CRUCIAL EXPERIMENT IN DETERMINING WHETHER THE EARTH IS FLAT

• 38 Replies
Re: CRUCIAL EXPERIMENT IN DETERMINING WHETHER THE EARTH IS FLAT
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2007, 06:03:55 PM »
Should I answer yours first?  Well, I found it boring, and who cares about lighthouses.  I was too bored reading it so most of it went over me.  My questoin now?

?

Bushido

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2007, 06:05:43 PM »
I have just realised that the idea I had about disproving the Flat Earth Model is given in the fourth paragraph at the first page of The Sacred Texts website that is cited as the source of the FE Theory in the infamous FAQ. Here is the quote:

The polar projection of the flat earth creates obvious discrepancies with known geography, particularly the farther south you go. Figure 54 inadvertantly illustrates this problem. The Zetetic map has a severly squashed South America and Africa, and Australia and New Zealand in the middle of the Pacific. I think that by the 19th century people would have noticed if Australia and Africa were thousands of miles further apart than expected, let alone if Africa was wider than it was long!

Thank God that I don't have to write the very same thing!

Here is an interesting account of Samuel Birley Rowbotham's (aka "Parallax") experimental evidence:

What do you think of it?

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2007, 06:08:40 PM »
I get the feeling I'm missing something...

?

Bushido

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2007, 06:12:45 PM »
I have just realised that the idea I had about disproving the Flat Earth Model is given in the fourth paragraph at the first page of The Sacred Texts website that is cited as the source of the FE Theory in the infamous FAQ. Here is the quote:

The polar projection of the flat earth creates obvious discrepancies with known geography, particularly the farther south you go. Figure 54 inadvertantly illustrates this problem. The Zetetic map has a severly squashed South America and Africa, and Australia and New Zealand in the middle of the Pacific. I think that by the 19th century people would have noticed if Australia and Africa were thousands of miles further apart than expected, let alone if Africa was wider than it was long!

Here is an interesting account of Samuel Birley Rowbotham's (aka "Parallax") experimental evidence:

What do you think of it?

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2007, 06:15:50 PM »

What do you think of it?

Uh huh, should I report this for spam?  Seriously, I don't know where your going with this.

?

Bushido

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 06:20:42 PM »
Just to clarify his reasons for trolling:

Waves have a peculiar property to be present at more than one point at the same time, unlike particles. So, when you say that the shockwave was measured to return at a certain point, you mean that they measured 3 oscillations at the same point.

Believe it or not, Tom Bishop gave a good answer to your question. Shockwaves can bounce off in a Flat Earth, too. But, it seems that the fundamental modes of oscillation will not be the same on a Flat and on a Round Earth. Unfortunately, you did not present detailed experimental evidence, so we can not conclude with certainty that the Earth is Flat or Round.

Please donít post defenses to the Round Earth model that you donít completely understand yourself, because you just help the Flat Earthers.

(quoted from the thread Tsar Bomba started by EIRD)

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007, 06:23:35 PM »
I'm no forum expert.  SO WHAT THE HELL IS TROLLING?

?

Bushido

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007, 06:31:50 PM »
Quote from: Daniel
What is this forum about?
Welcome to Flat Earth Debate & Discussion.  This forum is for the serious debate and discussion of Flat Earth theory.  Opposing viewpoints are, as always, welcomed -- but please keep the discussion serious and intelligent.  Trolling and low-content posting will not be tolerated and this forum will be moderated quite strictly.  "Low-content posting" refers to short posts like "lol" or "yeah" or "that's dumb."  Before you make a post in here, ask yourself, "am I really adding anything to the conversation?"  If the answer is "no", you probably shouldn't make the post.

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2007, 07:14:20 PM »
I'm guessing, by the statement from Daniel, that I shouldn't be posting this.  Well, I'm done with this topic for now then.