Air, and how it contradicts a flat earth

• 98 Replies
?

SNB

Re: Air, and how it contradicts a flat earth
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2007, 04:42:07 PM »
We could argue over 300, like we WERE. But APPARENTLY that's not ACCEPTED.  ::)

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 06:20:38 PM »
Obviously Franc is not a traditional FE'er...

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2007, 07:24:00 PM »
So please explain this infinte plane as the FE FAQ says says that the earth is 78225 miles in diameter.  Clearly you disagree with the primary FE theory.

Also, as the FAQ states..."...the sun and moon..." not the suns and moon.

Well then they are lying.
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2007, 10:23:40 PM »
1) Air is a gas. We all know that gases expand until they reach some sort of barrier. In an RE, this barrier is the Ozone layer/gravitational pull. In a Flat Earth...
No barrier. Thusly, air would expand and flow off of the edge of the Flat Earth as it is propelled through the universe. We'd be leaking air... but we arn't!
Explain why we arn't all suffocating.
(If you say the same force that propels us through the universe also keeps it in, you'd be wrong because that force would push the air easier than the Earth, and would take away air from us)

2) If we are accelerating, air pressure would increase rapidly as the Earth would constantly apply more pressure to the air, and would slowly squeeze it - if the air somehow had a way of being held in on the sides. Aircraft's cielings at which they could fly would decrease, and we would slowly be crushed under air pressure. Eventually, the air would be compressed to the point where it would combust, and we'd all die.
Explain why this does not happen, if the Earth is flat.
This does not happen because the Earth's acceleration is not increasing.  Acceleration is constant, thus the force applied by the surface to each molecule of air is constant (on the ideal average). 

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 06:02:10 PM »
Wait wait wait.  The Earth goes on forever?

no  shit dumbfuck
[size=24]TIME IS CUBIC[/size]

mightyfletch

• 14yr Meteorologist...because the Earth is round.
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 06:21:58 PM »
Considering an infinite flat Earth,  the Sun must also be infinite.  If not, then everything beyond the ICE wall is also frozen.   
Look up in the sky, it's a bird, no, it's a plane, no, it's the International Space Station!

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 06:52:35 PM »
Considering an infinite flat Earth,  the Sun must also be infinite.  If not, then everything beyond the ICE wall is also frozen.   

No... just for our local area alone, there are seven suns. Even in Round Earth Theory there is a mind-staggering number of suns in the universe: Flat Earth is no different.

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 07:00:31 PM »
No... just for our local area alone, there are seven suns. Even in Round Earth Theory there is a mind-staggering number of suns in the universe: Flat Earth is no different.
In RE we're only orbiting one of those stars, which aptly fills out the behaviors of the sun which we observe here.

mightyfletch

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2007, 06:08:25 PM »

Seven suns?  Seven does not cover infinity.  The FE theory says that other stars are small spaces in the meteor cloud.   ???
Look up in the sky, it's a bird, no, it's a plane, no, it's the International Space Station!

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2007, 06:10:02 PM »

Seven suns?  Seven does not cover infinity.  The FE theory says that other stars are small spaces in the meteor cloud.   ???

I didn't say there were only seven suns for the whole infinite Earth. There are an infinity of suns dispersed across its length.

mightyfletch

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2007, 06:12:37 PM »

I didn't say there were only seven suns for the whole infinite Earth. There are an infinity of suns dispersed across its length.

So, the rest of the world is home to extraterrestrials?

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2007, 06:14:01 PM »

No, we were all born on this planet. Since the planet is infinite, that's not very hard...

mightyfletch

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2007, 06:41:53 PM »

No, we were all born on this planet. Since the planet is infinite, that's not very hard...

The world is infinite only because it is a sphere, not a plane.  It also rotates.  If that were not so, cyclones would not be spiral shaped.  They would be remain as  thunderdstorm areas.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2007, 06:43:01 PM »

The world is infinite only because it is a sphere, not a plane.  It also rotates.  If that were not so, cyclones would not be spiral shaped.  They would be remain as  thunderdstorm areas.

Hahahahaha!

Yea right.

Since when is a sphere infinite, you doof?

mightyfletch

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2007, 06:48:44 PM »

Hahahahaha!

Yea right.

You can circumvent a sphere for eternity. 

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2007, 06:51:56 PM »

Hahahahaha!

Yea right.

You can circumvent a sphere for eternity. 

The word you were looking for is BOUNDLESS. Thank you for playing.

mightyfletch

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2007, 06:53:14 PM »

Hahahahaha!

Yea right.

Besides, the real issue that no one, not even the notorious Tom Bishop, can answer is that Coriolis force is undeniable proof that the world is a sphere that rotates.  Like I said, cyclones rotate because the world rotates.  If the Earth did not rotate, air would go directly to areas of lower pressure instead of being deflected to the right, thereby forming cyclones.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2007, 06:57:13 PM »

Hahahahaha!

