The Flat Earth Conspiracy Conspiracy

• 31 Replies
?

SNB

The Flat Earth Conspiracy Conspiracy
« on: March 17, 2007, 08:01:50 PM »
Guys, guys! Don't you see!

The Flat Earth Conspiracy... is a CONSPIRACY!

The government has had us tricked all along. They want us to believe that the government is convincing us of a Round Earth Model so they can pull our attention away from what THEY'RE doing! Yes, pulling money away from our pockets while we're not looking so they can pay Satan to summon a level 20 pit demon! Daniel's fatal flaw back in 2098 (a short time after he became an immortal and the invention of time Travelosity) was to typo "astrophysics" as "ass phi six" on the FAQ's page, which happened to form a wormhole which led to Satan's lair. There, holding my lightsaber to his neck, I forced Satan to reveal the insidious plan to me!

Even as I speak, the war is starting between Earth and Hell, which is coincidentally located in the center of the earth. Right next to Sakkat Klaos' dwarven workshop that makes toys for the Ramadan (the universal religion - you infidels had some form of extended plus sign worship, according to the text books).

You guys can change the time stream. You can SAVE THE FUTURE! You have to siege Daniel's secret lair and steal the grail that holds all his money. Listen to me, and listen well. A demon just broke through the door.

To get the grail, you must head to the Castle AAAAARRRRRRRRGH

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
Re: The Flat Earth Conspiracy Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 08:03:16 PM »
In your jest, you have stumbled upon a truth. This board is indeed part of the conspiracy.
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 09:22:28 PM »
Oh noez! I knew it all along. Everything is a conspiracy! Wait, no, I take that back. In claiming everything to be a conspiracy, I join the ranks of the flat-earthists, who fire their Conspiracy Theories like angry (North)Vietnamese with AK-47s. Everywhere. I say there is only one conspiracy in this whole subject. I say that the original conspiracy started with the Flat-Earthists, starting with the founder of the Flat-Earth Society, Samuel Shenton back in 1956. But most, if not all of, those conspirists are dead, leaving the world with a group of people who actually believe it to be true, and the conspiracy left as a failure of whatever they wanted to happen. Unless there are a few conspirists still alive...

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 09:25:47 PM »
It's not "all a conspiracy."

There are two parts to RE belief.

1. The great majority of people, and even a lot of agents of REism, are indoctrinated. They don't act the way they do because of a conspiracy theory: simply because, like any other religion that dominates a given society, they have been raised into believing it, and thus believe it.

2. A few select individuals are part of a conspiracy. Contrary to common FE belief, this conspiracy is not malevolent, but morally neutral. Its dual aims are to protect the local area from foreign invasion, and also to benefit from trading technologies and knowledge with foreign lands without being uncovered by the general population of this local area. Both safety and greed motivate them.

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

?

SNB

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 09:27:26 PM »
I OBSERVED first-hand Daniel's dealings to the devil. That does not count as morally neutral, buddy.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 09:30:51 PM »
As a whole, the conspiracy is not wholly evil.

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 09:37:34 PM »
1) I can just throw that straight back at you. It's easier to say, too, because the FE'ers are part of a smaller group, in which concealing such a falsity is considerably easier, because there are fewer people willing to strike out against the grain of which they have been taught, which is often done in groups with one main leader. In a smaller group, such subgroups are harder to form.

2) If it is to protect from foreign invasion: Telling the public is a wiser decision. In another thread, I mentioned how the Ice Wall could not be patrolled by the US, Britain, or any of it's allies - combined. India and China combined (politically impossible & racial issues deep rooted in societies), have the manpower to do it. Not the equipment. No one has that capability. The U.S. does not have the military equipment to keep a sustained watch on the "Ice Wall." It has very little that can survive in those temperatures for long.

Trading technologies this way is illogical.
If there are people on the other side with similar techologies that we trade, would not we recieve some of their transmissions due to reflections of the radio waves off of certain objects like satellites? Would News Satellites not know of these places?
(I know I said "negative gravity" but you all say gravity is non-existant.) How do they stay on the ground? I suppose we gave them all giant magnets.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 09:41:32 PM by Skyburn »

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 09:40:47 PM »
1) I can just throw that straight back at you.

Throw what straight at me?

2) If it is to protect from foreign invasion: Telling the public is a wiser decision.

Insofar as it interferes with their greed, no.

In another thread, I mentioned how the Ice Wall could not be patrolled by the US, Britain, or any of it's allies - combined. India and China combined (politically impossible & racial issues deep rooted in societies), have the manpower to do it. Not the equipment. No one has that capability. The U.S. does not have the military equipment to keep a sustained watch on the "Ice Wall." It has very little that can survive in those temperatures for long.

All you need is to make sure no stray explorer gets to the other side. That is all. Not a very big deal. A few thousand helicopters and jet planes, and an interception force should be enough.

Trading technologies this way is illogical.

With other lands, some of which are more advanced than we are? It is logical.

If there are people on the other side with similar techologies that we trade, would not we recieve some of their transmissions due to reflections of the radio waves off of certain objects like satellites? Would News Satellites not know of these places?

Sheer distances and the Ice Wall prevents radio waves from crossing.

