What proof exactly?

• 46 Replies

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
What proof exactly?
« on: April 04, 2007, 02:37:23 PM »
I keep hearing RE'ers say there are mountains of proof that the earth is round... So, what proof exactly? And dont post some secondhand photoshop picture. I mean actual proof.

YL Groper

• Supreme Allied Commander of a local N.I.G.G.A.
Re: What proof exactly?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 02:41:56 PM »
The transit of mercury/Venus.

Owned
N.I.G.G.A. stole my bike, sir!

~D-Draw

N.I.G.G.A. Saved me alot of money on my car insurance.

narcberry

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 02:43:33 PM »

Owned
This is not the mountains of proof I was refering to. Nor is it proof. YL Groper...  ::)

YL Groper

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 02:46:36 PM »

Owned
This is not the mountains of proof I was refering to. Nor is it proof. YL Groper...  ::)

Please explain

Please explain how more than 10,000 miles of spherical mass can pass between a 3,000 mile space. And additionally, still appear to be the size of tiny dots to the naked Eye.

Theory disproved.

~D-Draw

narcberry

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 02:48:33 PM »

Owned

Please explain

Please explain how more than 10,000 miles of spherical mass can pass between a 3,000 mile space. And additionally, still appear to be the size of tiny dots to the naked Eye.

Theory disproved.

There is no 10,000 miles. If there were, that would be concerning to flat earth theory. But since it is actually much smaller, this is not a problem.

YL Groper

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 02:56:32 PM »
A summarized example of what it is like dealing with an FE'er

FE'er: Dogs can fly!

Everyone else: What?!? That is the dumbest and most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. No they cant

FE'er: Prove it

Everyone else: You're an idiot

FE'er: My sister said she seen a commercial, 150 years ago, showing a dog who drank a red bull and then got wings. Dogs can fly.

Everyone else: (*thumbs up) Ok.....yeah, You should start a website and surface this incredible conspiracy.

~D-Draw

YL Groper

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 02:59:18 PM »

Owned

Please explain

Theory disproved.

There is no 10,000 miles. If there were, that would be concerning to flat earth theory.

You think?

Triangulation and the speed of light.....Theory definitively disproved.

~D-Draw

narcberry

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 03:00:02 PM »
A summarized example of what it is like dealing with an FE'er

FE'er: Dogs can fly!

Everyone else: What?!? That is the dumbest and most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. No they cant

FE'er: Prove it

Everyone else: You're an idiot

FE'er: My sister said she seen a commercial, 150 years ago, showing a dog who drank a red bull and then got wings. Dogs can fly.

Everyone else: (*thumbs up) Ok.....yeah, You should start a website and surface this incredible conspiracy.

Im frustated as well, the example above holds.

All I am asking for is proof in this thread, and the best you can do is proof thats on par with the red bull example. Just let me glimpse the mountain of proof you people speak of.

YL Groper

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 03:02:33 PM »
Triangulation and the speed of light.....theory definatively disproved.

~D-Draw

narcberry

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 03:02:57 PM »

Owned

Please explain

Theory disproved.

There is no 10,000 miles. If there were, that would be concerning to flat earth theory.

You think?

The famous measurements you speak of are sadly false. They were performing experiments that had a very large data tolerance due to all the variables encountered on such a long path for light to travel. Yet they approved a precision that is unrealistic. This is not surprising since they were funded by the governement. This type of "oversight" is common within the conspiracy.

YL Groper

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 03:06:31 PM »

Owned

Please explain

Theory disproved.

You think?

The famous measurements you speak of are sadly false. They were performing experiments that had a very large data tolerance due to all the variables encountered on such a long path for light to travel. Yet they approved a precision that is unrealistic. This is not surprising since they were funded by the governement. This type of "oversight" is common within the conspiracy.

Prove it

~D-Draw

narcberry

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 03:09:53 PM »

Owned

Please explain

Theory disproved.

You think?

Prove it

I would love to. I will do this in a new thread of my own (you have a tall order, give me until I get off work). This thread however, is dedicated to the mountains of proof for a round earth.

YL Groper

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 03:13:26 PM »
Im just amazed how for the measurements being wrong we have near/virtually precise calculated data to support that everything falls within these distances.

Using a timed light distance measurement, a planet's year, and triangulation....we are virtually certain of everything's alignment and position during orbit in this solar system.

You simply cant deny the math. And to do so with out data of your own is laughable. No no no...it is FE

~D-Draw

narcberry

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 03:21:31 PM »
Im just amazed how for the measurements being wrong we have near/virtually precise calculated data to support that everything falls within these distances.

Using a timed light distance measurement, a planet's year, and triangulation....we are virtually certain of everything's alignment and position during orbit in this solar system.

