I saw Saturn a few nights ago...

• 7 Replies
?

Its A Conspiracy

I saw Saturn a few nights ago...
« on: March 19, 2007, 07:22:23 PM »
They had some telescopes set up at the local science center recently. It was quite beautiful, and you could see the rings and everything.

But anyhow, how in the world does FE theory account for my experience? It was clearly moving through the sky (we had to readjust the telescope after a while because it had drifted out of sight) in the same way it would if the earth was rotating. Also, how does a model with flat celestial bodies account for planetary rings if there's no gravity?

If Saturn and other planets were flat, wouldn't they look ovoid through a telescope instead of circular?

ps. I've seen the curve of the horizon from an airplane.

Re: I saw Saturn a few nights ago...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 07:35:42 PM »
It was a fish eye lens.  Cased closed.
Been debunkin flat earth theory for over 50 years.

?

Its A Conspiracy

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 07:39:04 PM »
I thought the telescope was in on the conspiracy.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 07:40:55 PM »
They don't make telescopes without fish eye lens anymore so I assure you Saturn is not round and niether is the earth.  Case closed.
Been debunkin flat earth theory for over 50 years.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 07:06:34 AM »
If Saturn and other planets were flat, wouldn't they look ovoid through a telescope instead of circular?

The other planets are spherical.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 09:35:48 AM »
They don't make telescopes without fish eye lens anymore so I assure you Saturn is not round and niether is the earth.  Case closed.

Wrong. Blatant stupidity disguised as intelligent discourse. Fail.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

Its A Conspiracy

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 03:11:05 PM »
Why would the other planets be spherical if the earth is flat? I mean, in a RE model, gravity clumps dust and the like into spherical bodies, but in a FE model logically all the other bodies should be flat. I still haven't seen an explanation for this gaping hole in the entire theory.

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 03:13:48 PM »
read the faq noob.
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"