hello.

• 9 Replies
hello.
« on: April 09, 2007, 11:27:23 PM »
Hello, im have read your very "Fun" Q&A page lol. I have to say you FE'ers are A. Believe anything or B. have GREAt faith in things your not 100% about. What I am saying when i say this is here are some Quesions i would like Answered. i will go down the list of things from the Q&A page found here http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=11211.0
First, Q: "What is the circumference and diameter of the Earth?"

A: "Circumference: 78225 miles, Diameter: 24,900 miles.  I would like to know how you found this out when you have never even seen this "Ice Wall" or gotten a pictrue of the "True" earth. Or simply did you pull it out of thin air.
Next,
Q: "Please explain sunrises/sunsets."

A: It's a perspective effect.  Really, the sun is just getting farther away; it looks like it disappears because everything gets smaller and eventually disappears as it gets farther away. now at first this sounds sorta ok/ could happen. But later on down the lsit . . . .
Q : "Why is the North pole colder than the equator?"

A: The sun circles over the equator, not the North pole. Now hows it Circling the earth if its just moving away?  :o lets move on . . . .
Then, we got the map. http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=1264&start=16 i like the photoshop one better then the old one. Now how do you exsplain the Ice in the middle of the "earth" and the Ice wall on the outside   ??? i mean the suns moving AWAy in one direction no? and if not then hows there ice on the middle and outside of the "earth" If its circeling the "earth" then it has to be on one side or the other if the "earth" is Flat  ??? lets move on . . . .
I love this one,
Q: "What about tides?"

A: The tides exist due to a slight see-saw effect on the earth. As it goes back and forth, the water rushes to the side that is lower. Note, this is a very slight wobble. Remember, these wobbles are created by very minor earthquakes. They keep the tides in check. Notice that large earthquakes result in large tides or "tsunami". i would hate to live on the "Ice Wall" you would get sick from going up and down all day. Hey if not and its very slight then the earth moving round would be to no? The earth is VERY big how does that make since if this makes since? http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=3152.msg28574#msg28574
in 3rd Paragraph.
Next, we have Q: How does the atmosphere stay on the Earth? please please Answer this.
Then we have this,
Q: "If the Earth was indeed a flat disc, wouldn't the whole planet crunch up into itself and eventually transform into a ball?"

A1: If the Earth generated a gravitational field, yes, it would eventually happen, after a billion years maybe. FE assumes that the Earth does not generate a gravitational field. Also, I'm not sure what FE's stance on the age of the world is, but it's plausible that it's a younger estimation than the RE claim. Um . . . if there is no gravitational field why  do i fall out of my computer chair when i lean to the right or left to much  :o ?
Oh and, Q: "What about satellites? How do they orbit the Earth?"

A1: They don't, satellite signals come from radio towers. Where are the MASSIVE TOWERS!? if you have radio towers doing all the things they are doing now they would have to be HUGE i am talking HUGE like your momma was so fat when she sat on a rainbow skittles come out. Kind of  HUGE.

Q: "Why are other celestial bodies round but not the Earth?"

A: When you look at these celestial bodies, even with a telescope, they're entirely two-dimensional.
o.o........... if i look in a Telescope far away and look at your face is it two dimensional?
This is one of my favorite, Q: Why is NASA’s space shuttle runway curved?

A: It was specially constructed by NASA to be so. After all NASA are at the heart of the conspiracy. How is it that NASA was made WAY after all the Governments  hows are they the heart of the conspiracy?
and last but not lest,
Q: Why hasn’t this site been shut down by the government?

A: Doing so would prove that the government is hiding something. Or wasting their time. . . . .   ???

Well as the 17 year old i am i have said my peace about all this. If i can find contradictions in what you say . . . i hope you A. still Believe this stuff or B. go WTF have i been doing?! because if you pick A. you have a VERY hard head and stick to what you say and I admirer that. or B. good for you  ;D
p.s RE FTW ROFL!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:49:57 PM by Knoll »

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
Re: hello.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 01:05:07 AM »
Go back to the FAQ.

Read the book Earth Not a Globe
GPS does not require satellites, fortunately it uses it.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 01:20:16 AM »
Go back to the FAQ?! He's freaking quoting from it!

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 01:28:04 AM »
Go back to the FAQ?! He's freaking quoting from it!

It's fun to see how people react to my posts everytime I say things like that. I was joking. but Tom Bishop never jokes about it.
GPS does not require satellites, fortunately it uses it.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 01:42:56 AM »
It's funny because it's true.

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 07:49:04 AM »
Before i say more i will wait for more people to reply. Oh and why should i read your book if your FAQ is contradicting what you say already. I don't like to waste my time .. . .

CommonCents

• ^_^
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 07:53:00 AM »
First it's not 'our' FAQ it's 'Daniel's' FAQ...I've seen countless posts by FE'ers go against what's stated there.  Second you should read the book because it's fucking funny...read some of the experiments and have a good laugh ^_^
OMG!

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 07:54:11 AM »
Oh i already had my laughing i laughed all day when i found the FAQ lol . .. .

