I've noticed a strange correlation here...

• 37 Replies
I've noticed a strange correlation here...
« on: April 13, 2007, 10:56:44 AM »
Hello, i am Karadan and i'm new. I just found this site by accident and feel i must put a few observations forward.
I've just spent the best part of two hours reading the posts contained within this site and feel i have found a convenient correlation with the people who are 'FE'.

Religion.

I shall explain.

It seems to me the believers in the FE theory are the kind of people who blindly side with an assumption because someone authoritative (in their eyes) has told them that this is fact. It has been happening for centuries and will continue to do so. It is a common trait for people to side with an assumption if it fits snugly with their world view. Deeply religious? Then maybe the world must be flat afterall. Suicide bombers believe totally that they are right when causing so much devastation but we all know they are wrong, don't we? In this regard i believe trying to debate that the world is infact round with FE theorists to be as useless as trying to persuade a suicide bomber that blowing up innocent people is atrociously wrong.

It is a strange tendency for deeply religious people to retreat inwardly when confronted with unequivocal proof going against the grain of their belief, especially if that belief was reenforced by parents or mother/father figures. Unfortunately these beliefs are often very outdated and the rest of the world has moved on. Because of this, and the deep rooted opinions these people have, they will flatly refuse to acknowledge any counter argument even if it glares them in the face. The ability for some humans to completely disregard reality because their peers told them to do so gets in the way of social progression and evolution. Example: Catholics not being allowed to use contraception... I wonder how many unwanted babies are out there and how many VD's have been communicated because of this incredible inability for people to think for themselves.

I just thank my lucky stars that the FE theory isn't widely accepted, because if it was, we'd still be in the dark ages.

To all the FE theorists who are NOT religious in any way, please post and tell me. I will look forward to what you've got to say. Also, i'd like to know if any of the FE theorists here work within the scientific community.

I'd like to thank the rational people on this site for applying well formulated scientific arguments to counter the FE theory. Unfortunately i believe it to be a futile effort. People displaying the FE school of thought seem to be as malleable as a diamond. I just hope this site is one big joke, and that in a few months time everyone will be laughing at the scientists here for thinking that people could actually be so exasperatingly backward.

I hope the above isn't considered 'blasphemous' as the last Christian forum i tried to debate in ended with my account getting banned within minutes.

HellboundGreaser

• Clever bastard
Re: I've noticed a strange correlation here...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 11:12:01 AM »
Wow. Fucking brilliantly well said. The first beer I crack tonight is in your honor karadan.
Darling facist bully boy, give me some more you bastard, may seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 04:58:12 PM »
Just to bump it back up to the top. :)

?

RoundPlaneter

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 05:30:17 PM »
well said Karadan.
couldn't help but notice that no FE'rs have replied.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 05:33:40 PM »
You must be lonely and sad, being a heretic and all, Karadan!

You have my sympathies.  Maybe some day you'll come to understand the truth.  Then you can learn what it is to be happy!

Cheers, mate!
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 05:34:12 PM »
well said Karadan.
couldn't help but notice that no FE'rs have replied.

I doubt they will, at least none of them will profess to being athiest - i'm sure.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 05:34:34 PM »
Almost all the FE'ers on this site are atheists.  So...there goes your theory.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 05:47:14 PM »

Sure, "almost all". Anyhows, the Earth being flat is what the FE'ers believe. Nothing more than a belief, regardless it's from some religion or not. For the atheists, they should reconsider religion, as they're already stepping into beliefs without supportive evidence now.
GPS does not require satellites, fortunately it uses it.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 05:50:40 PM »
Did you see the peer reviewed evidence provided by Samuel Birley Robotham in Earth Not a Globe and the rest of the Flat Earth Literature?

There are hundreds of pieces of evidence that support a Flat Earth.

?

Game_Guru777

• Truth knows no bounds...
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 05:51:42 PM »

It seems to me the believers in the FE theory are the kind of people who blindly side with an assumption because someone authoritative (in their eyes) has told them that this is fact.

