know more about what they believe than REers do.

You'd be surprised at how wrong you are there.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 12:57:44 PM »

He started a thread here because the General Discussion Forum is forum that is loaded down with spammers.
I'm so tempted to put a scratch and sniff at the bottom of a pool and see what you do...

Avert your eyes, this is too awesome for them...

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 01:38:40 PM »

He started a thread here because the General Discussion Forum is forum that is loaded down with spammers.
And?

-- Bob Hudson

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 01:45:25 PM »
He wanted actual responses instead of some body posting random stuff.
I'm so tempted to put a scratch and sniff at the bottom of a pool and see what you do...

Avert your eyes, this is too awesome for them...

?

Game_Guru777

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »
I just think that it is not right that RE'ers can't have a debate to themselves.

He wanted actual responses instead of some body posting random stuff.

Right as well...

How does a debate and discussion about the people who believe flat earth not about flat earth?

?

Game_Guru777

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 06:18:43 PM »
Just bumping...

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 06:22:22 PM »
HEY!  TheEngineer, Tom's Unanswered Round Earth Questions doesn't belong here.  Please move it. 

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 07:03:40 PM »
Very legit point.  :)
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

?

Game_Guru777

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 07:10:55 PM »
He wont. It supports FE...

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 11:40:53 PM »

-- Bob Hudson

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 10:51:08 AM »
To avoid the word "necrobump" later.

?

Game_Guru777

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 03:46:11 PM »
Just bumping...
Why?

Bumping is the act of keeping a board up in the forum. I just want to keep this discussion going. After reading all of this... why did you move it... Just because it excluded FE'ers is a horrible reason. I am positive it is content (which was a discussion about flat earth in a way.) is what matters on this forum.

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 03:48:49 PM »
If the topic Tom made that I mentioned earlier can stay here, than I don't see why Guru's can't.

?

Game_Guru777

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 05:06:28 PM »
If the topic Tom made that I mentioned earlier can stay here, than I don't see why Guru's can't.

Exactly... but it was made by Tom... so you know that his lapdog wont move it.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 05:25:34 PM »
I'm not going to move it because I like Tom making a fool of himself, and I want it to be in plain view.

-- Bob Hudson

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 05:27:51 PM »
I'm not going to move it because I like Tom making a fool of himself, and I want it to be in plain view.

;D I've changed my mind about you Engy Baby. You are awesome!!!
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 05:46:46 PM »

Spam has many definitions. I mean that with utter contempt.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

Game_Guru777

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 05:52:12 PM »
I haven't changed my mind yet... I just want an answer. Why can't RE'ers have a discussion to themselves in the FE discussion board? The board was made for discussions about FE. That is what the board was. I seen nothing against the rules about excluding FE'ers or RE'ers from posting. If this was a rule, I'm sorry I over looked it. But the fact still stands that it was a debate about FE.

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 06:05:24 PM »

Your awesomeness shows through more and more each day.

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 06:06:19 PM »
Got to give mucho respect to Engy baby tonight for sheer pwnage of Tom :D

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 11:27:12 PM »
Yeah, let's all go get shitfaced!

?

Game_Guru777

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 04:57:30 PM »
I haven't changed my mind yet... I just want an answer. Why can't RE'ers have a discussion to themselves in the FE discussion board? The board was made for discussions about FE. That is what the board was. I seen nothing against the rules about excluding FE'ers or RE'ers from posting. If this was a rule, I'm sorry I over looked it. But the fact still stands that it was a debate about FE.

Waiting for an answer.. Although I agree... thanks for keeping Tom's thing here... Idiot gets what he deserves. Let the world (Or whoever is on this site) see him fail miserably...  >:(

?

Ethan_MVgolfer2008

• Who says that I don't have a life?
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 01:51:49 PM »
I don't see any good reason why it was moved to general discussion. It is about FEers and their theories the only difference would be that it is between REers and how they view the FE theories, therefore why should a thread be moved to general discussion if people are debating and discussing the FE theories.

...and what exactly happened to that bastard Tom Bishop?
The most useful tool in the world...sarcasm. The most useless tool in the world...Tom Bishop.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 03:29:35 PM »
The thread invited flaming.  You should be glad it didn't end up in angry ranting.

-- Bob Hudson