Rendered Picture of Flat Earth Universe

• 105 Replies
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2006, 01:59:53 PM »
Quote from: "6strings"
I assume the velocity of the plane would factor into the length of the trip somehow...

But planes have to be going at least a certain speed to maintain altitude. I'm not sure what this speed would be, but I don't think it would be great enough to make the two distances seem equal. I mean, look at a picture of the globe and look at two points the same distance away from the equator. But on the Flat Earth, it just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger around, the farther south you go.

And, of course, the flight path could always be altered.

That would mean that pilots are in on the conspiracy.

One of the things that makes the "government officials, scientists, etc. are in ont it" realitvely, somewhat, almost acceptable is that those are elite positions that not every single man, woman, and child can attain. Pilots, however, are not so elite, they are quite average and I personally know a few pilots.

I've heard others suggest that maybe they could be in on it, but they never said it was definite because there were other ways to explain whatever was being bandied about that day; and I assume the reason most would be hesitant is because it's a job that, although requires training, isn't a job exclusive to having connections (military or otherwise), or being incredibly gifted in the fields of math and science.[/i]

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2006, 02:41:12 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
Quote from: "Ubuntu"
Go bring us some measurements.

I don't need to.  I can just compute the correct values geometrically, or read them off a to-scale FE map.  Isn't that exactly why you think that the two Tropics are the same length?
alright, can we see your results please?
quote]Angry Ranting
If you're planning on posting a message insulting us but don't want to bother with any thought or content, please do it in here.[/quote] Ah the Irony

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2006, 12:20:48 AM »
Quote from: "Ervin"
alright, can we see your results please?

Um, okay.  The two tropics are located at +23.5° and -23.5° latitude.  I adopt a transformation that maintains north-south distances: that is, latitude 90°-θ° on the round Earth is mapped onto a circle of radius Rθ, where R is the radius of the Earth.  The circumference of such circle is therefore 2πRθ, or π^2 Rθ°/90°.

I take R = 6400 km.

Thus, in the FE model, the Tropic of Cancer is actually a circle of circumference π^2 R (90-23.5)/90 = 46,672 km.

In the FE model, the Tropic of Capricorn is actually a circle of circumference π^2 R (90-(-23.5))/90 = 79,659 km.

Is that what you wanted to know?
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2006, 12:31:24 AM »
That's quite a bit of discrepancy for no one to notice. Also, while we're on the subject, did you know that the tropics are noted because they are the only areas that are in what's called the "sun's direct path", meaning that they are always recieving the most concentrated rays of the sun. That is why they are specifically marked off, and wouldn't you know it, but they're at 23.5 degrees north and south of the equator. Strange... I swear I've heard that number somewhere before. Oh, that's right! It's the same angle that the earth is tilted at on the RE model (the correct one I might point out). Interesting coincidence for the FE isn't it, but I guess that's what you people are all about.
 am a round-earther traversing this site to disprove false claims and bring the light of science to those who remain in the dark without it. Thank you for your time.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2006, 12:55:40 AM »
Quote from: "Aralith"
did you know that the tropics are noted because they are the only areas that are in what's called the "sun's direct path",

I did.  What's your point?

they're at 23.5 degrees north and south of the equator. Strange... I swear I've heard that number somewhere before. Oh, that's right! It's the same angle that the earth is tilted at on the RE model

Yes, an amazing coincidence.  The made-up RE model had a parameter which had to agree with the locations of the tropics, so the RE scientists set it appropriately.

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2006, 03:43:04 AM »
so the sun and moon orbit in a circle above the flat earth? what mechanism causes this? it is incompatible with gravity.
tf?

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2006, 12:46:43 PM »
In the FE model, is the earth spinning about its axis at all?  See, that's something that I haven't seen brought up as much as I feel it should be (Or I haven't read carefully enough).  Anyway, would that explain cloud and other weather's movement on a FE model, or is there some other explanation for that?  Is all weather and atmospheric variation still just one huge storm that was set into motion (ex: Jupiter's red spot) for unknown reasons?
Granted I have done no research into this whatsoever, it just popped into my head while at work.
SHOOP DA WHOOP

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2006, 12:52:22 PM »
Quote from: "Ezkerraldean"
so the sun and moon orbit in a circle above the flat earth? what mechanism causes this? it is incompatible with gravity.