Most people are taught from an early age that the world is round... I would think the opposite to be true.  Besides, I'm pretty sure nearly all religions have accepted the world to be round by this point.  Magellan sailed around the world to prove it was round and there wasn't too much controversy from the church about it.  Speaking of which, what do the Flat Earthies say about Magellan anyway?  Is he part of the conspiracy too?

Of course he was... Didn't you know that? Every scientist or person who claimed that the Earth is round is in on it.  Even from a few thousand years back when the Greeks figured it out. That's where it started you know. And somehow, I believe that it was a time machine, all of them worked together to prove the Earth is round, All the Greeks who made it up, Aristotle, Galileo, Einstein, Magellan, and Merlock the wizard (He created the time machine) They all met on the ice wall for tea every three years to discus how they should mislead the world for no reason.

So you see, it all makes sence; the flatness, the psudo-force acceleration gravity, the ice wall, the magic, the stuff that doesn't make any sence (Even to a stoner) all if it is true.

And if you think all I've said is what I really think, I have a bridge to sell you.
Hold it!!! Your statement directly contradicts the evidence.

Objection!!! Your claims make no sense! Think about what you are going to say before you say it!

Evidence is everything...

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 05:56:20 PM »

I think he got points here.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 05:59:39 PM »
Did you see the peer reviewed evidence provided by Samuel Birley Robotham in Earth Not a Globe and the rest of the Flat Earth Literature?

There are hundreds of pieces of evidence that support a Flat Earth.

Unfortunately...99% has been shown to be crap.

1% is just so utterly ridiculous it is impossible to disprove (like the moon giving off "dark light".......right)
It was decided that Tom's abuse of his suspiciously acquired mod powers was too much to let continue.  His account was deleted.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 06:00:19 PM »
lol

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 06:06:24 PM »
You must be lonely and sad, being a heretic and all, Karadan!

You have my sympathies.  Maybe some day you'll come to understand the truth.  Then you can learn what it is to be happy!

Cheers, mate!

I don't need or want your sympathy. I don't even need to reveal my loneliness and sadness to you, not because i have any, but because all the people who read this (the rational ones anyway) will realise that i am a well rounded, contented and balanced individual. I fear it must be you who is lonely and sad to hold such a depressing ideology so closely.

People like you scare me. I've met people like you before and you all share the same common trait - what i like to call 'marble eye'.. It is as if someone has replaced your real eyes with silvery marbles. I've seen preachers with it. Jehovas witnesses have it. Catholic priests possess it. Even Tony Blair has it. It is where a mind has been so warped by a belief which goes against the grain of rational thought and reality that our bodies literally react to it at a cellular level - creating an almost imperceptible silvery sheen over the iris. The eyes are the window to the soul and you people definitely have that window totally polarised. It is as if the genetics of the body has induced a counter-measure to ensure other biological entities are unable to see the cess-pit residing underneath the insidious facade of your true self.

If happiness is being blind, then you need glasses. I'm quite happy being able to see, and from here, the clarity is amazing.

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 06:10:52 PM »

Who?

I want to speak to them.

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 06:13:52 PM »
Yeah, and Engineer, when did you become Official Religious Spokesman for the FE'rs on this site?
It was decided that Tom's abuse of his suspiciously acquired mod powers was too much to let continue.  His account was deleted.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 06:14:41 PM »
I myself believe in a Flat Earth not because of religion, but as a result of my own observations, experiments, and scientific proofs. I'm an atheist who came to the conclusion of a Flat Earth because it makes vastly more scientific sense than a Round Earth. I hold a ~ Redacted By Administration ~ from ~ Redacted By Administration ~.

There are certain observations that could only occur because of a Flat Earth.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 06:29:35 PM by John Davis »

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 06:17:01 PM »
There are certain observations that could only occur because of a Flat Earth

Which are........?

