The Global Conspiracy

• 19 Replies
The Global Conspiracy
« on: April 03, 2007, 12:02:16 AM »
If the round earth theory is a global conspiracy, what do the world governments have to gain from it ? And this global conspiracy surely would require global cooperation, which was non-existant immediately after the round earth theory was widely accepted up until the post-ww2 period, and even now there are countries that can't co-exist together, let alone pull off a global conspiracy. Also, if it was a conspiracy, who would have knowledge of its existance ? Over one-hundred governments, with many leaders and representatives, wouldn't somebody let the secret out at some point ? The United States government alone has over 400 Reps.

I'm just asking, because this cover up seems to be a central part of your theory. I'm not here to discuss the science behind the flat earth theory, but the political element, so please keep it political here.

P.S: Sorry if this was already brought up, but I don't have time to do a search. I just want this question answered and I'm out of here.

Re: The Global Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 12:04:18 AM »
While I agree that there are probably government conspiracies,
I don't think the Round Earth is one of them
....About that....

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 12:11:11 AM »
I'd also like to add this. Why would nations recognize that the earth is round, after years of public belief that it was indeed flat ? Why would they go through the hassle to tell people the earth is round, when it was already commonly believed to be flat, when it was indeed flat and they had knowledge of this ? It makes no sense, its counter-productive and it hurts development. No nation wants to hurt their scientific development, or lie to their people w/o having a damn good reason.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 01:03:53 AM »
The government isn't in on the conspiracy, the conspiracy is in on the governments.

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 01:05:44 AM »
The government isn't in on the conspiracy, the conspiracy is in on the governments.

What does the conspiracy have to gain from lying to the world's population then ? And what do you mean by, "the conspiracy is in on the governments," ?

And how did this conspiracy take root, how did it become so influential w/o government support ?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 01:07:39 AM by ConspiracySayWha »

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 04:19:41 AM »
I think I've said somewhere before that the belief in the conspiracy is massive paranoia because even if there WAS this consiracy it would extend to private radio/television/telecommunication companies, engineering companies, private scientific organisations.

No government on Earth whether seperate or with others could possibly have the man-power dedicated to keeping this secret, it's absurd almost a third of the population of thewestern world would have to be in the secret police maintaining it. it's a logistical nightmare.

?

DakaSha

• I'm so obviously gay
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 04:38:22 AM »
there is no answer so dont expect one. basically the answer is going to be: "The goverment makes money"

as if it wouldnt cost bajillions more to keep it secret  ::)

Occam's razor can suck a nut in the eyes of the FE'er

I know the waterfalls shadow is wrong. Eat a dick you fuckin know-it-all :P
A Genius: PBF

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 04:47:00 AM »
WHOLE bajillions? :o lol

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 10:56:22 AM »
Bajillions and jillions and jillions and jillions and jillions and jillions and jillions....etc
....About that....

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 11:03:56 AM »
1.Ignore all research and studies done that go against you.  When you can do this, say the results somehow help your cause.  And believe in experiments that can't be reproduced and get the same results.
2.Close your eyes when there is an eclipse and any other action that would fall in the astronomy category.
3.Be anti physics.  Magical forces are ok, but simple answers  that use basic physics are not. 
4.Calm to know whats happing in Earth:Not a globe, but not be able to paraphrase even one experiment because you actually don't know what it means. 
5.Claim the world is only what you can see with your eyes. 
6.Ignore all the hard questions.  Also don't go back to threads after you posted some random BS.
7.Claim air is blue. 
8.Believe a 100 foot wall that no one has ever seen, can keep in the whole atmosphere.
9.Think everything is a conspiracy.  Your car didn't start this morning because there is a secret government plot, not because your battery is dead.

and he forgot 10. If you cant explain somthing why its there that goes with the falt earth theory say it isn't real or it doesnt exsist

you know hitler thought the earth was flat..... You dont support hitler do you?

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 11:08:42 AM »
Don't turn this into an anti-fe topic.

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 11:09:11 AM »
1.Ignore all research and studies done that go against you.  When you can do this, say the results somehow help your cause.  And believe in experiments that can't be reproduced and get the same results.
2.Close your eyes when there is an eclipse and any other action that would fall in the astronomy category.
3.Be anti physics.  Magical forces are ok, but simple answers  that use basic physics are not. 
4.Calm to know whats happing in Earth:Not a globe, but not be able to paraphrase even one experiment because you actually don't know what it means. 
5.Claim the world is only what you can see with your eyes. 
6.Ignore all the hard questions.  Also don't go back to threads after you posted some random BS.
7.Claim air is blue. 
8.Believe a 100 foot wall that no one has ever seen, can keep in the whole atmosphere.
9.Think everything is a conspiracy.  Your car didn't start this morning because there is a secret government plot, not because your battery is dead.

and he forgot 10. If you cant explain somthing why its there that goes with the falt earth theory say it isn't real or it doesnt exsist

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 11:32:24 AM »
Copypasta.

post 69 lol

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 09:38:34 PM »
Going on two days now, and I still don't have an answer. The only comment made by a flat earth believer didn't have anything to do with the topic.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 09:51:20 AM »
It doesn't matter how or why, all that matters is that it is a conspiracy.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 10:01:49 AM »
Copypasta.

post 69 lol

You dirty, dirty person...

?

DakaSha

• I'm so obviously gay
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 10:40:46 AM »
i was thinking yesterday: why the fuck would anybody who can fake the shape of the planet even need money  ::)

I know the waterfalls shadow is wrong. Eat a dick you fuckin know-it-all :P
A Genius: PBF

CommonCents

• ^_^
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 10:57:45 AM »
That's easy DakaSha.   They need money to CONTINUE to fake the shape of the planet...It's a cycle I'm afraid.
OMG!

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 01:55:19 PM »
I think you flat earthers really need to re-examine your theory, because this conspiracy is central to it and you can't even tell us why its being covered up. I'll leave it at that.

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 11:50:56 AM »
And apparently the FEers will too.  ;D
Can the FAQ...
Yes, it can.