Incompatible with what now?

?

agkklr

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2006, 06:56:31 AM »
First of all, please accept my apologizes for any langage mistake, I'm not english :-)

Secondly, I really think you ARE INDEED joking about the whole FE stuff... But I'll go into it, and try to shoot down your belief :)

I've got a few questions regarding your FE model, that can be quite well illustrated by the pic given at the top of the 2nd page of this topic (which I assume to be the definitive one.

The first thing that comes to my mind concerns other planets from the solar system : When looking at those planets with a telescope, we can definitely observe spherical objects rotating. Even if the FE model doesn't get any information about those planets, how do you accept a system that doesn't/can't explain something you can surely observe yourself ?

A second point would concern life on earth : With the FE theory, you assume that Earth is a flat disc rotating around it's center, right ? This way, considering the circumference of this disc (roughly 78,000 miles based on your assertions), and the fact that it takes 24 hours to do a complete rotation, let's do some math (i'll use metric system, I'm much more used to it ;)) :
Centrifugal force is : mass x diameter/2 x (rotating speed)²
Here we have : mass = Say 80 kg
Diameter = 20000 km = 20000000 m
Rotating speed = 360°/24h = 0.00436 rad/s
F = 15207.7 kg.m/s² = 15207 N !!!!
e.g. Force resulting from gravity for 80 kg people is... 800 N :)
This means... If people ever went to your model's arctic zone, they would be... Ejected out of earth by a force 20 times greater than their own weight ? (Please note that as opposed to the RE model, this force is absolutely perpendicular to the gravitation force in FE model)
OK, their's not a lot of people living in artic zone. But does this mean that space is full of flying penguins ? Goood the dream of linux-lovers finally came true ! Oh no ! There is a wall around the disc, I forgot it ! Well my friends, we've got penguins incrustations on this wall, I guess !
At least, people living in Southern Africa would be submitted to a 7-times-the gravity centrifugal force... Any physical adaptation for these conditions ? Then people living in the "north" won't go to the south, because they're not fitted to avoid falling ? Well... Well... Well...

Let's try to answer these two ones, and I shall give you my other questions ;)

?

Suspect-Device

Mwua?
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2006, 01:00:15 PM »
ummmmm, how does LE explain the horizon? and im sorry, i just cannot believe the absurbity that people still believe this tripe hundreds of years after it was disproven, and what would be the politcal gain of keeping people in the dark about whether or not the earth is flat or not? THERES NO POINT IN FEEDING PEOPLE MISIFORMATION IN THIS SUBJECT so why do it? and plus, examinations taken place during earthquakes and other such phenomina have given us maps on the earths make up which show us that there is indeed a large amount of molten rock below us followed by a spherical solid core .

frankly this theory is only around because it was driven by religious zeal (if i may quote lenin; "Religion is the opiate of the masses") and crackpot consiracy theorists with nothing better to do than 'fight the machine'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon
*link to horizon details and such

?

Suspect-Device

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2006, 09:48:12 AM »
BUMP

awnser me damn you!

?

bcuzbcuz

Everyone lies sometime.
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2006, 07:21:57 AM »
"My dad spent 2 years in Deputatski (little settlement beyond the arctic circle in Russia) He sais it is dark for half a year and light for half a year. Would that count? "

Your dad was lying. Or he may have been oversimplifying to explain to young children. Check back with and ask if it was "really and truly dark" for half a year. Don't be angry with him when he explains the complete and untarnished truth that it wasn't all that dark for all that long.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
Re: Everyone lies sometime.
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2006, 09:30:23 AM »
Quote from: "bcuzbcuz"
Your dad was lying. Or he may have been oversimplifying to explain to young children. Check back with and ask if it was "really and truly dark" for half a year. Don't be angry with him when he explains the complete and untarnished truth that it wasn't all that dark for all that long.

There is a difference between exaggeration and simplification. There is no reason to try to simplify something that is so simple to begin with. And you are not helping your side by making stupid arguments like that. :roll:

The Flat Side actually supports that. The orbit of the sun actually changes with the seasons, so extended periods of darkness in the center of the Earth is not only possible, but probable.

?

DeathApples

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2007, 10:20:11 PM »
Wouldn't pictures like:

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/earth_1_apollo17_big.gif

Disprove the entire FET?  8-)

?

MMMM

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2007, 10:39:14 PM »
One fundamental problem with the whole FE map model is the fact that regardless of it's drawn scale, you would still have a line of sight to the sun 24hrs a day.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2007, 11:03:58 PM »
Quote from: "MMMM"
One fundamental problem with the whole FE map model is the fact that regardless of it's drawn scale, you would still have a line of sight to the sun 24hrs a day.

You do know how light works, right?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

Eisiger

• I hope she made lots of spaghetti!
Re: Rendered Picture of Flat Earth Universe
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2007, 07:49:15 PM »
Yes. Apparently, lights reappear throughout the day using a mirrage, as if it had come from underneath the Earth. This is not true, however, since now that it has shone in that direction, you are seeing side effects from the Sun's spotlike rays. The sun is not a giant firey ball, but a giant firey ball captured in a stage lamp being controlled by NASA to keep the sun in different areas, to throw everyone off.
~D-Draw

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2007, 02:57:37 AM »
OK seriously... spaghetti has everything right exept i got bored after page 3 and had some of my own things to bring up

plz explain to me how ppl who heat thier homes through geothermal heating techniques do that.... i mean.... if thre is no mantle.... then there in no melted rock at searing temperatures... meaning no heat coming from under the crust MEANING these people with geothermal heated homes are being heated by some kind of magic that the government has devised in order for us to think our planet has a core.

the sun also blows my mind... u claim that its only 3000 miles away... if thisis true and we are assuming the *sun* is still running on fission and fussion of plasma atoms,(although its impossible for this to happen in such a small sun) how is it that everything directly under then sun (3000 miles) isnt burned away in a fiery inferno of heat?, and if u come back at me with "well the sun is so small so its not that hot" then u lose again because then anything more than a couple hundred miles north and south of your FE equator would be a barren frozen wastland devoid of life.

and wut happens with mountains south and north of the FE eqautor which i have been assuming to be under the path of the sun.... i mean wouldnt they have a permanent shadow to the side opposite the sun.... ALL year round...... i can tell u this is not true.

the earth is round, deal with it

?

WheresTheEdge?

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2007, 03:52:06 PM »
the very fact that you had to create this map mocks the whole idea.  too bad you couldn't use a satalite image.  where's the edge?  i've been to antarctica, and I didn't see it.  Noone has.

« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2007, 11:32:14 PM »
I want a flat earth map that is exactly to scale. If the world is flat then surely drawing a map of it should be easier, right?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2007, 01:54:41 AM »
I want a flat earth map that is exactly to scale. If the world is flat then surely drawing a map of it should be easier, right?

Just by using the FAQ and a few cionfused posts before, I've provided you with some:

Standard flat earth map
South-pole centric map (to show just how distorted the Eaerth is on FE)
The Earth at night (because it's pretty)
Time-zone map
Tectonic plate map
Flat Mars map

use the search for 'FE Cartography) by Chrissetti to find them

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »

Just by using the FAQ and a few cionfused posts before, I've provided you with some:

Standard flat earth map
South-pole centric map (to show just how distorted the Eaerth is on FE)
The Earth at night (because it's pretty)
Time-zone map
Tectonic plate map
Flat Mars map

use the search for 'FE Cartography) by Chrissetti to find them

What? I cant find any of these?!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2007, 08:15:35 AM »
Thanks, gayer, saves me the hassle  :D

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2007, 08:16:26 AM »
Just call me the Search Master! ;D

Do they help ezsteve?
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2007, 08:17:50 AM »
Good effort on the maps, but still, as i've said before, the continents are not that shape, or those proportions.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2007, 08:25:01 AM »
They are in the FE model which is based on the UN map, which is itself a polar projection of the Earth. These maps are wholly accurate by the standards laid out in the FAQ.

« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2007, 08:47:58 AM »
That does not mean that these map could at all be an accurate representation of the flat earth. Australia is not that stretched out, and south america is not that big in proportion to north america.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2007, 08:50:06 AM »
It is just based on the UN logo, hardly a map. I expect that if the Earth is flat it would be the oceans that are stretched out a lot more than we think.

« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2007, 08:56:53 AM »
But then that means that the oceans would be HUGE in proportion to the continents?