JUSTICE LEAGUE
« on: March 24, 2007, 11:28:40 PM »
ASEMBLEEEEEEEE!!!

why aren't you assembling?!?!!?!?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 11:58:37 PM »
Because DC is for losers who don't realize that Marvel is thousands of times better.

~D-Draw

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 08:07:46 AM »
Marvel is a thousand times better.
Except when it's not! :P
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 04:31:26 PM »
Marvel is a thousand times better.
Except when it's not! :P
*growls* When is Marvel NOT better than DC?
Superman - A homosexual who everybody loves and has no weaknesses (kryptonite isn't a weakness at all since usually he can just bat it away and win); it's so predictable, and there hasn't been anything NEW added to it in ages.
Wonder Woman - Exactly like Superman, except with an added twist of impossibility because the Amazon society is a society of ONLY women (and yet they all have children and continue living in the society). Yeah...right.
Batman - He's alright and has weaknesses, but is only interesting when Frank Miller writes it (and honestly Frank Miller can write about Shit-Man and it'd be the most epic piece of crap you've ever seen).

Marvel:
X-Men - All superheroes have strengths and weaknesses, each one with their funky little quirks and personalities. Not to mention, the villains MAKE SENSE. Magneto is arguably one of the most well-thought-out villains in the history of comic books. He has MOTIVES, not just "I want to kill this guy." "Why?" "...........I'm EEEEEEEEVIL!"
Spiderman - A person who actually has WEAKNESSES and PROBLEMS which need sovling, plus great villains and so many awesome side-tracks like Venom and stuff.
Captain America - Kind of cheesy, but still interesting. Yeah, everybody loves him, but the villains are interesting and he has the capability to be unpredictable (in fact, in the Civil War series, he recently DIED...I almost cried, I swear to god).

There's no denying that Stan Lee is a fucking genius. I will admit, however, that Vertigo (a subsidary label of DC Comics) usually puts out some excellent comic books, that's a whole different story because Vertigo is barely a part of DC at all, they're just owned by DC. Marvel and Dark Horse, I must say, totally own the comic book industry in the terms of creativity.

~D-Draw

Sorry about the rant...I felt it was necessary...somehow...<_<

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 04:33:02 PM »
Marvel has more interesting and varied characters. But Superman pwns all tbh.

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 05:19:31 PM »
Marvel has more interesting and varied characters. But Superman pwns all tbh.

SUPER MAN SUCKS!

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 05:22:06 PM »
I would be scared to let him near my bits tbh.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 07:34:29 PM »
I honestly find Superman the most uncompelling and drudgingly boring superhero ever. Like I said, he really has no weakness that he can't survive, he never receives more than a scratch on him, he's invincible, everybody loves him as BOTH his aliases (Clark Kent and Superman), no matter how much how much he's neglecting one or the other, and honestly the villains are so full of shit--none of them have the remote TRACES of a motive. Ever. The only people who I find SOMEWHAT entertaining AT ALL in the entirety of the Justice League are the Green Lantern and Flash (Flash simply because he's funny--the comics still get boring since he's more picking up chicks than he is fighting crime).

Marvel, on the other hand, has interesting characters bursting from the seams.

~D-Draw

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 10:10:26 PM »
No no. You are WRONG DIEGO! PRECRISIS SUPES IS THE BEST!
ah.

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 11:46:53 PM »
um... The Punisher is cool... ( '-')

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 11:52:38 PM »
Yeah...The Punisher was Marvel.

~D-Draw

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 11:57:40 PM »
oh, yes i know. I just mentioned him because there were some talk about Marvel characters.

Btw. Who made Spawn?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 12:04:36 AM »
I'm pretty sure Spawn was Image Comics...not 100% sure. Someone Google it. I know the creator's name was Todd McFarlane.

~D-Draw

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 12:06:17 AM »
I just checked it myself, and Wiki said it was Image Comics.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 12:25:24 AM »
I just checked it myself, and Wiki said it was Image Comics.
Yesssssss. Score one for the Diego-meister. I was thinking for some reason that it might've been Dark Horse. Guess not.

~D-Draw

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 03:43:10 AM »
I like Superman for the very reason that he is indestructable.

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 09:51:23 AM »
Precrisis supes guys! I am telling you! In one comic he heard some dudes on the other side of the universe talking smack, so before Lois could blink her eyes he flew over there and stomped them out. Then returned before her eyes even opened.
ah.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 11:26:51 AM »
But invincibility is so BORING. He doesn't have any character or any class. It defies the very nature of story-writing. You need conflict in order to have a climax. Fighting Lex Luthor for the fiftieth time is NOT a good conflict.

~D-Draw

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 12:50:05 PM »
But invincibility is so BORING. He doesn't have any character or any class. It defies the very nature of story-writing. You need conflict in order to have a climax. Fighting Lex Luthor for the fiftieth time is NOT a good conflict.

~D-Draw

indeed.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 12:53:04 PM »
Bah you're just jealous of how awesome superman is
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 01:09:26 PM »
I just like the films and the animated series. Never read a super-hero comic of any description in my life. I used to love The Beano though. Used to get the annual every year and everything.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 01:11:40 PM »
I watched the tv series, the films weren't great though. And didnt watch the animated series, the only animated super-hero type series I ever watched was X-Men. Gambit was the coolest!

I still got old beanos and dandys my friend's dad gave me, loads of them.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 01:12:43 PM »
I think I've still got the annuals somewhere. Along with loads of other one's from car boot sales like Beezer and Topper.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 03:35:08 PM »
Bah you're just jealous of how awesome superman is
No, I'm not. Name one DC superhero that's better than a Marvel character. Can't do it? What a surprise.

~D-Draw

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 03:35:53 PM »
Superman > Electro

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 11:34:22 PM »
HULK CRUSH!