You simply cant deny the math. And to do so with out data of your own is laughable. No no no...it is FE

Do you read, or just post? I told you I would present it. But, like the child you are, you call for math and present none of your own. This thread is dedicated to the mountains of evidence, of which you have none. Run along now, and make sure you dont cross the street without a buddy.

YL Groper

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 03:29:01 PM »
I was typing at the same time that you posted that, Herb.

I don't need to provide evidence....Though i will if you admit to us that you have not had at least a standard elementary education. Open any grade school science book, genius. These numbers are universal to the modern world. This same information is taught to anyone in any classroom on the planet. DUH! Do i need to enroll you into the 4th grade?

Wow, we have a bright one on our hands....

~D-Draw

narcberry

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 03:34:29 PM »

I don't need to provide evidence....Though i will if you admit to us that you have not had at least a standard elementary education. Open any grade school science book, genius. These numbers are universal to the modern world. This same information is taught to anyone in any classroom on the planet. DUH! Do i need to enroll you into the 4th grade?

Are you saying I would find these calculations in a 4th grade science book?

In fourth grade I was still learning simple arithmatic. I didn't see any of these calculations in my middle school. I saw a reference to them in high school. I saw a reference to them in my under-graduate studies. I referenced them in my graduate studies. I showed their flaw in my post graduate work. You might even wish to look up some of my work.

As for a bright one, all you do is flame. I'm done responding to you. Go play a violet video game and play with your emo friends. Hopefully, with time, they will teach you proper wrist slicing techniques.

YL Groper

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 03:43:34 PM »

Are you saying I would find these calculations in a 4th grade science book?

In fourth grade I was still learning simple arithmatic. I didn't see any of these calculations in my middle school. I saw a reference to them in high school. I saw a reference to them in my under-graduate studies. I referenced them in my graduate studies. I showed their flaw in my post graduate work. You might even wish to look up some of my work.

As for a bright one, all you do is flame. I'm done responding to you. Go play a violet video game and play with your emo friends. Hopefully, with time, they will teach you proper wrist slicing techniques.

Violet or violent? Did you mean violet?

Of course you are done, without providing any scientific proof. Again, typical FE'er. Dont you have a glass of kool-aid waiting to take you on a comet ride.

You should billy Madison your education. You are a very slow FE proponent.

http://www.mhschool.com/science/2005/student/level1.php?isbn=0022812148

~D-Draw

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 05:44:26 AM »
Every mission into space.

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 06:43:21 AM »
I keep hearing RE'ers say there are mountains of proof that the earth is round... So, what proof exactly? And dont post some secondhand photoshop picture. I mean actual proof.

Mountains are explained in modern science as a phenomenon of plate tectonics. Mountains are created as a result of the expansion of the Earth's crust. New crust is continuously being created as the Earth's plates are created by magma pushed out of geothermal trenches far underneath the ocean surface.

Mountains are actually created as a result of one plate slipping beneath another as it forces its way back into the mantle. At these plate boundaries, buckling occurs on the overlapping plate, and it is actually pushed upwards by the immense amount of force exerted by the two plates.

This could not occur in the FE model, because if the earth was flat, plate expansion would cause the Earth's plates to expand outwards from the "center", which in this case is the north pole. In a spherical (read: RE) model, all of the Earth's plates are constantly exhibiting forces on one another, causing many geological events such as earthquakes, creation of new volcanoes, and creation of mountain chains.

Tension will relieve itself in the easiest way possible, and this would hold true in the Earth's plates. In the FE model, mountains would either fail to exist entirely or be very very small as a result of the almost no tension between the plates; they could expand outwards with little to no resistance. In fact, unless FE theory posits an alternative to plate tectonics, the Earth's surface would be expanding outwards and would never stop. There would be no subduction of one plate under another, so the earth would expand infinitely. This would cause a serious problem for FE theory, because the Earth's circumference would continually expand and the Ice Wall would need to expand with it - I don't see any explanation of this in the FE texts.

Links:
Tectonic plates
Subduction
Orogeny

?

DakaSha

• I'm so obviously gay
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 09:55:24 AM »
i still think its proof enough that the whole planet thinks the world is round. in order to say that its a conspiricy youd have to prove the motive behind the conspiricy. which you cant

I know the waterfalls shadow is wrong. Eat a dick you fuckin know-it-all :P
A Genius: PBF

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 10:31:34 AM »
1) When you see a ship dissapearing on the horizon, you would first see the hull dissapear and then the pole, it won't just fade out.

2) If you happen to see Italy over the Adriattic sea from Croatia, you won't see all of the Italian coast from the shore up, just the highest mountains, which prooves the curvature of the earth.
Also you have to be on a mountain or some higher ground and on a clear day to see it.

