Ok, so here goes

• 8 Replies
?

spike315

Ok, so here goes
« on: April 04, 2007, 12:51:53 PM »
I will not go into any intricate physics equation, nor will I speak of any theories or ideas the normal individual can't understand.

Some of the conjectures that FEers make seem plausible, but to the best of my knowledge there is one fact that they cannot dispute.

In our modern age of technology, we have access to transportation to anywhere on this earth if we have sufficient funds, correct?

Well, when one takes a flight around the world, or "over" the world, why does one not encounter any sort of barrier or "end" of the world?
There is no great mountain a plane cannot fly over, and, many hours later, one will arrive exactly where one started without encountering any sort of end or wall.

How would you explain that? Is there a vast government conspiracy for that too?  Did the government set up teleporters at the end of the world so that when you reach it, you are magically whisked away to the opposite side?

This is a simple concept anyone can understand, yet I have no come upon a single logical argument that definitively disproves it, or definitively proves an alternative.

Or shall I just state it in the convincing "dumbed down" version of our dear Narc?

1:Get on a plane
2:Fly east
3:Keep flying east
4:Roughly 40ish hours later, start looking out your window
5:See that? It's your house
6:The earth is round. GG

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Re: Ok, so here goes
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 02:33:25 PM »
Yea, that's how it works on the FE.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 02:41:26 PM »
I will not go into any intricate physics equation, nor will I speak of any theories or ideas the normal individual can't understand.

Some of the conjectures that FEers make seem plausible, but to the best of my knowledge there is one fact that they cannot dispute.

In our modern age of technology, we have access to transportation to anywhere on this earth if we have sufficient funds, correct?

Well, when one takes a flight around the world, or "over" the world, why does one not encounter any sort of barrier or "end" of the world?
There is no great mountain a plane cannot fly over, and, many hours later, one will arrive exactly where one started without encountering any sort of end or wall.

How would you explain that? Is there a vast government conspiracy for that too?  Did the government set up teleporters at the end of the world so that when you reach it, you are magically whisked away to the opposite side?

This is a simple concept anyone can understand, yet I have no come upon a single logical argument that definitively disproves it, or definitively proves an alternative.

Or shall I just state it in the convincing "dumbed down" version of our dear Narc?

Yea, that's how it works on the FE.

I still fail to see why, although unlike TheEngineer I will explain how a Flat Earth idiot sees it.  The plane flying on a curved path... but it still looks straight... and it's curved to the side... and no instruments on the plane can detect the curve...

Now, I thought the whole basis for believing in a Flat Earth was that we look down and we see flat land, we don't see the curve.  The Round Earth (also known as real world) argument explaining this is that the curvature of the Earth is so large we can't detect it with the naked eye.  Flat Earth believers refute this as ridiculous... and then use the same argument to explain how a plane can fly a straight path around the world and come back to the same spot.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

narcberry

• Reason > RET
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 02:46:35 PM »

Hey, I love dumbed down versions. Im for using them and for reading them.

East is in relation to magnetic fields. Since North is not an absolute direction, you are not traveling in a line. Or in other words, your east changes as you fly, so you are actually flying in a giant circle.

CommonCents

• ^_^
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 02:50:59 PM »
I know TheEngineer doesn't like explaining things fully, so here goes....look at the FE map.  The North Pole is in the CENTER of the map.  Compasses point at the North Pole.  According to FE 'East' and 'West' are actually 'Counterclockwise' and 'Clockwise' because those directions are based solely on the direction of North, to which a compass will always point.

I think I got that right
OMG!

?

narcberry

• Reason > RET
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 03:05:47 PM »
I know TheEngineer doesn't like explaining things fully, so here goes....look at the FE map.  The North Pole is in the CENTER of the map.  Compasses point at the North Pole.  According to FE 'East' and 'West' are actually 'Counterclockwise' and 'Clockwise' because those directions are based solely on the direction of North, to which a compass will always point.

I think I got that right
Yes, that is correct.

CommonCents

• ^_^
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 03:20:52 PM »
Ok sweet.  Quick question, is the Equator halfway between the north pole and the ice wall, as in a RE it'd be between the north and south poles?
OMG!

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 05:11:10 PM »
I know TheEngineer doesn't like explaining things fully, so here goes....look at the FE map.

Let's see, it's covered in the FAQ and in hundreds of threads, so why should I take the time to fully explain something so easily looked up?

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 05:11:28 PM »
Ok sweet.  Quick question, is the Equator halfway between the north pole and the ice wall, as in a RE it'd be between the north and south poles?
Yes.

-- Bob Hudson