Astronauts, how are they on the payroll + more questions.

• 15 Replies
Astronauts, how are they on the payroll + more questions.
« on: March 21, 2007, 03:11:08 PM »
alright, i have just found this site after getting a good kick out of the Fixed Earth website that basically states that a rotating earth is the product of a two thousand year old conspiracy started by the jews to eradicate the Christians (yeah... uh-huh). well, in reading that the earth being round is a huge conspiracy to keep the real truth that the world is a big ass coin shaped planet,  have started to wonder:

* How is it that all of the many astronauts from at least three different countries are on a payroll to keep quiet about the earth being flat. i mean, come on, at least 1 tell all report of seeing a flat earth would surface somewhere.

* Why does this Round Earth conspiracy exist in the first place? Who is the big man making sure that the earth is flat and why is he trying to do so? is there any gain to everyone believing in a flat earth, or is it just someone who wants to pull the wool over the worlds eyes?

* How is it that such a small population of the world believes in the flat earth while the rest are Round Eathers? if Flat earth was the truth, then there would be at least 5% of the world believing in a flat earth.

?

Tom Bishop

Re: Astronauts, how are they on the payroll + more questions.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 03:30:34 PM »
1.) The astronauts are likely fooled as much as the rest of us. The shuttle's windows and cameras have embedded fish-eye lenses.

2.) I describe the origins and motive of the conspiracy here.

3.) Publicity beats fact any day of the week.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 03:35:44 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 03:34:51 PM »
i'm sorry, but that elite Secret Society who makes money off of NASA kickbacks without anyone being the wiser is kinda weak.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 03:37:21 PM »
i'm sorry, but that elite Secret Society who makes money off of NASA kickbacks without anyone being the wiser is kinda weak.

If anyone went to the media claiming that the world was flat and that NASA was a fraud, do you really think anyone would believe them?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 03:40:22 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 03:54:42 PM »
There are tens of thousands of people that make hundreds of millions of dollars each per year just because people think the earth is round. Pretty obvious why money isn't a problem, right?

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 04:00:59 PM »
and would you tell me who they are and what they do? that is like saying that i make tons of money by believing that the Iraq War is right. you provide absolutely no logic/support for that one sentence answer. arn't you fighting against blind belief even though right there you are enforcing it?

NASA is many times viewed as an outright failure and a story bout corruption in NASA would gain most of the US's attention faster than a stolen Olsen Twins tape.

nice edit, Tom.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 04:07:52 PM by akimbros »

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 04:08:05 PM »
Tom Bishop, don't pussyfoot around the question. NASA is many times viewed as an outright failure and a story bout corruption in NASA would gain most of the US's attention faster than a stolen Olsen Twins tape.

Face it. No newspaper in the country would run a story claiming that the world was flat even if the director of NASA called them up and admitted it personally. Today the belief of a Round Earth is set in stone to all peoples of the world so strongly that no piece of evidence could persuade a person to consider the Flat Earth a possibility.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 04:10:50 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 04:13:39 PM »
jesus christ, you are forgetting about my part about just exposing corruption in NASA. if you could do that then you can at least bring down the Secret Society. i mean, hell, thats a start.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 04:15:18 PM »
Tom Bishop, don't pussyfoot around the question. NASA is many times viewed as an outright failure and a story bout corruption in NASA would gain most of the US's attention faster than a stolen Olsen Twins tape.

Face it. No newspaper in the country would run a story claiming that the world was flat even if the director of NASA called them up and admitted it personally. Today the belief of a Round Earth is set in stone to all peoples of the world so strongly that no piece of evidence could persuade a person to consider the Flat Earth a possibility.

Oo article idea. Cheers Tom!
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 05:08:52 PM »
alright, another thing. you say that all of this Secret society stuff exists, but there is less evidence for it then there is for a flat earth. do you have any REAL, HARD, evidence that it exists, or are you just putting two and two together and calling it 5.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 05:11:12 PM »
NASA is many times viewed as an outright failure and a story bout corruption in NASA would gain most of the US's attention faster than a stolen Olsen Twins tape.
NASA's a failure?  Says who?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 06:22:53 PM »
those taxpayers whose money went into at least 2 multi-million dollar probes that have gon missing or crashed into a panet becasue someone had misplaced a hyphen.

really, i know plenty of people who think we should downsize nasa to a model rocket company and put that moneytowards social security or findind a cure for cancer.

?

SNB

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 06:39:59 PM »
those taxpayers whose money went into at least 2 multi-million dollar probes that have gon missing or crashed into a panet becasue someone had misplaced a hyphen.

really, i know plenty of people who think we should downsize nasa to a model rocket company and put that moneytowards social security or findind a cure for cancer.

There is no such thing as cancer. That's another conspiracy. We actually live in a virtual Utopia - poverty, war, hunger, bad morals, the Red Sox winning the world series, and money are all government conspiracies. I've never seen a dollar in my life.

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »
REd Sox winning the world series is in a Utopia? what kind of effed up Utopia do YOU invision?

i bet you also think that Enviromentally Friendly cars are part of this Utopia. pfft.

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 05:57:35 AM »
and would you tell me who they are and what they do?

It's the pizza industry. No one would eat something shaped as the earth, so flat earth scares the hell outta them.
And also banks. With the earth being flat, no one would ever invest money...
What about sea transportation? Who would ever want to use sea transportation if the earth turned out to be flat?
Not even to mention zoo's and amusement parks... They would suffer the most, as well as planetariums.

Sum them up, makes billions of dollars of investment...
Got it now?

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 06:20:32 AM »
1.) The astronauts are likely fooled as much as the rest of us. The shuttle's windows and cameras have embedded fish-eye lenses.

I thought space traval wasn't possible in FE theory...