?

SNB

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 09:42:13 PM »
That answers my Ice Wall question. It is actually made of lead.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 09:44:29 PM »
Possibly a lead core, yes.

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 10:15:10 PM »
1) You claim I have been indoctrinated into a false belief system. Could it not be that you are the one indoctrinated into a false belief system? You above all people follow it so blindly.

2) How does not telling the public interfere with them getting money?

3) Tell me how you plan to guard that ice-wall to keep explorers from crossing too far.
Tell me where you plan to base these aircraft and helicopters that will act as an interception force. The amounts needed for a timely response No one has that kind of surplus in their airforce. The United States Air Force doesn't have enough bases for that kind of thing! You can't staff that! You can't make that work! Do you understand how that kind of thing works? You need pilots, then about ten on-base crewman per aircraft, then one mid-air refueler per every squadron or two, then a couple dozen people to service every mid-air refueling aircraft, then you need AWACS, transport aircraft to get the crews from one place to another, replacement parts, et cetera. Then there is the sub-zero temperatures you've got to deal with parts fatiguing even faster... the list is endless. Then you've got to find your enemy, a task which is easier said than done.
Helicopters are even worse, few people, but much more hassle depending on the helo and how long you want to to stay/how for it has to go. Simply put - you can't defend against that with such a trivial idea. You'd need the support of the people. You'd need to indoctrinate most of them into a militia system because your enemy can attack from any side except North, unless they get over the North Pole after bypassing other countries.
Trading technologies with people who must base their technology on a reversed world that moves away from and towards us is illogical, since, after all, you FE'ers say that the earth is accelerating in our direction, "upwards."

You did not answer my question about how people on the other side stay on their side of the Earth, instead of falling as the Earth moves away from them.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 10:23:46 PM »
"You above all people follow it so blindly."

I do not follow anything blindly.

I used to believe that intellectual property should be enforced by law. I no longer believe this.

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 10:29:10 PM »
And that's all you choose to counter. Your own pride and none of my questions/comments. No arguement for any of the rest?
Seriously, does that mean you don't know? Or that you know it's all a farse that you've been trying to counter my reason with?

Why do I say you follow it blindly? Most of the time I see your counter for arguements being "Because it's flat" and nothing logical.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 10:34:04 PM »
What is your position on intellectual property?

?

SNB

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 10:35:13 PM »
You guys are COMPLETELY missing the point that you only have 91 years to prepare an army to fight all of Hell.

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 04:52:05 AM »
1) I can just throw that straight back at you.

Throw what straight at me?

Sheer distances and the Ice Wall prevents radio waves from crossing.

A) your an idiot, he was obviously talking about throwing the exact same info u gave him, right back down your throat, because what you say about us, goes the same for you... only difference.... we have numbers and proven facts using carefully collected data. you have a handfull of crazy people claiming to have knowledge on such a topic, lets see the credentials.....eh? yea im talking to you THEENGINEER

B) if the world was flat, sheer distances would not prevent radio waves from crossing. a wave will travel forever unless reflected, refracted or caused to dampen and disperse. if nothing is in the way.... noting stops it. and if the icewall SURROUNDS the disk.... how would it have any effect on the radio waves transmitted IN the disk......

my advice, get a real job and stop worrying about the shape of the earth, its realy quite arbirtary.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 02:06:11 PM »
Get outta this board, you troll.

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 03:49:53 PM »
GAH!! How can you people speak of such insignificant things when the greatest war the universe has aver seen threatens to break over our very heads!

We must warn the Sentinels! Wake the slubmering druids of the claw and send messengers to Kryta and Ascalon! TO ARMS BRAVE MEN OF EARTH!

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 03:52:59 PM »
What is your position on intellectual property?
You're trying to change the subject.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 03:56:42 PM »
Well, answer me.

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 04:18:08 PM »
It has no relevance. You are only changing the subject so you do not have to answer mine or deal with the fact that you can't.
 Please. Back on topic.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 04:24:24 PM »
Well. Don't answer then, Mr. Pissy.

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2007, 04:27:08 PM »
My thoughts on intellectual property? What about it?

Your thoughts on my subjects I presented that have relevance?

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2007, 04:28:30 PM »
Do you think that IP claims should be enforced?

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2007, 04:32:43 PM »
Sure. Continuance of this subject is not to be made in this thread, as it has no relevance. I will ignore all IP related subjects from here on out, because continuance of their statements are simply to change the subject. I've seen such underhanded tactics used in debates before. You pulled it off rather poorly.

Now. Counter my points I made quite a while ago, or admit defeat.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 04:34:14 PM by Skyburn »

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2007, 04:34:03 PM »
Why do you think IP claims should be enforced? I used to believe the same, until I saw a study that found that, after you add replication costs to the model, IP rights become detrimental.

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 04:34:15 PM »
So you're banning his IP? olololo

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 04:35:22 PM »
Seriously, Franc T., Planar, keep to the subject of this thread. If you wish to talk about IP claims, do it elsewhere. This is not the place nor the time.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2007, 04:36:10 PM »
This is the perfect place and time.

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2007, 04:36:39 PM »
Ever heard of private messages Frenchy le pue?