(RE'ers only) Just a thought.

• 20 Replies
?

Game_Guru777

• Truth knows no bounds...
(RE'ers only) Just a thought.
« on: April 18, 2007, 06:01:47 PM »
Just a thought, Motive, Why do you think all FE'ers (True ones, not pretenders *cough*Tom*cough*) Belive this? Where do you think they learned the Earth is flat. Why would they search to prove it. Why hasnt the government, Whichever one it may be, paid them off yet to keep quiet. I just would like some insight on what RE'ers think on this matter. Please, again, no FE'er's. My reason behind this is to see their opinions on you, based on what you have said and done.
Hold it!!! Your statement directly contradicts the evidence.

Objection!!! Your claims make no sense! Think about what you are going to say before you say it!

Evidence is everything...

CommonCents

• ^_^
Re: (RE'ers only) Just a thought.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 06:13:51 PM »
Before I write this let me make sure I turn off sarcasm...</sarcasm>
Perhaps they tried a generic experiment that assumes a round earth and thought "why assume?"  They then probably looked at all the 'proof' of RE and found ways to make it fit the FE.

I must say to the True FE Believers...I am impressed.  You turned against something most people just take for granted and are standing your ground to prove it so.  I believe applauds are in order.

*applauds*

While I'm at it I would also like to thank a couple of you:
TheEngineer for helping me understand gravitation and other physics stuff.
Dogplatter for being sane.
OMG!

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 06:16:08 PM »
I think Flat Earthism is a natural reaction to disillusionment with modern society, but specifically manifested amongst more academic members of the community wherein this disillusionment takes the form of a formalised rejection of modern scientific process.

Seriously though, I think it's mainly because it sets them apart, or makes them feel set apart. Either they've been told the Earth was flat and looked for reasons to believe it, or they're determined to believe in something other than modern science and, religion notwithstanding, they've latched onto this as their cause. I find it hard (but not impossible) to believe that someone looked at all available evidence and decided that the Earth was flat and simultaneously thought there must be a giant conspiracy covering it up. It's like the Apollo hoax believers. They like the fashionable anti-government stance and it gives them a community to be unique in. Conspiracy theories are, sadly, more fun than plain old real science. There's more of a what-if element to it, like there is with UFOs and stuff. Any thoughts on this? Any disagreements? (From REers)

I would suggest we started 'the round earth society' but it wouldn't get any serious members. Debating hard fact is a waste of peoples time!

I would like to add my thanks to ThEngineer and Dogplatter. As strange as you seem to me in your views, you do your society credit. Maybe just enough to stop Tom, Narcberry and Franc sinking it.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
The universe has already expanded forever

Quote from: Proverbs 24:17
Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 06:17:46 PM »
I think fe'ers have spaceaphobia.  The fear of space. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 06:18:48 PM »
They didn't learn the earth was flat, because there is no school, university, etc. that teaches a flat earth. They just told themselves that the Earth was flat and started searching for "evidence" that backed them up. Despite the glaring holes, if you blame contradictory evidence on a conspiracy, FE theory becomes mildly believable. Not in any way credible, but just believable. Why are they doing all of this? For the most part, it sounds like they want attention, not as in "let's post a bunch of stuff on these forums" attention but "let's prove the Earth isn't round" attention. The conspiracy hasn't paid them off because it doesn't actually exist. However, you have to admit that if there was a conspiracy to hide the shape of the Earth, they wouldn't have to pay the FEers on these forums because the REers don't believe them for a second anyway.

These are just my opinions. If I insulted any FEer here, it was unintentional. After all, FEers are humans, too. But the fakers aren't.

I would suggest we started 'the round earth society' but it wouldn't get any serious members. Debating hard fact is a waste of peoples time!

The rest of the world IS the RES.
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 06:20:19 PM »
Seriously, I think they're all just a little too gullible.  If there were some real scientists on these forums, who knew much more than the average person, I'm sure most FE defences would be torn apart (especially Tom's) and some sense would be put back into them.  Until then, Rowbotham~ has a hold on them with his 200 yr old book of, "Look at me!  I think the earth is flat!"

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 06:38:38 PM »
tHEY THINK ROUND EARTH IS A CONSPERICY HENCE FORTH I THINK THEY ARE GOVERMENTS TRYING TO MAKE ME BELIEVE FLAT EARTH WHILE HIDEING ROUND EARHT OGM. I CANT STOP SCREAMING HELP!

?

Game_Guru777

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 06:44:44 PM »
tHEY THINK ROUND EARTH IS A CONSPERICY HENCE FORTH I THINK THEY ARE GOVERMENTS TRYING TO MAKE ME BELIEVE FLAT EARTH WHILE HIDEING ROUND EARHT OGM. I CANT STOP SCREAMING HELP!

The caps locked button is next to the A button, on the left.

Now. I agree with a lot of these posts. Most, if not all makes sence. Maybe they are just trying to show how 'different' they are with this. Challenge old ways and the like. Maybe none of them belive it, and they are trying to see if anyone can actually prove the Earth is round. But maybe they do actually belive this. Who knows...

Objection!!! Your claims make no sense! Think about what you are going to say before you say it!

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 08:27:22 PM »
No no, they don't even have to believe FE any more. Check out Big 3 of RE for evidence against FE and for RE that have never been refuted.
It's quite remarkable really that both Israel and Palestine have no qualms about slaughtering the crap out of each other - but they are perfectly willing to work together jovially and hide a secret that wouldn't make much difference to the world. -rdethgy

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 09:28:04 PM »
The entertainment industry is a well fed baby. That is my blanket statement.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 10:47:50 PM »
No no, they don't even have to believe FE any more. Check out Big 3 of RE for evidence against FE and for RE that have never been refuted.

Oh good, Big N's back ::)

?

Game_Guru777

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 04:30:23 PM »
Just bumpin...

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 05:58:40 PM »
Seeing as how you have excluded FE'ers, this is not in the right place.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 10:08:35 AM »

Never say "hence forth" if it is preceded by two spelling errors.

I think they're just goths trying to be evil, but Marylin Manson wasn't evil enough, so they got a 200 year old madman to worship. You know, like in that episode of Family Guy when Meg makes friends with a cultist? Then they all kill themselves? I think the FES is the cultists in that, and Rowbotham (I love his name, but "Cyborgbacon" would be way cooler) is the old guy Stewie kills. What a great episode.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 11:50:43 AM »
I'd like to thank Commoncents and Gin for their Dogplatter-thanking.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 06:13:29 PM »
Suck-ups. All of them.  :P
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 01:21:10 PM »

you don't get to talk for being crap at physics!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 01:24:17 PM »
Leave Dogman alone.

Or is Doggystyle a better name for him? Hmm
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 01:26:59 PM »
Doggystyle
God, now I know the truth, evidence is everywhere!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 01:28:14 PM »
Oh dear...
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 01:56:41 PM »
NOW I AINT SAYIN SHE AH GOL'DIGGA