The Root of All Evil- $$$$$$$

• 150 Replies

FEers ftl

• Mr. Motivator
Re: The Root of All Evil- $$$$$$$
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 09:42:44 AM »
omg ADD gone wild, okay so money controls the government, it controls the church, it controls our lives

name one thing that isnt somehow about money, or controlled by it
Time to take a stand!
It takes balls to take a stand!
Do you have the balls to take the stand?
We want you to take the stand!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 09:43:53 AM »
The shape of the Earth.

Oh wait, it is. Damn. Money gets everywhere.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 09:54:06 AM »
Yeah money is a good thing. The Bible says that the love of money is the root of all evil and the rich man will not inherit the earth which basically means people shouldn't be greedy and selfish in general. Shame more people don't follow the Bible's useful parts.

And yet the rich run things, via old money . Irony.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 09:50:57 PM »
Do you fools really think that money is evil?

What is money?

Money is a universal value which can be exchanged for goods and services.
It replaces a bartering system.

Without money, we would be forced to accept one of two systems:
1. A bartering system, in which you must trade goods and services directly.
  This is a very complicated and unnecesary system.  Goods and services must be traded directly, meaning in order to get what you want from a merchant, you must have what he needs.  You cannot hope for a standard 'price' on anything, as peoples' wants and needs would change everytime a sale is conducted.  In addition, specialization is discouraged.  Why would anyone want to study physics when they have to grow their own corn?
2. A communist system, in which everyone receives a percentage of the profit and everyone does a portion of the work.
  Communist systems allow the weak to suceed, and punish the strong.  A person's worth is no longer determined by their actions or thoughts, but by the very fact that they are human.  With no impetus to suceed, why bother?

There is a simple rule in the Universe: Life is not fair.  It never will be, and it never has been.  Believe it or not some people are BETTER than others.  This is not becuase of their race, religion, sex, or any other aspect of those people.  It is only due to one trait:

These persons' ability.

As to the belief that 'the rich man runs things... boo hoo hoo...'

Guess what?  They got rich.  For the case of those who were born into money, they had damn well be able to maintain and preserve it, or they will not be rich for long.

Also, do you really think yourself incapable of reaching their heights?  Honestly, if you think that you have already failed, then you might as well not try.  Just give up, get a minimum wage job, and make damn sure that when I say 'no mayo' I get 'no mayo.'

Whiny prick.
quot;Pleasure for man, is not a luxury, but a profound psychological need."
-Nathaniel Branden

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 05:29:50 AM »
personally, I agree to some level with Richard Dawkins that Religion is the root of all evil.
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »
Do you fools really think that money is evil?

What is money?

Money is a universal value which can be exchanged for goods and services.
It replaces a bartering system.

Without money, we would be forced to accept one of two systems:
1. A bartering system, in which you must trade goods and services directly.
  This is a very complicated and unnecesary system.  Goods and services must be traded directly, meaning in order to get what you want from a merchant, you must have what he needs.  You cannot hope for a standard 'price' on anything, as peoples' wants and needs would change everytime a sale is conducted.  In addition, specialization is discouraged.  Why would anyone want to study physics when they have to grow their own corn?
2. A communist system, in which everyone receives a percentage of the profit and everyone does a portion of the work.
  Communist systems allow the weak to suceed, and punish the strong.  A person's worth is no longer determined by their actions or thoughts, but by the very fact that they are human.  With no impetus to suceed, why bother?

There is a simple rule in the Universe: Life is not fair.  It never will be, and it never has been.  Believe it or not some people are BETTER than others.  This is not becuase of their race, religion, sex, or any other aspect of those people.  It is only due to one trait:

These persons' ability.

As to the belief that 'the rich man runs things... boo hoo hoo...'

Guess what?  They got rich.  For the case of those who were born into money, they had damn well be able to maintain and preserve it, or they will not be rich for long.

Also, do you really think yourself incapable of reaching their heights?  Honestly, if you think that you have already failed, then you might as well not try.  Just give up, get a minimum wage job, and make damn sure that when I say 'no mayo' I get 'no mayo.'

Whiny prick.

I can't stop laughing because it is so true!

personally, I agree to some level with Richard Dawkins that Religion is the root of all evil.

Also so very true.

Also figuring out the root of all evil isn't the key, and at this point I don't believe there is a root of all evil. But since evil has taken the form of a fully grown red wood, I believe we have more important things to worry about then the roots.
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

I'm giving you five points for that one

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2007, 01:50:41 AM »
I always imagined evil to be an elm...
I happen to like GG.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2007, 03:42:28 AM »
It's probably better to say that greed is one source of evil, rather than currency.

FEers ftl

• Mr. Motivator
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2007, 09:18:09 AM »
well the currency part is not what im talking about, greed is money simple as that, but money can be used in situations such as power struggle and rich or poor since greed is not at the root of all poor people's minds

greed drives everything, and since we are so far down the drain i do not think there is a way back up.  The world lives and breathes money.
Time to take a stand!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2007, 09:23:02 AM »
It's probably better to say that greed is one source of evil, rather than currency.

