I got an idea!

• 39 Replies
Re: I got an idea!
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2007, 08:52:12 AM »
Yes, then you may very well end up at the ice wall.  Fortunately, people use compasses, instead of dead reckoning.

On a FE map of course.  Then point east, and don't turn.  See which coarse you follow more: continueing east or moer south/east.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2007, 09:07:04 AM »
I don't see the point of all of these odd demands to fly over the Ice Wall are. Why would any of us want to do a dangerous and suicidal thing like that? Besides, acquiring a suitable transcontinental aircraft, hiring a pilot, and getting the permits and hazard insurance would cost in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 09:08:41 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2007, 09:10:30 AM »
I don't see the point of all of these odd demands to fly over the Ice Wall are. Why would any of us want to do a dangerous and suicidal thing like that? Besides, acquiring a suitable transcontinental aircraft, hiring a pilot, and getting the permits and hazard insurance would cost in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

To prove that it's there.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2007, 09:19:30 AM »
Yes, then you may very well end up at the ice wall.  Fortunately, people use compasses, instead of dead reckoning.

Compasses are used in dead reckoning.....doesn't really matter, just wanted to pipe up.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2007, 09:23:04 AM »
It most definitely can be.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2007, 10:47:47 AM »
Chump change, really. You shouldn't have problems getting donations for it.

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2007, 02:21:34 PM »
Chump change, really. You shouldn't have problems getting donations for it.

If a man showed up at my door wanting donations to prove the earth is flat, I'd punch him.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2007, 03:18:27 PM »
Look, fallow the fucking line. When I said East or South, I ment go ALL the way EAST or SOUTH! Not in a fucking circle!

If you did this you would go underneath the earth and see the bottom. Unless I am forgetting the magically force called the "sdgferthdf" that prevents you from doing this?

I love it when people consistently prove that they have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to The Flat Earth Model.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2007, 03:31:20 PM »
Planes can circumnavigate the world without a conspiracy. Due to the Flat Earth's magnetic layout planes traveling around the world would be moving in slight imperceptible curves above the face of the earth.

Here's a visualization of the FE magnetic layout: http://i11.tinypic.com/2w2mzr5.png

North is Hubward, South is Rimward, East is Turnwise and West is Widdershins.

So... you're saying the curvature is there, but we just can't detect it?

Sounds like the sane person's argument AGAINST a flat earth, but hey...

In fact, I've seen you yourself say "Look down at the ground" as evidence of a flat earth.  It's plausible to you that a plane can seem to fly in a straight line but actually be following a curve, but not that a person can seem to be standing on flat surface but actually be on a curved surface?

:D This is the kind of circular reasoning I LOVE about this forum.  You can't possibly be serious. ::)
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2007, 06:44:14 PM »
Curves does not automatically mean that he says the earth is round. Those curves are caused by gravitic forces. The curves he is talking about are like so: