I have PROOF of RE theory!!!!!

• 91 Replies
Re: I have PROOF of RE theory!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2007, 05:13:14 PM »
if the relevency of the original topic is questionable then surely an agreement/disagreement would be barely relevant...and besides, agreeing/disagreeing only has the application of attempting to strengthen an argument, so inherently simply agreeing/disagreeing truly has no purpose but to explain what you think, and if you want to get off on that tangent, relevency is sheerly up to one's perception, so you can make it relevent or non-relevent based on your mental standing of the situation

An agreement or disagreement can be nothing but relevant to the subject you are agreeing with or disagreeing with. Unless you think I've made a post, somewhere, analogous to this example:

Person A: I like Cornflakes; my favourite breakfast. They are the best don't you think?

Me: I disagree, I think a Bear would beat a Tiger in a fight.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2007, 05:14:50 PM »
I do think a bear would beat a tiger in a fight
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2007, 05:16:44 PM »
unless of course it's a siberian tiger...those things will kick the shit out of anything

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2007, 05:16:54 PM »
I agree, increasing tax on high-emissions vehicles really won't stop people buying them.

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2007, 05:18:50 PM »
I agree, increasing tax on high-emissions vehicles really won't stop people buying them.

there [wo]man, there's your non relevant agreement.

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2007, 05:20:09 PM »
Oh damn he got me.

And you've been reading for weeks and know about all these non-relevant posts I've supposedly made but....

don't know my gender?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2007, 05:22:44 PM »
Kasroa is a hairy woman
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2007, 05:22:53 PM »
nope i don't know your gender...i don't care about it, therefore i don't know.  and i'm lazy as i stated before, and that quote was the most readily accessible :)

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2007, 05:23:55 PM »
I wish you guys would focus your attention to the arguments at hand... We need you RE'ers to band together if theres ever hope of you contributing to a valid argument against FE.

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2007, 05:24:23 PM »
You don't have to care about it to know.

« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2007, 05:25:12 PM »
LOL that was uncalled for...but as the general has WAYYYY more posts than me and since as kas insinuated the more posts you have the more you know about the site, i have to believe the general.  ;D

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2007, 05:25:56 PM »
narc you're so full of shit your eyes are brown...and don't say they aren't, i know they are...

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2007, 05:27:12 PM »
But I am a hairy woman.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2007, 05:27:27 PM »
LOL that was uncalled for...but as the general has WAYYYY more posts than me and since as kas insinuated the more posts you have the more you know about the site, i have to believe the general.  ;D

Yeah believe me I know everything ;D I am the Mod's favourite...

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2007, 05:28:32 PM »
then, kas, i feel sorry for you.  god has cursed you, may he reward you in heaven.

« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2007, 05:29:27 PM »
It is a blessing not a curse. Jealous.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2007, 05:29:54 PM »
Kasroa is proud of her beard, she is planning on joining a travelling freak show in the near future

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2007, 07:43:43 PM »
I find it mildly amusing that people line narcberry see the Flat Earth society as this juggernaut slowly picking up momentum, like some sleeping dragon that no longer wishes to play the underdog and is in a position to take over the whole world. That is simply not the case.

In case it escaped your notice, there are very few of you, and your numbers are declining. Hell, scientology is more popular than you guys. And I generally don't trust societies based on incompetent, senile inventors (Rowbotham), who was then forcibly replaced by a cruel, heartless tyrant (Voliva) who used the raw labour of his followers in his Zion Industries front.

Yep, sounds like the cradle of truth and justice to me.
I wish my lawn was emo so it'd cut itself.

narcberry's token douchebag score: 4

« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2007, 11:10:54 AM »
BTW, when is the next good meteor shower? I tried for the Geminids and the Leonids last year but was quite disappointed. The last really good one I remember was a storm in 2001, I think those were the Leonids then, saw about 8-12/minute during the peak and saw at least 3 good fireballs.
I know there's a rather nice one mid-to late august, in the southern Ontario area. That's not exactly soon, but if you ever get the chance go watch it it's amazing. I saw about 20 nice ones in one night.
The August shower I believe is the Perseids from comet Swift-Tuttle. There have been some great Perseids, but none in the last few years that I remember. There was supposed to be a good one in 2004 but my area had too much cloud cover. Last year, they hit during a bright moon phase which made viewing difficult.