Thats why its the love of money thats the root of evil, not money itself
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2007, 09:23:38 AM »
What a useless non-new-point-making bump

FEers ftl

• Mr. Motivator
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2007, 09:37:38 AM »
*begins the Party Boy*
*bump time*

anyways, cmon prove to me that money isnt behind everything
Time to take a stand!

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2007, 11:29:26 AM »
well the currency part is not what im talking about, greed is money simple as that, but money can be used in situations such as power struggle and rich or poor since greed is not at the root of all poor people's minds

greed drives everything, and since we are so far down the drain i do not think there is a way back up.  The world lives and breathes money.

If we got rid of money, would we still have evil?

Note to off-topic posters: If you want to talk about grinding go to everything else.

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2007, 12:39:59 PM »
yes, we would still have evil. It could be said that Human Nature is the root of all evil.
I happen to like GG.

FEers ftl

• Mr. Motivator
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2007, 03:00:29 PM »
and money has mutated human nature into greed, money is our sole motivation in life
Time to take a stand!

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2007, 03:17:28 PM »
not for me...I seek only a confortable home, a loving bloke, maybe a child or two, no grievances (had too many already in my life) and a job I'm happy in.
I happen to like GG.

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2007, 03:27:34 PM »
not for me...I seek only a confortable home, a loving bloke, maybe a child or two, no grievances (had too many already in my life) and a job I'm happy in.

That is what I seek.

If I won the lottery tomorrow I would still be living in this apartment and working at a "dead end" job, I'd just have a bank account with 5+ million dollars in it... And a nice car and a computer system.

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2007, 03:29:55 PM »
well yeah, can't forego a state of the art pc system. I'd probably take my money to Africa and build some facilities...I'm going to Ghana in my gap year I've decided. Volunteering at an orphanage.
I happen to like GG.

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2007, 03:31:48 PM »
well yeah, can't forego a state of the art pc system. I'd probably take my money to Africa and build some facilities...I'm going to Ghana in my gap year I've decided. Volunteering at an orphanage.

Fine one up me :p Cheater!

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2007, 03:33:28 PM »
I was going to do that before this thread was made. :P

Lol...sorry. Didn't mean to. :(
I happen to like GG.

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2007, 03:45:36 PM »
I was going to do that before this thread was made. :P

Lol...sorry. Didn't mean to. :(

You so did!

I wouldn't dump money into Africa for the simple reason that it would disrupt the world balance too quickly. If I became a leak and dumped funds into Africa then U.S.A.'s economy would degrade by exactly that much. The world economy would also suffer since 5 million dollars is no where NEAR enough to get all of Africa into the world economy, meanwhile it takes a loss from America's drop in it's own economy.

In order to truly help the country, you need to support it in such a way as to allow it to rise to power on it's own.

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2007, 03:52:19 PM »
I didn't say I'd spend all of it! Just enough to stick a decent hospital and school or two here and there. Oh and enough to hire an FBI agent to kill people like Mugabe. The world would be a better place if I were in charge!
I happen to like GG.

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2007, 03:57:57 PM »
I didn't say I'd spend all of it! Just enough to stick a decent hospital and school or two here and there. Oh and enough to hire an FBI agent to kill people like Mugabe. The world would be a better place if I were in charge!

Would not!

Again, a couple of hospitals won't do much good. In fact it could possibly cause serious harm. Without sufficient hospitals, you have crap loads of sick people gathering together and a facility that is unable to receive them all properly. You would create breeding grounds for disease to spread and fester.

Schools would suffer a similar problem. They would also make prime targets for terrorist attacks and what not. Best thing to do for Africa would be to have a major country simply take it over and attempt to clean up the mess. Obviously such an effort would get bloody since people have that silly thing called pride.

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2007, 03:59:16 PM »
*mental note: first thing to do as governor of Earth is to abolish pride*

cheers mate. ;)
I happen to like GG.

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2007, 04:01:01 PM »
*mental note: first thing to do as governor of Earth is to abolish pride*

cheers mate. ;)

People would smack you.

Seriously, many people just don't WANT help. They feel that they can handle the situation themselves.

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2007, 04:03:56 PM »
you'll take my help dammit! *shakes fist*

I don't intend to help people who don't want it - they're ungrateful generally, I intend to help people who need and want it. People need and want help in that Orphanage in Ghana, and I'm going. *crosses arms and puts on determined face*
I happen to like GG.

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2007, 04:29:34 PM »
I refuse!

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2007, 04:31:46 PM »
Fine. Be that way.
I happen to like GG.

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2007, 04:38:19 PM »
I will!

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2007, 05:20:24 PM »
The root of all evil is hunger for power.  Money is only part of it.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET