possible?????

• 26 Replies
?

qwerty1297

• lol tree!
possible?????
« on: March 27, 2007, 06:54:58 PM »
ive been wondering, how is it possible that there is a flat earth when there is photo's of a round one???

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
Re: possible?????
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 07:10:26 PM »
ive been wondering, how is it possible that there is no sasquatch when there is photo's of 'em???

Your answer: they were all either faked or misinterpreted.
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

?

qwerty1297

• lol tree!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:11:45 PM »
ive been wondering, how is it possible that there is no sasquatch when there is photo's of 'em???

Your answer: they were all either faked or misinterpreted.
sasquatch is a fairy tale, but how is the earth being round a fairy tale?

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:17:56 PM »
Because it is based on myths and urban legends, instead of science or facts.
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 09:01:24 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA! Franc your misunderstanding something.  It's ROUND EARTH that is backed by science and your imaginary FLAT EARTH that isn't.  And it's much easier to dress up in a sasquatch costume and tape it than make an entire round earth and tape it.  A bad reference.

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 09:29:08 AM »
ive been wondering, how is it possible that there is a flat earth when there is photo's of a round one???
The camera's power level is under 9000.

?

Reaper

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 09:50:07 AM »

Where's the scientific proof that the earth is flat?

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 10:25:46 AM »

Where's the scientific proof that the earth is flat?
Use the Search function, stupid REer. We're not your personal information gatherers.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 05:31:27 PM »
How is it possible that Hoth does not exist when there are pictures of it????????????

~D-Draw

CommonCents

• ^_^
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 05:53:24 PM »
Hoth DOES exist and anything to the contrary is sacrilege to our Lord Lucas.
OMG!

?

qwerty1297

• lol tree!
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 06:59:34 PM »
still not convincing me.....

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 03:24:21 AM »

Images are incredibly easily manipulated.

~D-Draw

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 05:33:59 AM »

~D-Draw

So are minds.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 07:40:06 AM »

~D-Draw

So are minds.
Over 6 billion of them, yep, they sure must be.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 07:53:25 AM »

~D-Draw

So are minds.
Over 6 billion of them, yep, they sure must be.

Well I was refurring to those RE's who change to FE stance after reading 1 thread.  But I guess you could also look at it that way.

?

qwerty1297

• lol tree!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 01:53:50 PM »
lol

Nicolae Carpathia

• E=mc˛ DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 02:10:42 PM »

Dude, do you even know where the Flat Earth hypothesis comes from? It comes from the freaking bible! A book about 5000 years old with people that can walk on water, and divide the ocean into two and fire comes from the sky and burns cities simply because there were some homosexuals in them. Now, if you call that science and facts, then yes, the planet is flat.

I wonder, why hasn't fire burned down NYC? The number of homosexuals here is increasing dramatically. 

So many questions, no logical answers.

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 02:35:47 PM »

Dude, do you even know where the Flat Earth hypothesis comes from? It comes from the freaking bible! A book about 5000 years old with people that can walk on water, and divide the ocean into two and fire comes from the sky and burns cities simply because there were some homosexuals in them. Now, if you call that science and facts, then yes, the planet is flat.

I wonder, why hasn't fire burned down NYC? The number of homosexuals here is increasing dramatically. 
I'm not a bible scholar but I am curious. Can you point out passages that claim the earth is flat?

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 02:53:53 PM »

I'm not a bible scholar but I am curious. Can you point out passages that claim the earth is flat?

The Bible itself is flat, when laid on it's front or back side.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

qwerty1297

• lol tree!
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 04:45:33 PM »

what does that have to do with flat earth?

Nicolae Carpathia

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 05:48:13 PM »

Let me see if I can remember.

Here are some:

1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”

Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”

Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”

Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”

Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”

And more:

Daniel 4:10-11: "the king saw a tree of great height at the centre of the earth...reaching with its top to the sky and visible to the earth's farthest bounds.”

Matthew 4:8: "Once again, the devil took him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their glory.”

If the tree can be seen from anywhere in the planet, then the planet must be flat. For in a round planet, the tree wouldn't be able to be seen due to the curvature of the Earth.

Same for the so-called Jesus. He was able to see all the kingdoms from a mountain, so, the planet must be flat.

I am not saying that these are proof of the flat Earth, (I'm a RE and an Atheist) but I showing you that the hypothesis of FE comes from ancient times (when the bible was everything).

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 08:59:57 PM »

The Flat Earth theory isn't based off of the Bible...

~D-Draw

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 07:26:43 AM »

what does that have to do with flat earth?

Well they're both flat aren't they?  That means they have something in common.

Nicolae Carpathia

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 08:16:52 AM »
Of course they have something in common. And Diego, according to Wikipedia, FE society was FIRST establish on bible mythology. And was resurrected again, in 1950something, by another religious guy. And now, the religious part of it went away I guess. But the roots are the same.

Quote from: Wikipedia
The modern flat earth movement originated when an eccentric English inventor, Samuel Rowbotham (1816-1884), based on his literal interpretation of certain biblical passages, published a 16-page pamphlet, which he later expanded into a 430 page book expounding his views. According to Rowbotham's system, which he called Zetetic Astronomy, the earth is a flat disk centered at the North Pole and bounded along its southern edge by a wall of ice, with the sun, moon, planets, and stars only a few hundred miles above the surface of the earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth_Society

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 12:12:34 PM »

The Flat Earth theory isn't based off of the Bible...

~D-Draw

dude come on...
if your going to make a statement like that
you should most definitely back it up.  or at least state your reason for claiming that...

Rarely will you find a self-employed scientist.

Tom Bishop the Self-Employed Scientist.
Proving the World Flat since 1962.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2007, 12:18:04 PM »
Most FE'ers are atheists.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Nicolae Carpathia

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2007, 12:25:30 PM »
Most FE'ers are atheists.

That makes most FE'ers very bad Atheist.