Yea right.

Besides, the real issue that no one, not even the notorious Tom Bishop, can answer is that Coriolis force is undeniable proof that the world is a sphere that rotates.  Like I said, cyclones rotate because the world rotates.  If the Earth did not rotate, air would go directly to areas of lower pressure instead of being deflected to the right, thereby forming cyclones.

I am not wholly against the notion that the Earth rotates. I just haven't seen any evidence of it.

mightyfletch

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »

Hahahahaha!

Yea right.

Besides, the real issue that no one, not even the notorious Tom Bishop, can answer is that Coriolis force is undeniable proof that the world is a sphere that rotates.  Like I said, cyclones rotate because the world rotates.  If the Earth did not rotate, air would go directly to areas of lower pressure instead of being deflected to the right, thereby forming cyclones.

I am not wholly against the notion that the Earth rotates. I just haven't seen any evidence of it.

The picture next to my name is that of Katrina, which ran right over me.  That was one of many storms that prove that the Earth is spherical and rotates.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2007, 07:02:42 PM »

Hahahahaha!

Yea right.

The picture next to my name is that of Katrina, which ran right over me.  That was one of many storms that prove that the Earth is spherical and rotates.

1. Hurricanes are spiraly.
2. ? ? ?
3. ROUND EARTH!

mightyfletch

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2007, 07:05:05 PM »

Hahahahaha!

Yea right.

1. Hurricanes are spiraly.
2. ? ? ?
3. ROUND EARTH!

Coriolis effect is what it's called.  That is an everyday observation that proves that the Earth is spherical and rotates.  If it were not so, I wouldn't be able to forecast the weather.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2007, 07:08:08 PM »
NEWS FLASH: YOU CAN'T! You are just a scam artist.

mightyfletch

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2007, 07:13:16 PM »
That's pretty cheap to play the scam/conspiracy card.  How about a real rebuttle?

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2007, 07:25:15 PM »
That's pretty cheap to play the scam/conspiracy card.  How about a real rebuttle?

It's not a card. Just the truth. No one can predict the weather, at least as long as RE meteorology continues to exist.

mightyfletch

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2007, 07:34:59 PM »

It's not a card. Just the truth. No one can predict the weather, at least as long as RE meteorology continues to exist.
I'm not lying.  If you think everyone that has a conradicting view to yours is lying, then you have no reason to be on this forum.  Unless you are really trying to convince yourself that your right in order to feel better about yourself.  I thinkyour just insecure and unwilling to accept other's opinions.  I was interested in our debate until you displayed your insecurities. Bonsoir.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2007, 07:36:33 PM »
No... I say you are lying because no one can predict the weather.

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2007, 07:39:44 PM »
The News groups in our areas predict the forecast too well for it to all be a conspiracy. If it were, they'd not be able to be so accurate for so many years. They predict weather several days ahead before there are any signs of it, such as storms sweeping through our area. Last year, a week before we had a major storm in the Midwest... they predicted it. No other states, nor Canada, was having any problems with such a storm. Within 24 hours of their predicted date, over 500,000 people were without power due to a massive storm ravaging our area.

Franc, you're also the only FE'er that supports all of these made-up-on-the-spot claims that you make.
I also like how you, at first, said that the government trades with people on the other side of the world, or how you said that people have been to the other sides and claimed to have documents of the people who had done so, then now you say this surface of the earth is infinite. If it were infinite, you couldn't get to the other side.

Yeah, I knew you made up the idea that you had those journals of explorers, then claimed that if you showed them to us, you'd be arrested as a terrorist.
Now you say this surface of the earth is an infinite plane. Yeah, because those two arguements go together. Your ideas change with every new arguement!

?

silverhammermba

• Anger makes me debate. Debating makes me angry.
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2007, 11:27:21 PM »
Yes, that is correct. Air does not flow off the sides because there are no sides.

Honestly. Please. STOP REPLYING. The original question was obviously directed towards the majority of FE'ers on this forum who believe that the Earth is a finite disk. You're just clogging this topic with completely irrelevant drivel. Allow the people who the questions was directed at to answer rather than steering us all off course.
Quote from: Kasroa
Tom usually says at this point that people have seen the ice-wall. It is the Ross Ice Shelf. That usually kills the conversation by the power of sheer bull-shit alone.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2007, 11:38:08 PM »
The original post was without any physics merit.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2007, 12:02:32 AM »
Yes, that is correct. Air does not flow off the sides because there are no sides.

Honestly. Please. STOP REPLYING. The original question was obviously directed towards the majority of FE'ers on this forum who believe that the Earth is a finite disk. You're just clogging this topic with completely irrelevant drivel. Allow the people who the questions was directed at to answer rather than steering us all off course.

I will not allow the truth to be silenced.