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 08:18:25 AM »
Oh and i really want people to see this mostly Tom Bishop but anyways if you delete this . . . quoted from the best *laugh*

A: Doing so would prove that the government is hiding something.
then this is all a bunch of BS put up for people to waste time . .. . so dont delete this post me like where its going.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 01:14:56 PM »
First, Q: "What is the circumference and diameter of the Earth?"

A: "Circumference: 78225 miles, Diameter: 24,900 miles.  I would like to know how you found this out when you have never even seen this "Ice Wall" or gotten a pictrue of the "True" earth. Or simply did you pull it out of thin air.

The diameter of the known flat Earth is the circum. of the RE.  It's just a result of the two geometries. 

Q: "Please explain sunrises/sunsets."

A: It's a perspective effect.  Really, the sun is just getting farther away; it looks like it disappears because everything gets smaller and eventually disappears as it gets farther away. now at first this sounds sorta ok/ could happen. But later on down the lsit . . . .
Q : "Why is the North pole colder than the equator?"

A: The sun circles over the equator, not the North pole. Now hows it Circling the earth if its just moving away?  :o lets move on . . . .

The differences are negligible at such great distances.  The circle around which the sun traverses is very very large, so there is little curvature apparent.  Except, of course, when the sun is not directly overhead.  In the case of winter the sun is physically further away than in the summer, making more of the suns path visible and thus making more curvature visible. 

Then, we got the map. http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=1264&start=16 i like the photoshop one better then the old one. Now how do you exsplain the Ice in the middle of the "earth" and the Ice wall on the outside   ??? i mean the suns moving AWAy in one direction no? and if not then hows there ice on the middle and outside of the "earth" If its circeling the "earth" then it has to be on one side or the other if the "earth" is Flat  ??? lets move on . . . .

I have no idea what it is you are trying to say so I will just make a blanket statement.  The Sun traverses a path near the equator, never crossing over the north or south poles.  There is ice in the middle of the Earth because light is striking the surface at a very small angle which creates a very low energy density on the surface.  Also, this small angle causes reflection of much of the energy.  The same reasoning applies to the south pole. 

I love this one,
Q: "What about tides?"

A: The tides exist due to a slight see-saw effect on the earth. As it goes back and forth, the water rushes to the side that is lower. Note, this is a very slight wobble. Remember, these wobbles are created by very minor earthquakes. They keep the tides in check. Notice that large earthquakes result in large tides or "tsunami". i would hate to live on the "Ice Wall" you would get sick from going up and down all day.

Is that supposed to prove something?  If so, no. 

Hey if not and its very slight then the earth moving round would be to no? The earth is VERY big how does that make since if this makes since? http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=3152.msg28574#msg28574
in 3rd Paragraph.
Next, we have Q: How does the atmosphere stay on the Earth? please please Answer this.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?  I cannot understand the words coming out of your fingers.  I'm going to ignore most of this incoherent slop (I weep for the future).  The atmosphere must be contained by a dome on the flat Earth. 

Then we have this,
Q: "If the Earth was indeed a flat disc, wouldn't the whole planet crunch up into itself and eventually transform into a ball?"

A1: If the Earth generated a gravitational field, yes, it would eventually happen, after a billion years maybe. FE assumes that the Earth does not generate a gravitational field. Also, I'm not sure what FE's stance on the age of the world is, but it's plausible that it's a younger estimation than the RE claim. Um . . . if there is no gravitational field why  do i fall out of my computer chair when i lean to the right or left to much  :o ?

Maybe it's because you're so fat (who can name that quote?!)?  But really, this is addressed in the FAQ that you apparently read. 

Oh and, Q: "What about satellites? How do they orbit the Earth?"

A1: They don't, satellite signals come from radio towers. Where are the MASSIVE TOWERS!? if you have radio towers doing all the things they are doing now they would have to be HUGE i am talking HUGE like your momma was so fat when she sat on a rainbow skittles come out. Kind of  HUGE.
I see towers all over the place.  Usually on the top of buildings and mountains.  They don't have to be massive, there just has to be many of them. 

Q: "Why are other celestial bodies round but not the Earth?"

A: When you look at these celestial bodies, even with a telescope, they're entirely two-dimensional.
o.o........... if i look in a Telescope far away and look at your face is it two dimensional?

Yes?

This is one of my favorite, Q: Why is NASA’s space shuttle runway curved?

A: It was specially constructed by NASA to be so. After all NASA are at the heart of the conspiracy. How is it that NASA was made WAY after all the Governments  hows are they the heart of the conspiracy?

How was NASA made after the government?  Well, in 1958 the National Aeronautics and Space Act created NASA.  There are plenty of books and internet articles about this if you really are that interested. 

and last but not lest,

A: Doing so would prove that the government is hiding something. Or wasting their time. . . . .   ???

That means nothing.  I'm wasting time responding to you.  All of humanity is wasting time.  Simply because something is a waste doesn't mean it isn't happening. 

Well as the 17 year old i am i have said my peace about all this. If i can find contradictions in what you say . . . i hope you A. still Believe this stuff or B. go WTF have i been doing?! because if you pick A. you have a VERY hard head and stick to what you say and I admirer that. or B. good for you  ;D
p.s RE FTW ROFL!

Seventeen?  I would have guessed lower, but that's just like my opinion.  If you had made any kind of coherent point you may have convinced someone, but ... you didn't.