Further FE evidence

• 118 Replies
Re: Further FE evidence
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2007, 02:01:02 PM »
They aren't. I know cause I saw it and I know what I am talking about. Maybe only on Giblartar cause it is so close to Africa.So please, if you don't know what you are talking about, don't talk at all.

Where did you get that info that the coast of Africa is visible from europe? A link would be nice. Or that is an assumption?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 02:07:21 PM by leclerc »
RE= REALITY

FE= FAKE

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2007, 02:07:15 PM »
Well, across the Straits of Gibraltar they may be, but that's only a tiny sliver of water on a map...

Otherwise, of course you can't look from the coast of Southern Europe across the Mediterranean and see the coast of Northern Africa.  That's just narcberry.

Oops!  I meant stupid.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Diggit

• Cotton gravy!
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2007, 02:16:15 PM »
If you wish to beat us on our own grounds, I must insist you use our own map.

Again, I wish to stress that I wasn't trying to 'beat' either theory. I just said that seeing the opposite continent is not a theory exclusive occurance. (By the way, narcberry, I used the search function to try and find a map and all I got was a load of references to this thread. Could you possibly give me a link? I know there's one on here; sort of a pinkish purplish colour if I remember correctly.)

The coast argument is definately different! It seems from the top of a mountain in Gibraltar. you can see the opposite coast. This was taken at the Straits of Gibraltar:

(I fancy a holiday there now!) The thing is, the distance between Africa and Europe at its closest point is 13km. That's not much of a stretch. Heck, the English Channel is 34km wide and you can see across that on a good day:

How far is the distance on a Flat-Earth map?

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2007, 05:12:44 PM »
FE maps are all different.  Some people believe there's an edge, others don't.  Some even believe in huge gaps in the map (or so I've heard) to make up for the difference in distance between continents (while keeping their RE size).  It's much easier to use a RE map.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2007, 05:19:01 PM »
I have yet to see to see a fe map with a scale. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 05:22:54 PM »
I have yet to see to see a fe map with a scale. 

Probably becase there isn't one.  And since this has been mentioned, someone will probably slap a scale on one.

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007, 09:14:25 PM »
and even if you could see from, say greece to egypt, the RE model doesn't say that there is immediate drop off, but a gradual rounding. the mediteranean is but a very small and insignificant land area, so even if you could see across it (which you can't) it doesnt prove anything

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007, 09:24:14 PM »
The pictures provided (as stated constantly) are visual representations of FE, not accurate maps. No one has ever claimed them to be. There has never been a scale map posted here.

Before you get too carried away, how are you so sure the RE maps you use are correct? Have you tested the distances between all places depicted?

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2007, 05:10:40 AM »

Before you get too carried away, how are you so sure the RE maps you use are correct? Have you tested the distances between all places depicted?

That is easy.Everyone who knows how to drive should be able to test the distance. Just take a map where all the roads are marked and their lenght too.Calculate the time that you would need to go from point A to point B at a chosen speed.Then take a car and go from A to B. The time you need would be the same as the time you calculated before the trip.

Same thing can be done with a boat.

That way you can test any distance from any 2 points on the map and see that they are true
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 05:13:05 AM by leclerc »
RE= REALITY

FE= FAKE

?

Bushido

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2007, 05:30:28 AM »
     FE-ers, this is a trap! DO NOT post a scaled map of the Flat Earth, because that will be your downfall and there will be no reason for this forum and society to exist anymore!

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2007, 05:33:07 AM »
Sorry? "If you're going to argue on our terms use our maps?" Well thats just fucking stupid, I'm going to make a map that has America floating just above Australia OMG LOOK! you could see Australia from America.
 Then reasonable people go:
 'that's just silly. Chrissetti, stop being silly, no you can't see Australia" And I say;
 prove it using MY map! not one based on years of cartography and research!

Hethus Christie....

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2007, 05:38:22 AM »
Im speaking of the mediterranean sea, not the adriatic. Croatia to Itality is Europe to Europe.

This is kinda offtopic but I just couldn't help noticing.What the hell is Itality? Some new FE country? Haha, only joking, please try and be more careful when typing (it's Italy) cause it makes your arguments look silly.
RE= REALITY

FE= FAKE

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2007, 05:41:18 AM »
Ah Italitiness is a state of being... best used to describe a feeling that you're covered in (or made of) pasta

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2007, 11:19:26 AM »
Ah Italitiness is a state of being... best used to describe a feeling that you're covered in (or made of) pasta

Or if you feel flat and disc-shaped ... and covered in pepperoni.
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2007, 02:02:20 PM »
Please, if you wish to prove me wrong, do so with an accurate flat earth map.

I wasn't using that round earth map as evidence for either theory. I was pointing out that the fact you can see the African continent from the South of Europe is not exclusive to a flat earth map. Either theory allows one to look accross the Mediterranean and see the other continent, so the use of this argument in either theory is moot.

Then post one dipshit, wait heres one we can use:

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2007, 02:03:47 PM »
First I'd like to point out that the Red Sea does not seperate Africa and India... any FE rebuttal to this?

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2007, 02:15:02 PM »
Please, if you wish to prove me wrong, do so with an accurate flat earth map.

I wasn't using that round earth map as evidence for either theory. I was pointing out that the fact you can see the African continent from the South of Europe is not exclusive to a flat earth map. Either theory allows one to look accross the Mediterranean and see the other continent, so the use of this argument in either theory is moot.

Then post one dipshit, wait heres one we can use:

All I see is a red 'x'. I find this ironic since there is no round earth to begin with.

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2007, 02:18:32 PM »
Thats 'cause all the crack cocaine has burst the blood vessels in your eyes, the patten is just a coiencidence.

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2007, 02:20:06 PM »
Thats 'cause all the crack cocaine has burst the blood vessels in your eyes, the patten is just a coiencidence.

No, seriously.. You've got a broken link. I'd fix the link before I would start with insults.

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2007, 07:29:37 PM »
then post your own picture, or, if you don't have one, quickly draw it with a crayon, take a picture, then post it.

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2007, 07:38:20 PM »
Maybe this is a little off topic, but this goes for any of you FE'ers who disbelieves that GPS does use satellites. Have you read the recent news? the Solar Burst may threaten GPS.

"The cause for their concern, Johnson said, was an unexpected solar radio burst on December 6 that affected virtually every GPS receiver on the lighted half of Earth. Some receivers had a reduction in accuracy while others completely lost the ability to determine position, he said."

"Solar activity rises and falls in 11-year cycles, with the next peak expected in 2011."

"If that increasing level of activity produces more such radio bursts the GPS system could be seriously affected, the researchers said."
GPS does not require satellites, fortunately it uses it.

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2007, 07:43:50 PM »
Also, if you travel north or south a significant distance, you will see a different set of stars at night. This will not happen on a flat surface.

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2007, 07:46:40 PM »
If you climb higher, you can see further.  On top of a mountain or lighthouse, or in an airplane, you can see things that are invisible -- below the horizon -- when you are on the ground.  For example, if you watch the Sun set, and at the very moment when the Sun is just below the horizon you climb quickly up a hundred feet, you will see the Sun again.  It is hard to explain why you can see further when you
climb higher unless the Earth's surface curves downward away from you wherever you stand.

I've made too many statements now.

I would like to hear some responses/arguments.

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2007, 06:53:53 PM »
Keep this thread up-to-date. People are still curious on the responses that the FE community might come up with.

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2007, 09:13:28 PM »
They won't respond for much longer. The thread has passed the three-page event horizon; the FEers will have dropped out any time now.
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.

?

Dummhuman

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2007, 11:33:11 PM »
What an absurd argument you Round-Earthers are making, because we Flat-Earthers still have discussions, and reasoned scientific debate concerning our maps. and you all accept the same ones that have been shoved down own throats by the media, we are suddenly the dishonest ones?  We Flat-Earthers may not be able to agree on a map, but you Round-Earthers are merely acting as repeaters for whatever the media tells you!

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2007, 11:48:15 PM »
Maybe this is a little off topic, but this goes for any of you FE'ers who disbelieves that GPS does use satellites. Have you read the recent news? the Solar Burst may threaten GPS.

<-----------------------

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2007, 11:55:16 PM »

<-----------------------

Read my signature and kiss my shoes.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2007, 12:06:58 AM »
Why is it fortunate?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2007, 12:09:41 AM »
Why is it fortunate?

because I'm right, and it has been proven so.