I have PROOF of RE theory!!!!!

• 91 Replies
I have PROOF of RE theory!!!!!
« on: March 22, 2007, 08:39:41 AM »
I have a challenge for anyone who actually thinks there is a legitimate debate on this topic. Set up a very heavy pendulum somewhere, but make sure it is free to rotate if it feels any forces on it.

Guess what . . . it WILL rotate (unless you live at the equator). There is only explanation for this rotation . . . the earth is spinning. A spinning earth is a non-intertial reference frame. Therefore, the pendulum will try to remain oriented in the same direction by spining in the opposite direction relative to the surface of the earth.

Now, after you do that and you are convinced that the earth is spinning I have a second experiment for you to do, but it's going to require some traveling.

Record the period of rotation. That is, time how long it takes for your pendulum to spin around one time. Now go to a different lattitude and time it again. You will notice that the closer you get to the North Pole, the period of rotation will approach 24 hours (the period of rotation of the earth). The closer you get to the equator, it will approach infinity (it will not spin). If you do not have access to either of these places, you will simply notice that as you go north, it will spin faster. If you can get sound of the equator, it will spin the opposite direction.

There is no explanation other than RE theory for these effects occuring in precisely this way. Theory proven . . . everyone else go home!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 08:41:39 AM by kinereoj »

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
Re: I have PROOF of RE theory!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 01:07:40 PM »
A rotating Earth and a flat Earth are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
the cake is a lie

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 03:29:54 PM »
The rotating disk would give different sets of results than a rotating sphere though, I think that's the point of this experiment. 

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 03:34:42 PM »
1. A pendulum is rotating.
2. ? ? ?
3. ROUND EARTH!

Your reasoning is pretty much like those psychic bullshitters who claim they can move pendulums with their minds.

In both cases, the explanation is mundane. The ambient wind, temperature changes, movements of the subject, etc... explain rotation very well.

Round Earthism is a religion with zero evidence.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 03:37:24 PM by Franc T., Planar »
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 03:36:31 PM »
Round Earthism is a religion with zero evidence.

That was neat.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

YourAverageJoe

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 05:08:36 PM »
I've got proof: When you see a ship approaching from somewhere very far, you don't see it fade in, like it would when exiting fog. No, you see how it first rises, as if climbing a slope, while approaching you.

This has been seen by sailors and related peoples for milleniae. Alternative: Go on a cruise, and watch as the land rises out from the horizon when you approach it.

The earth's rotation around the sun? Just put up a camera somewhere, making sure to get a good view of the night sky, while still having some environment in the shot as a referrence point. If you take a picture every night for about six months, you'll see that the first picture is very different from the first one, and that you can clearly see the night sky "moving" if you can set them up as one frame each in an animation (Flash? MovieMaker?)

Funny thing is, these two experiments are both pretty old, and have been redone millions of times for all kinds of educational films and such.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »
I've got proof: When you see a ship approaching from somewhere very far, you don't see it fade in, like it would when exiting fog. No, you see how it first rises, as if climbing a slope, while approaching you.

Actually, I have never seen that, and neither have any of the FEers on this board.

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 06:18:39 AM »

Actually, I have never seen that, and neither have any of the FEers on this board.

Have you ever looked?

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 07:41:40 AM »
It's very simple to explain how it works. A swinging pendulum, if it is free to rotate, will remain at rest in an inertial reference frame. That is, it will remain at rest compared to the distant stars. Relative to the surface of the earth, it will rotate about its axis, trying to stay at rest in the inertial frame (relative to the distant stars).

That only proves the earth is spinning. You are correct that it does not prove that it's round. However, you will discover that the speed at which it rotates depends purely on latitude. It doesn't spin at all on the equator. In the southern hemisphere it spins the other direction. At the poles it spins the fastest (once per 24 hours).

If it is the wind that's making it rotate you wouldn't get precisely the same result everytime. Franc T., Planer . . . none of the things you mentioned precisely explain that rotation in any way at all.

It figures, you FE'ers are satisfied with explainations that completely suck. They make explain things in your little imaginary world, but we scientists have to solve things for real in the grown-up world.

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 08:45:44 AM »
It's very simple to explain how it works. A swinging pendulum, if it is free to rotate, will remain at rest in an inertial reference frame. That is, it will remain at rest compared to the distant stars. Relative to the surface of the earth, it will rotate about its axis, trying to stay at rest in the inertial frame (relative to the distant stars).

