Proof of Gravity

• 10 Replies

Trekky0623

• Official Member
Proof of Gravity
« on: April 10, 2007, 04:42:14 PM »
In 1798, Henry Cavendish stated the Gravitation Constant (or G).  He measured this with a balance with two lead balls.  Other balls were near them, and when moved, the lead ball oscillated slightly toward the other balls, proving that they had a gravitational pull.  Now, we can assumed with quite good reasoning that the Earth, having mass, also has a gravitational field.  Your turn.

?

Tom Bishop

Re: Proof of Gravity
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 05:28:05 PM »
What you provided was proof of gravitation. Gravitation still exists in FE as a mechanical bending of space-time stemming from the acceleration of mass. See the Equivalence Principle. The Cavendish Experiment is entirely agreeable with Flat Earth Theory.

What you are thinking of is Gravity. In Flat Earth Theory, Gravity does not exist as the mechanism for gravitation. Indeed, the hypothetical Graviton particle has never been discovered by any scientist.

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 05:29:22 PM »
It seems that the FE'ers like to add things to their FE model when they are hit with something they can't explain.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 05:31:16 PM »
It seems that the FE'ers like to add things to their FE model when they are hit with something they can't explain.

Are you telling me that in your time here you haven't noticed the hundreds of times the Equivalence Principle has been mentioned on this website as an explanation for Gravitation between objects?

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 05:32:26 PM »

Are you telling me that in your time here you haven't noticed the hundreds of times the Equivalence Principle has been mentioned on this website as an explanation for Gravitation between objects?

I don't speak geek.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 05:33:38 PM »
I just did a search for the equivalence principle and got two references.  Both led to this thread.

Care to explain the equivalence principle, since it evidently has not been done yet?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 05:39:04 PM »
That's funny, when I did a search I found four pages full of references. You probably spelled 'Equivalence Principle' wrong.

Here is a particularly informative thread on the subject: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=11670.0

Summarily, the perpetually accelerating coin of the Flat Earth has gravitation but not Gravity. Due to the General Relativity and the Equivalence Principle the acceleration of mass warps space-time in such a way that it creates a uniform gravitational field around the mass accelerating.

For more information see http://xxx.lanl.gov/ftp/physics/papers/0204/0204044.pdf

"However one of the main tenants of general relativity is the Principle of Equivalence: A uniform gravitational field is equivalent to a uniformly accelerating frame of reference. This implies that one can create a uniform gravitational field simply by changing one’s frame of reference from an inertial frame of reference to an accelerating frame, which is a rather difficult idea to accept."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 05:42:35 PM by Tom Bishop »

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 05:57:43 PM »
Just did it again.  5 references, all to this thread.  If I had been spelling it wrong in the first place it wouldn't have led me back here unless YOU spelled it wrong.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »
Just did it again.  5 references, all to this thread.  If I had been spelling it wrong in the first place it wouldn't have led me back here unless YOU spelled it wrong.

You are a champion.  :-*
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

[][][]

• Man of science.
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 07:11:59 PM »
I see four pages of threads relating to the Equivalence Principle.

EDIT: The link I pasted does not actually lead to the results but to a blank search box, place 'Equivalence Principle' in the search box and you will find four pages, I assure you.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 07:15:14 PM by [][][] »
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. -Some Frenchy

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 09:48:53 PM »
 ??? ??? ??? Still not getting anything.  Fuck it.