3) The International Space Station and other satellites are visible with a telescope.And don't give me that crap that they are all helium baloons, they move too fast to be helium baloons, plus the tehnology and production of them are completely explained and the tehnology does exist, it isn't just made up.There is a complete log of making the ISS.

4) It isn't explained how the Coriolis effect would work with FE yet

5) There should be thousands of witnesses of the Ice wall in the last 500 years, not everyone can be bribed.

6) 99.99 % people believe in the round earth, not because it is a conspiracy, but because it is REAL.There is absolutely no flaw in the RE theory and everything about it can be scientificaly explained.

7) Ferdinand Magellan sailed the world long before a ''goverment would start the conspiracy'' and he prooved it was round.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 10:56:40 AM by leclerc »
RE= REALITY

FE= FAKE

narcberry

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 01:42:16 PM »
i still think its proof enough that the whole planet thinks the world is round. in order to say that its a conspiricy youd have to prove the motive behind the conspiricy. which you cant

Aside from the fact that we have demonstrated many motives for the conspiracy, if we used you're logic then the world was flat for a very long time. It wasn't until recently that the earth suddenly became round.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 01:46:49 PM »
Personally, I don't care about the motive behind the Conspiracy.  I just want to see some actual evidence of its existence.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

narcberry

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 01:51:29 PM »
1) When you see a ship dissapearing on the horizon, you would first see the hull dissapear and then the pole, it won't just fade out.

2) If you happen to see Italy over the Adriattic sea from Croatia, you won't see all of the Italian coast from the shore up, just the highest mountains, which prooves the curvature of the earth.
Also you have to be on a mountain or some higher ground and on a clear day to see it.
These are the same idea, and both are addressed in Earth: Not a Globe. As well as many topics on these boards.

3) The International Space Station and other satellites are visible with a telescope.And don't give me that crap that they are all helium baloons, they move too fast to be helium baloons, plus the tehnology and production of them are completely explained and the tehnology does exist, it isn't just made up.There is a complete log of making the ISS.
They only move "that fast" if they are "that high". So if they are helium balloons, they will be much lower, and actually travel much slower. Regardless, it is very easy to move at supersonic speed when the atmosphere is so thin. The technology is there, which is why the balloon is able to give us useful data. We only contest its ability to maintain a position above the earth.

4) It isn't explained how the Coriolis effect would work with FE yet
A respected astrologer, Anders Persson explains,"The Coriolis effect does not depend on the curvature of the Earth, only on its rotation." Which is quite consistant with flat earth theory.

5) There should be thousands of witnesses of the Ice wall in the last 500 years, not everyone can be bribed.
Thousands of witnesses? Not only is the ice wall an unpopular, for many reasons, destination. But if it is guarded by the United States, who would return to tell the tale?

6) 99.99 % people believe in the round earth, not because it is a conspiracy, but because it is REAL.There is absolutely no flaw in the RE theory and everything about it can be scientificaly explained.
Aside from popularity, the same goes for flat earth theory.

7) Ferdinand Magellan sailed the world long before a ''goverment would start the conspiracy'' and he prooved it was round.
Evidence of Magellan's expeditions are very porous. As far as scientists are concerned, there is no evidence that can truly be considered regarding the shape of the earth. His evidence mostly consists of secondary witnesses and heresay.

narcberry

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2007, 01:52:57 PM »
Personally, I don't care about the motive behind the Conspiracy.  I just want to see some actual evidence of its existence.
It wouldn't be much of a conspiracy if there were the evidence I think you're looking for. However there are evidences, but they consist of strong motivations and social swings.

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 01:53:42 PM »
Og, you should probably start a separate thread with the plate tectonics stuff. I think you're on to something there. I'd do it myself, but I don't want to take all of your credit.  ;)
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2007, 01:58:46 PM »
It wouldn't be much of a conspiracy if there were the evidence I think you're looking for. However there are evidences, but they consist of strong motivations and social swings.

That's an amazing conspiracy, that's been fooling everybody for hundreds of years but that there is no evidence for!

Most conspiracy theorists (no matter how crackpot) do have evidence of their conspiracies.  I'm just saying that's ridiculously lacking in this case.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2007, 02:04:34 PM »
Most conspiracy theorists (no matter how crackpot) do have evidence of their conspiracies.  I'm just saying that's ridiculously lacking in this case.

Did you reproduce the experiments described in Earth Not a Globe and the Flat Earth Literature before making that statement?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2007, 03:37:15 PM »
Evidence of a conspiracy has nothing to do with experiments, Tom!  You're grasping here.

narcberry

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2007, 03:51:20 PM »
Evidence of a conspiracy has nothing to do with experiments, Tom!  You're grasping here.
You want evidence but scoff at experiments? "Grasping" is probably what we're all doing to discover your true goal.