I wonder how many astronomical observers are in this forum. A real fun thing to attempt is a Messier Marathon. This year the best time was just over a week ago during the new moon. It is the one time of year when all 110 Messier deep-sky objects can be seen in one night. Due to the rotation of the Earth (don't know how the FE people explain this), you have start right at sundown to get those like M77 and M74 that dip away in the west right after the sun and go until sunrise. I have never completed one, but I'm not as proficient as finding and positively identifying them as I could be.

So does anyone else routinely go out with telescope viewing?

?

YourAverageJoe

« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2007, 10:38:50 AM »
Stars tend to be rather large, and I think we would notice if the earth hit one...
So maybe its a small miniature star. You can't prove that it isn't can you? according to your logic about the shape of our planet nothing in space can be proven since NASA is involved in mostly everything we know about space. I'm not saying I agree with him but if you want to be consistent then you should be saying he has a point. of course none of these flat earth arguments are consistent anyway.

Have you any idea how small a star can be? Look at Jupiter, a massive globe of gasses, riddled with inhumane storms only because of its insane gravity. It's multiple times bigger than the earth. Even then, it's not nearly massive enough to be a star. How the hell do you suppose an object that's hundreds of times bigger than the earth to hit it without us noticing!?

« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2007, 11:50:44 AM »
That's an interesting point. Since NASA is a large parto of the conspiracy, why believe ANYTHING they say about the universe, including the requirements of a star or other stellar object? Hell, it could be a cover-up for an even BIGGER theory than flat earth... maybe a flat universe!
I wish my lawn was emo so it'd cut itself.

narcberry's token douchebag score: 4

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2007, 11:54:53 AM »
now you are just being silly :)

?

YourAverageJoe

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2007, 04:01:57 PM »
Because even if NASA were to hold up a conspiracy to "hide" the "truth" about the Earth's shape, how do you explain the hundreds of thousands of independant studies that support their so-called "conspiracy?" And, on that note, how could they change history books that tell of the Earth's shape's discoveries, decades before NASA was born?

CommonCents

• ^_^
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2007, 04:12:11 PM »
Because even if NASA were to hold up a conspiracy to "hide" the "truth" about the Earth's shape, how do you explain the hundreds of thousands of independant studies that support their so-called "conspiracy?" And, on that note, how could they change history books that tell of the Earth's shape's discoveries, decades before NASA was born?

Fisheye lenses probably...crafty bastards
OMG!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2007, 12:18:38 PM »
This thread is full of worthless posts.  So someone recap how fe'ers explain Foucault Pendulum.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2007, 12:19:06 PM »
I find myself skipping past threads in which he has posted.

Keep skipping, troll. We don't want you to post here. Get along and go to another board.

My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

CommonCents

• ^_^
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2007, 12:26:37 PM »
Franc's reply:
In both cases, the explanation is mundane. The ambient wind, temperature changes, movements of the subject, etc... explain rotation very well.

Other dude's reply:
A rotating Earth and a flat Earth are not mutually exclusive.

Only 2 I saw reading it over...both on the first page.
OMG!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2007, 05:00:40 PM »
Thanks.

The problem with dumb ass francs reply is that the experiment would work in a vacuum.  And the problem with the other reply is that according the FE model the earth doesn’t rotate.  The sun magically spins above the Earth.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2007, 08:51:17 AM »
Thanks.

The problem with dumb ass francs reply is that the experiment would work in a vacuum.  And the problem with the other reply is that according the FE model the earth doesn’t rotate.  The sun magically spins above the Earth.

The earth rotates.  But how the sun/moon move is still unkown.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2007, 10:04:53 AM »
Thanks.

The earth rotates.  But how the sun/moon move is still unkown.

More than that is unknown in this crap.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.