There is NO observation that could only occur becuase of a Flat Earth. All the FE'rs have are observations that work with RE model, and then they hijack them, smash the crap out them and stick them together with some bad quality wood glue to explain how it is slightly possible they make work now for the FE.

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 06:21:43 PM »
I myself believe in a Flat Earth not because of religion, but as a result of my own observations, experiments, and scientific proofs. I'm an atheist who came to the conclusion of a Flat Earth because it makes much more scientific sense than a Round Earth. I hold a ~ Redacted By Administration ~ from   ~ Redacted By Administration ~.

Then you have my respect for sticking to your conclusions. Your are wrong, of course.
Your observatons are?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 06:29:51 PM by John Davis »

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 06:22:47 PM »
I myself believe in a Flat Earth not because of religion, but as a result of my own observations, experiments, and scientific proofs. I'm an atheist who came to the conclusion of a Flat Earth because it makes vastly more scientific sense than a Round Earth. I hold a ~ Redacted By Administration ~.

You're not an atheist, or a scientist. You're a piece of furniture.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 06:30:06 PM by John Davis »

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 06:24:30 PM »
I myself believe in a Flat Earth not because of religion, but as a result of my own observations, experiments, and scientific proofs. I'm an atheist who came to the conclusion of a Flat Earth because it makes vastly more scientific sense than a Round Earth. I hold a ~ Redacted By Administration ~.

Sure, things like optical illusions of the earth's curvature from out of space. This can only be done with a flat earth..uh huh.. I so very believe you Tommy.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=12491.0

Tom Bishop getting owned, A G A I N.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 06:30:22 PM by John Davis »

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 06:31:16 PM »
Your observatons are?

~ Redacted By Administration ~
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 06:32:01 PM by John Davis »

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 06:33:04 PM »
You are so hilarious without wanting to be. That is a gift, Tom.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 06:32:35 PM by John Davis »

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 06:38:52 PM »
Perhaps it was an optical illusion that you could see them, Tom?

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007, 06:40:25 PM »
Perhaps, perhaps.

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 06:43:18 PM »
I do not believe you.

I've stood on the shore of Larnica in Cyprus and looked across the bay to Dhekelia with binoculars. I wasn't able to see the surf breaking on the sand at the other side because of the curvature of the earth. The distance was only 7 miles.

Where did you buy your masters from??

?

Game_Guru777

• Truth knows no bounds...
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 06:45:59 PM »

Wow... I find it kinda hard to believe you measured all of this for no apparent reason. I mean when I go to the beach, I kinda focus on having fun, maybe even fly a kite or something, now you on the other hand have to go and measure everything instead of having a life. All this just to 'prove' something on a board that didnt exist until today. You depress me Tom... What with all the nonsencical stuff you say.

Now run along, you little scamp   :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 06:32:57 PM by John Davis »
Hold it!!! Your statement directly contradicts the evidence.

Objection!!! Your claims make no sense! Think about what you are going to say before you say it!

Evidence is everything...

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007, 06:47:57 PM »
Toms an accountant with a doctorate in Geology, Physics, Chemistry, and Astronomy.  Thats why he knows everything.  Thats also why his opinions disprove facts. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2007, 06:49:01 PM »
Toms an accountant with a doctorate in Geology, Physics, Chemistry, and Astronomy.  Thats why he knows everything.  Thats also why his opinions disprove facts. 

I am making that my sig. Beautiful.  :o

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2007, 06:51:34 PM »
Oh, and by the way, the distance from Dover to Calais across the channel in the UK is 20 miles. on ONLY the clearest of clear days are you able to see the french shoreline from the cliffs of dover (i know, i live near there). I would need a high-powered telescope to actually see people from that far away.

Your figure of 33 miles is complete BS i'm afraid, especially through binoculars.. Sorry but your scientific ineptitude does not lend credence to your other FE buddies.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 07:10:43 PM by Tom Bishop »