« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 03:52:14 PM by narcberry »

?

jizzmaster

Re: Which way is up again?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 03:48:44 PM »
TRUE

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 04:11:17 PM »
Correct: bubbles DO go up. However, up is relative. the bubble is travelling away from the earth because it is lighter than air. You fail narcberry.
Plato: People are inherently bad.
Aristotle: People are inherently good.
Me: People are inherently stupid.

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 04:13:31 PM »
Correct: bubbles DO go up. However, up is relative. the bubble is travelling away from the earth because it is lighter than air. You fail narcberry.

Up means up to me. If up means down or sideways to you, you are mistaken.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 04:17:56 PM »
It's called "gravity" (I know, I know, gravity doesn't exist on FE, but it does on RE).  If you accept the RE model, you accept that at every point on the globe, "up" means "towards the sky".

So yes, it's perfectly logical for bubbles to go up in the US and in China at the same time, even if we live on a RE.  Direction is relative to your position on the globe.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 04:21:37 PM »

Up means up to me. If up means down or sideways to you, you are mistaken.

Up in China is away from the ground. It is the same in the U.S., and everywhere else. Again narc, you fail.

To someone observing the world from outside, say, on a large camel, a bubble, I'll use a helium balloon, just because, two released from Australia and America will both move away from the earth...in opposite directions. For the third time, you fail narc.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 04:55:35 PM by Pablo the Incredible »
Plato: People are inherently bad.
Aristotle: People are inherently good.
Me: People are inherently stupid.

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 04:28:44 PM »
These forums are comedy  :D ;D

narcberry

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 04:32:01 PM »
It's called "gravity" (I know, I know, gravity doesn't exist on FE, but it does on RE).  If you accept the RE model, you accept that at every point on the globe, "up" means "towards the sky".

So yes, it's perfectly logical for bubbles to go up in the US and in China at the same time, even if we live on a RE.  Direction is relative to your position on the globe.

Take a look at my newly posted gravity thread.

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 09:12:34 PM »
So narcberry, according to you bubbles in China don't go up, they go into the ground...?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 09:32:59 PM »
It's called "gravity" (I know, I know, gravity doesn't exist on FE, but it does on RE).
It sure doesn't.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 10:33:17 PM »

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 02:35:25 AM »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 02:39:14 AM by leclerc »
RE= REALITY

FE= FAKE

?

DakaSha

• I'm so obviously gay
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 06:02:05 AM »
Explain this! http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=0696

actually why dont you explain it. as far as i can tell it is based on the fact that the earth is round

I know the waterfalls shadow is wrong. Eat a dick you fuckin know-it-all :P
A Genius: PBF

CommonCents

• ^_^
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 07:18:09 AM »
Question for Narcberry:

If I somehow made a perfectly spherical room(spherical so there is no 'landmark' to give away direction) and if I somehow had a way for this room to avoid/break/ignore gravitation (notice I didn't say gravity because I know TheEngineer would be here in a heartbeat to say "that's not hard as gravity doesn't exist") and if I put you in the center of this sphere-room and spun you around a bunch of times...which way would be up?

The point:

Up is a relative term we have given to the opposite of the direction in which we fall.  The key word in there is RELATIVE.
OMG!

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 10:05:39 AM »
WOW  ;D

Do you REALLY have trouble understanding up? LOL

CommonCents

• ^_^
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 10:54:23 AM »
No, I know which way is up, you round earth moron.  It's you that don't know which way is up, if you are in China, because according to your belief, up would be down there!  Doesn't anybody get it? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Thanks for ignoring my question narc.
OMG!

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 11:08:44 AM »
Bubbles don't travel specifically up. They travel away from the earth, perpendicular to the tangent of the earth (yeah, i know its like a double negative but thats the best way i can put it)

CommonCents

• ^_^
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 11:36:56 AM »
Question for Narcberry:

If I somehow made a perfectly spherical room(spherical so there is no 'landmark' to give away direction) and if I somehow had a way for this room to avoid/break/ignore gravitation (notice I didn't say gravity because I know TheEngineer would be here in a heartbeat to say "that's not hard as gravity doesn't exist") and if I put you in the center of this sphere-room and spun you around a bunch of times...which way would be up?

The point:

Up is a relative term we have given to the opposite of the direction in which we fall.  The key word in there is RELATIVE.

Narc, oh master of up and down, could you please answer?
OMG!

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 11:46:05 AM »
So, according to you all, as soon as a bubble is formed it flies straight upwards (that is to say, on a line that is normal (perpendicular) to the surface) and continues on this path until it bursts?

Strange, my bubbles travel in a pattern similar to that of Brownian Motion.

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 11:57:38 AM »
Wow, that gravity train idea was awesome. Yet another proof that forty-two is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

?

DakaSha

• I'm so obviously gay
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 08:40:21 AM »
So, according to you all, as soon as a bubble is formed it flies straight upwards (that is to say, on a line that is normal (perpendicular) to the surface) and continues on this path until it bursts?

Strange, my bubbles travel in a pattern similar to that of Brownian Motion.

wow nicly taken out of context

narcberry

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 07:52:52 AM »
Up is up is up. In China bubbles do go up. If the earth is round, this up would lead them to collide with earth. But since the earth is flat, bubbles all go up. This makes things simple since we dont need to create some kind of relative science only to explain bubbles. Up is up is up.

CommonCents

• ^_^
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 07:56:04 AM »
Question for Narcberry:

The point:

Narcberry...still waiting on an answer.
OMG!

?

DakaSha

• I'm so obviously gay
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 08:43:07 AM »
Up is up is up. In China bubbles do go up. If the earth is round, this up would lead them to collide with earth. But since the earth is flat, bubbles all go up. This makes things simple since we dont need to create some kind of relative science only to explain bubbles. Up is up is up.

narc you really are just a moron. the other FE'ers here may be a little crazy but your just plain dumb. sorry.

?

∂G/∂x

• All Rights Reversed
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 09:07:46 AM »
I have to agree. Bubbles don't go 'up', they move away from the centre of the Earth, i.e. from it's centre of gravitation. Just because 'up is up is up' doesn't mean that all bubbles go the same way. Left is left is left, but if we are facing opposite ways to start with, when we turn left we will be facing in different directions...(even on a Flat Earth!).
Quote from: Tom Bishop
The universe has already expanded forever

Quote from: Proverbs 24:17
Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 09:38:17 AM »
Very low theory.
GPS does not require satellites, fortunately it uses it.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 11:42:15 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I love this post.

How old are you, narcberry?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

narcberry

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 02:00:36 PM »
Question for Narcberry:

The point:

Narcberry...still waiting on an answer.

I didn't think I needed to answer since you already had a point.
But in answer to your question, "which way would be up?"
Up.

CommonCents

• ^_^
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2007, 02:02:28 PM »
And how do you determine "up" in that room?
OMG!

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 02:05:50 PM »
If the spherical Earth travelled in the same way as a flat earth then yes the bubbles would go 'up' but then again, everything in China would fall off, water would run off and we'd all be pretty screwed, which, by the way IT DOESN'T!