That only proves the earth is spinning. You are correct that it does not prove that it's round. However, you will discover that the speed at which it rotates depends purely on latitude. It doesn't spin at all on the equator. In the southern hemisphere it spins the other direction. At the poles it spins the fastest (once per 24 hours).

If it is the wind that's making it rotate you wouldn't get precisely the same result everytime. Franc T., Planer . . . none of the things you mentioned precisely explain that rotation in any way at all.

It figures, you FE'ers are satisfied with explainations that completely suck. They make explain things in your little imaginary world, but we scientists have to solve things for real in the grown-up world.

I don't think Franc's theory of the earth spins being it's an infinite plane.  He's just angry and desperatly searching for reasoning to support his beliefs, which he has no evidence of.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 08:50:38 AM »
Best to ignore Francois's answers, he's in some crazy little flat world of his own.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 08:52:57 AM »
I find myself skipping past threads in which he has posted.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 08:54:42 AM »
Nah I like reading his posts, but I dont think of them as FE answers
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 08:55:22 AM »

Well I find myself telling him to show evidence everytime I see his replies.

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 09:14:06 AM »
I'm all for spam but when it's not funny, repetetive and dull - well it's just annoying.

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 09:15:08 AM »
Good point.

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 10:00:20 AM »
I think of them as...dunno. Not quite spam, cause it's a tirade that causes bannage.
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 10:03:51 AM »
I think of them as...dunno. Not quite spam, cause it's a tirade that causes bannage.

They're not spam, they're just, well, odd

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 10:04:46 AM »
Every thread he posts in he takes it off topic with his plane earth bullshit. I only want to see FE bullshit.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 01:55:14 PM »

Keep skipping, troll. We don't want you to post here. Get along and go to another board.

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 02:03:04 PM »
ok moving on swiftly.. on a simalar subject do you know if physics guy is an FE'er cause some of the stuff (especially pics) he posts look like they are seriously just taking the piss!

?

Mary Lou Johnson

• the world's flat, just like maps
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 05:21:08 PM »

This has been seen by sailors and related peoples for milleniae. Alternative: Go on a cruise, and watch as the land rises out from the horizon when you approach it.

The earth's rotation around the sun? Just put up a camera somewhere, making sure to get a good view of the night sky, while still having some environment in the shot as a referrence point. If you take a picture every night for about six months, you'll see that the first picture is very different from the first one, and that you can clearly see the night sky "moving" if you can set them up as one frame each in an animation (Flash? MovieMaker?)

Funny thing is, these two experiments are both pretty old, and have been redone millions of times for all kinds of educational films and such.
The stars move idiot. ever seen a metero shower??
if the world was round, wouldn't all the water fall off?

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 05:29:42 PM »

Hahahahahaha

You seriously believe that "shooting stars" are actual stars?

?

Mary Lou Johnson

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 07:49:52 PM »

Hahahahahaha

Aren't they? they r afterall shooting stars.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007, 07:50:29 PM »
Uh...no.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2007, 07:53:12 PM »
WORST. POSTER. EVER.

?

Mary Lou Johnson

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2007, 08:21:12 PM »
WORST. POSTER. EVER.
that's mean. and how do you know they arent stars?!?!?!

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2007, 08:59:08 PM »
Stars tend to be rather large, and I think we would notice if the earth hit one...

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2007, 09:25:27 PM »
Stars tend to be rather large, and I think we would notice if the earth hit one...
So maybe its a small miniature star. You can't prove that it isn't can you? according to your logic about the shape of our planet nothing in space can be proven since NASA is involved in mostly everything we know about space. I'm not saying I agree with him but if you want to be consistent then you should be saying he has a point. of course none of these flat earth arguments are consistent anyway.

?

YourAverageJoe

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2007, 03:43:39 AM »

Hahahahahaha

Aren't they? they r afterall shooting stars.

Normal stars are massive globes of hydrogen that's constantly fusing to create helium...or so the story says. Shooting stars are big clumps of ice that got left out back when our solar system was still in its birth years.

If you don't believe NASA, you could at least believe the hundreds of thousands of star-watchers and enthusiasts that made independant studies that support these two notions.

On a final note: yes, stars move, really fast actually, but the earth's too far away for anyone who hasn't been looking for a very long time (tens of years) to notice.